JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

49 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

4.7/4.4 I believe someone posted y'all don't feel anything less than 5.0...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

True, but i thought you would at least mention it :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

4.7/4.4 I believe someone posted y'all don't feel anything less than 5.0...

Yeah,  that was me...

Anything less than a 5.0 and most native Californians probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the quake and a heavy truck going by. At least,  in my experience,  that's what I have seen. 

11 minutes ago, Precision said:

You know you're from California when... you use earthquakes to stir your coffee.                                                                      

Except for the occasional 7.3....that one just knocked my cup over....

I was way too close for comfort,  for that one....

M 3.6 AT Zeerijp Groningen in the Netherlands.

And even the water is rising from the canals in Germany and the Netherlands and hitting land now. But people see it more like an attraction... 

They say they expect that the walls will hold and can even take 2 times this mass of water. Then let's hope it won't rise triple this high... 

Here is Dutch's earthquake forecast for Jan. 7 through Jan. 14:

Earthquake Forecast Spreadsheet

So far, he is 9 for 9.  (He calls it a forecast miss, if it is not within 200 miles.  I don't. ^_^)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

"Tsunami advisory in effect for Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands after magnitude 7.8 earthquake - Pacif"... - Get updates at Reuters.com

Rodrigo Anaya Rodriguez was in a hammock inside his house near popular tourist site Bacalar Lake on Mexico's Caribbean coast in Quintana Roo when he felt three tremors.

"It felt like a bulldozer was driving past," he said. "It didn't last long but was very violent."

He ran to his balcony and saw electricity posts and cables swaying.

I just saw another headline and this was on the Weather Channel, it says the same thing, earthquake hit and possible Tsunami can hit at any time.  Each country that has a shoreline, asked residents and visitors to go to high ground.  It's for Just in case water starts to go inland.  The Guardian also reported the same story.  And Reuters. 

Edited by Allabord4Jah

• 2 weeks later...

2967878_630x354.jpg

6.5 earthquake strikes in the Gulf of California, Mexico

http://abc30.com/65-earthquake-strikes-in-the-gulf-of-california-mexico/2967885/

It was only 6 miles or so down, too.

I was at the dentist's waiting for my hubby when it hit.

Terrible time for Dutchsinse to be taking a break. ^_^

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2967878_630x354.jpg&key=b5c5e88dd30fca05694912bf4231899fc926b7db7d290ca3ce16f85f30dbecb7

6.5 earthquake strikes in the Gulf of California, Mexico

http://abc30.com/65-earthquake-strikes-in-the-gulf-of-california-mexico/2967885/

It was only 6 miles or so down, too.
I was at the dentist's waiting for my hubby when it hit.
Terrible time for Dutchsinse to be taking a break. 

How bout the 2.0 in Detroit, Michigan from meteor break up... Awesome event!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 8.2 struck off Alaska’s Kodiak Island early Tuesday, prompting a tsunami warning for a large swath of coastal Alaska and Canada’s British Columbia while the remainder of the U.S. West Coast was under a watch.

https://apnews.com/4034b17c03634fc38bb99430bcacd001

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Magnitude 6.1 off the coast of West Java, Indonesia - Homes and buildings have collapsed and dozens of people have been injured.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-23/earthquake-shakes-indonesia-dozens-injured/9354436

Earlier, in Japan a volcano erupting may have been the cause of an avalanche which killed one and injured 11 others at a ski resort.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-23/avalanche-at-japanese-ski-resort-after-volcano-erupts/9353556

On 1/9/2018 at 8:34 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Here is Dutch's earthquake forecast for Jan. 7 through Jan. 14:

Earthquake Forecast Spreadsheet

So far, he is 9 for 9.  (He calls it a forecast miss, if it is not within 200 miles.  I don't. ^_^)

How do I read this?  Has this spreadsheet been updated since it was originally posted?  Does someone/Dutch go back in and update the spreadsheet after the events happen?

47 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

How do I read this?  Has this spreadsheet been updated since it was originally posted?  Does someone/Dutch go back in and update the spreadsheet after the events happen?

The spreadsheets for last week and this week are here:

http://www.dutchsinse.com/

This previous weeks forecast hit ratio was 28 hits and 12 misses  (out of a total of 40 warned locations) .

70% total accuracy.

Originally there were 38 warned locations, with 2 additions half way through the week making the total warned locations this past week an even 40.

Here is the google doc spreadsheet for the January 7, 2018 earthquake forecast:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQVQLQp103YHxlM-Kk47SkAR95842SMBLIc5voPOjbdjBETzaSPPrephvZwGHyyBT5Tbp54vTe2NXJI/pubhtml

28 out of 40 locations hit directly as expected, with an average at an even 70%.

Our “normal” weekly average is approximately 75% to 80%.