JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 4:16 PM, Sheep said:

:omg:! Does any of this mean AI is going to replace us in our witnessing work? EEK! There won't be anything left for us to do!

Don´t worry, Eric! Jesus said to his disciples: "You will be witnesses of me..." - NOT "C3PO and R2D2 will be witnesses..."

:lol1:

Chrissy :wave:

• 3 weeks later...

While studying for this weeks Congregation Bible Study,  I asked Google Bard the following questions and received some interesting answers:

As of today November 1st, 2023, how many people live on Earth?

The world population on November 1, 2023 is estimated to be 8.1 billion people. This is according to the most recent United Nations estimates elaborated by Worldometer.

As of November, 2023 how many Jehovah's Witnesses are there on Earth?

According to the Jehovah's Witnesses official website, there are over 8.6 million Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide as of 2023. This number is based on the number of active publishers, which are baptized members of the religion who report their preaching activity each month.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have grown rapidly in recent years, and their population is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.

What is their percentage compared to the current world population?

Based on the world population of 8.1 billion in 2023, Jehovah's Witnesses make up approximately 0.114%, or one in 900 people.

This makes them a small minority religion, but they are still a significant force in the world. They are known for their door-to-door preaching work and their strong sense of community.

• 1 month later...

I ve asked Bard a few tricky questions and the program isnt programmed to answer me 🤣

IMG_9730.png

IMG_9729.png

IMG_9731.png

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 5/3/2023 at 4:29 PM, Gimestr said:

I feel that AI is definitely going to disrupt the world.  This will change the world the same way the wheel, printing press, factories, television, and internet did.  The problem is that with previous technologies, they created opportunities and because of it, new industries were created. ie. more jobs.  AI is a disruptive technology.  It will wipe out certain work sectors and the opportunities it creates will be limited and smaller in scale.  

However, I don't see AI as a bad thing.  See in this system of things, it is horrendous, because we need to work here due to our dependence on money.  So any technology that takes away someone's ability to make money is bad.  However in the new system of things, I think AI will be great.  It will allow us to focus on pure worship.  We won't be stuck in a job doing a mindless task when we can instead automate that task or function.  We can spend our time doing things we enjoy.

THIS IS JUST MY OBSERVATION:

The creation of AI graphics will harm and eventually kill the art market.  Already non-artists are generating artwork a hundred at a time and selling them as downloads, as prints, on t-shirts, etc., along side real artists.  I feel for those that have invested financially in years of college education to become a graphic artists.  It is becoming increasingly hard to identify the real from the fake art in some instances.  While it is fun now for everyone who wants to to type in a text prompt and see an image get generated, eventually it will have a ripple effect on real artists being able to earn a living.  Also, I see the educational system affected (no one will need to go to college to take up graphic design so colleges will lose money).  Same for programming, why go to college to become a computer programmer when you can just type in a prompt and it will write code for you. 

On the good side:  I can see an artist that has an idea but can't visualize it so they create a few AI images for inspiration to get one's creative juices flowing.  However, they go on to create their on work (not use the generated images). 

The bad side:  People (non-artists) are opening up shops and generating 1000s of images to sell (as is) as download, sell as pictures, etc. and because of this it is beginning to over saturate the market.  AI technology encourages you to include in your text prompt a specific artist/style that will use to generate the images.  For me it seems like copying to refer to a specific artist/style (we have copyright laws that forbid copying another's work).  However with AI loads of artists have had examples of their work fed into the AI system (without their permission or compensation).  Seems like stealing (at least that is how some artist feel).  AI creators say it is not they art was just to teach the AI system.  There are legal battles going on about this and it will be interesting how it pans out.

All said, while I am just talking about the art market I'm sure there are other areas that AI will affect for the worst.  Basically anything that can be created via a computer will suffer (art, programming, writing, movies, etc.)  If you have a service skill such as carpentry, plumbing, etc. then you may be safe for a while until they introduce robots to do those jobs too. 😵‍💫

As already said people rely on money to live and it will be difficult to make a living in this system as AI will have replaced humans workers in the workforce.

Edited by lovjahupepl

19 minutes ago, lovjahupepl said:

The creation of AI graphics will harm and eventually kill the art market

Recent Hollywood strike was mainly due to AI and actors loose their jobs.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 1 month later...

My avatar is AI generated image. 

I used AI image generator (Canva Pro -paid version) for hobby purposes, and noticed I need 3-6 attempts (tweaking commands)  to achieve somewhat desired results. 

I like anime results a lot. 

RICH CAT (6).jpg

RICH CAT (5).jpg

RICH CAT (4).jpg

RICH CAT (3).jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)