JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Queen Elizabeth has died

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 593 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This article shows what will happen in the next 2 weeks. Its an interesting article.

https://www.insider.com/queen-elizabeth-death-operation-london-bridge-protocol-what-happens-next-2022-9

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

This article shows what will happen in the next 2 weeks. Its an interesting article.

https://www.insider.com/queen-elizabeth-death-operation-london-bridge-protocol-what-happens-next-2022-9

Wow, that was interesting.  So many changes to everyday matters, money, postal, passports, etc.    In addition the the cost of the coronation, making all those changes will be costly and inconvenient.  

Wow. That's the end of an era. One thing I'll say for the HRH, she never wanted the job. Her father was never meant to be King, and suddenly she's the Monarch at 25. In 70 years, she got maybe three things wrong. Name one public figure that can match that record.

It'll be an interesting shift. I live in Australia. Still part of the Commonwealth. There's been the odd push to become a Republic now and then, but most people didn't really care enough to make the change.

But the change will come. Every bit of government paperwork, every coin and note, all of it has to be updated anyway. They'll have to rewrite the British anthem. There hasn't been a King in decades.

If Elizabeth is granted a resurrection and I'm there I would really love to talk with her.  In her sheltered life of duty I wonder if she ever got contacted by JWs.  

I bet it will fascinate her, and break her heart to see how the UK figured in the prophesy from Daniel.  I'm sure she saw the underbelly of man's government like any head of state would, but I'm sure she will feel like she wasted her entire life trying to support something that stood in opposition to God's kingdom.  I guess that's what she did.  

Meanwhile the pompous religious leaders betrayed her.  

Wouldn't it be nice to picture her really enjoying her life the way she wanted to live it?  She was such a pretty woman, but in the new world her smile will have true happiness behind it.

Our Canadian $1 coin (commonly called a Loonie), and our $2 coin (called a Toonie) both have Elizabeth II stamped on the back of them.

$1: Canadian_Dollar_-_obverse.png.8b719a2cbc723ead4597ffe46dd8f320.png

$2: Toonie_-_back.png.527ee0866c012ab2f2099e47617e7544.png

They're both going to have to be replaced. Their names will likely be kept though; the $1 coin is called a Loonie because the front contains a picture of a loon.

Canadian_Dollar_-_reverse.png.e501e8ec28777c83b16b7858c410b944.png

...and the toonie of our $2 coin is "2 - nie."

Come to think of it (I just realized this), our Canadian 50¢, 25¢, 10¢, and 5¢ coins also have Elizabeth II stamped on them!

As for the British-American world power, Canada is more closely tied to Britain than the US is, which is why a lot of our money here features Queen Elizabeth. The Governor-General of Canada is the official representative of the Queen (now King) while the ruler is absent from the country. Of course, this changes nothing in Bible prophecy.

1 hour ago, Californiamama said:

In her sheltered life of duty I wonder if she ever got contacted by JWs.

Apparently, yes. One account is explained in these two references:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1979684#h=50

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301981006#h=140-143

I was on You Tube, and it's practically loaded with news of the Queen's death.  I clicked on a few of them (not the live ones) and saw what people from all over the world were commenting on.  One in particular was people saying "pray for her" caught my attention.  I did one reply to the person who was really sadden by her death.  Gave her scriptures, and if she wanted to pray, pray for the living, those grieving.    But a lot of the comments really show that people have no idea what the Bibles contains.  September is the campaign to start bible studies, you can see why. 

4 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

They'll have to rewrite the British anthem. There hasn't been a King in decades.

The anthem doesn't get rewritten. It has been the same since in was first sung in 1745.  The word Queen is changed to King and her to him.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, Californiamama said:

If Elizabeth is granted a resurrection and I'm there I would really love to talk with her.  In her sheltered life of duty I wonder if she ever got contacted by JWs.  

Wouldn't it be nice to picture her really enjoying her life the way she wanted to live it?  She was such a pretty woman, but in the new world her smile will have true happiness behind it.

My first thought too was about the resurrection. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.