JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Religion in the news

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/05/nx-s1-5099004/pope-francis-indonesia-muslim-imam-religious-harmony

Pope seeks religious harmony. 

He [Francis] actually wants some deep, meaningful engagement,” said Joel Hodge, a lecturer in theology at the Australian Catholic University.

“He’s prioritized that, particularly with the Islamic world, because of how large it is and how important it is within the global context,” Hodge said.

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, BLEmom said:

“He’s prioritized that, particularly with the Islamic world, because of how large it is and how important it is within the global context,” Hodge said.

Depending on the various sources, overall it looks like the Muslim population is 1.7 to 1.9 billion.   Very significant.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/17/donald-trump-michigan-rally-00179741?cid=apn

With each failed attempt on Trump’s life, it convinces his followers even more that he is from God. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

5 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/17/donald-trump-michigan-rally-00179741?cid=apn

With each failed attempt on Trump’s life, it convinces his followers even more that he is from God. 

I hope they are right. I hope it is because Jehovah will use him for something soon...very soon...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Cheryl Loucks, a retired nurse from Metamora, wore a shirt with an image of Trump rising from the stage in Butler, Pennsylvania, after the first assassination attempt, that said it plainly, quoting Isaiah 54:17: “NO WEAPON FORGED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER.”

“The Lord is watching out for him,” she said.

I laughed the first time I saw this. Trump's campaign was forced to take the scripture out of context so they could apply it to him. What people will desperately run to when they're under a political spell!

On 9/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, BLEmom said:

I believe Adolf Hitler said the same thing when he survived getting bombed on July 20, 1944. Just passed 80 year anniversary.

He was in the grave less than a year after this, his “1000 year Reich” having only lasted 12 years.

Honestly, with controversial figures like these, it was only a matter of time before someone tried something.

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

What people will desperately run to when they're under a political spell!

Reminds me of Revelation 6:15.

Edited by Cool.As.Ice

https://risu.ua/en/jehovahs-witnesses-and-the-war-in-ukraine_n146457
Jehovah’s Witnesses have remained neutral in the Ukraine war, despite suffering significant losses and persecution. They have provided humanitarian aid, rebuilt damaged buildings, and assisted refugees, demonstrating their commitment to helping those in need. Despite their neutrality, they have condemned the war’s negative consequences and have reported on its impact.

Construction has begun on a new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Portlaoise, Ireland. The single-story building will accommodate an auditorium, classroom, and other facilities. The group previously gathered at a premises on Ballyfin Road.

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local-news/1613972/new-chapter-for-laois-jehovah-s-witnesses-as-kingdom-hall-build-begins-in-portlaoise.html

1 hour ago, dljbsp said:

Jehovah’s Witnesses have remained neutral in the Ukraine war, despite suffering significant losses and persecution. They have provided humanitarian aid, rebuilt damaged buildings, and assisted refugees, demonstrating their commitment to helping those in need. Despite their neutrality, they have condemned the war’s negative consequences and have reported on its impact.

Thank you for this article u shared it with my boss who was very emotional about the war in Ukraine and our neutral stand.  In the beginning...I think now people consider it background noise and are not as outraged. 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

3 hours ago, dljbsp said:

Wow, what a great article David! Thanks for posting it. I put the link on my FB home page. Hopefully family and acquaintances who are not in the truth will find it helpful to understand our neutrality. (Isaiah 2:4)

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

4 hours ago, dljbsp said:

The article is dated in February, so now we are 7 months further along in this horrendous conflict and we know from reports from brothers here on JWT and elsewhere, the situation has become much more dire for our brothers and sisters there.   Thank you for sharing it @dljbsp

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

It is a privilege to be on JWT and hear from our brothers and sisters about news that we just won't get. Thankyou for posting such encouraging information.

I concur fully ... it really is a privilege. I include in my prayers how grateful I am to know what is happening in the world and why—especially as the system becomes more unstable. Lack of peace and why was one of the prime motivators that brought me into the truth back in the 1990's.

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

1 hour ago, Watching and Waiting said:

article is dated in February, so now we are 7 months further along in this horrendous conflict

I did not even notice that it was dated in February. It came up in my daily news feed. So I presumed it was current. And I guess as long as the war goes on that part of it still current.

7 hours ago, dljbsp said:

Thanks Dilip

This is a great witnessing about neutrality and love

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”