JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Samuel F. Herd: “I Was Given a Thorn in the Flesh” (2 Cor. 12:7)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 534 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Quotes: "Get on your feet! move forward to the New World! It´s just around the corner."

"let the good things enter your brain...simply put a bandage on your thorn a little while longer... Jehovah will plug it out! very soon now"

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I love that he admitted to what he did to the hummingbird before coming into the truth.

And this:

”But do you have one, a sad experience? Some painful experiences may not quickly leave the brain after repentance and God’s forgiveness.
But what do we say? We say: “Don’t dwell on them. Don’t keep them before your eyes all the time. Push them aside by thinking about good things.”
Why not open the door to your brain and mind and let the good things come in?”

I think sometimes a thorn in the side can be a chronic illness or an ongoing challenge or weakness because of imperfection, or something bad that happened to you beyond your control. Sometimes it’s very hard to think about good things when our brains get stuck in the wrong gear, so to speak, so I love the way he phrased it — “open the door to your brain and mind and let the good things come in.”

Somehow that thought of opening a door to our brain and allowing the good things we have in our lives or environment or our worship to come in…that mental image of opening a door is helpful to me because it makes it seem easier.

4 minutes ago, Esined said:

love that he admitted to what he did to the hummingbird before coming into the truth.

I think we know what his assignment will be after Armageddon. He will be in charge of caring for all the flying creatures...🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

22 hours ago, Sofia said:

Quotes: "Get on your feet! move forward to the New World! It´s just around the corner."

"let the good things enter your brain...simply put a bandage on your thorn a little while longer... Jehovah will plug it out! very soon now"

The most beautiful words I have heard this year ...brings tears to my eyes. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 10/22/2022 at 12:51 PM, Esined said:

”But do you have one, a sad experience? Some painful experiences may not quickly leave the brain after repentance and God’s forgiveness.
Why not open the door to your brain and mind and let the good things come in?”

Somehow that thought of opening a door to our brain and allowing the good things we have in our lives or environment or our worship to come in…that mental image of opening a door is helpful to me because it makes it seem easier.

This thought parallel's our ministry , doesn't it?   The householder may be dwelling on sadness , disappointment , regrets.   But that can change - if they open the door when we call.   ❤️