JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

War in the Middle East

This seems like another proxy way, or really hard pushing between the KOTN and the KOTS

7 hours ago, Sebastian said:

The branch has given us clear direction regarding in person meetings, service and safety.

7 hours ago, Sebastian said:

some elder bodies began informing the friends to stay home only 30 min after the first reports

Isn't it amazing seeing the contrast between us and people in Satan's world?  When the attacks happened, people in Israel and Gaza were afraid, confused, and didn't really know where to go or what to do.   Meanwhile, in our organization, we're taking care of everyone as we have been trained to by Jehovah and Jesus.  We never have to worry about facing anything alone, provided the elders have your proper contact details.😉

7 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Report: Hamas calls for global Jihad, invasion of Israel, attack Jews worldwide on Oct. 13

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/10/report-hamas-calls-for-global-jihad-invasion-of-israel-attack-jews-worldwide-on-oct-13/

coming to the neighborhood near you!

Just to clarify and set the record straight - at the end of that report, where it says that a pro-Israeli carrying the flag of Israel was arrested by police in Sydney - he was arrested for his protection, not because the Australian police at that protest were anti-Jews. 

That report was twisted and made it look like the police were pro-Palestinian. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

As I was watching the news clip of those who have been taking shelter in underground bunkers. At the :48 second part of the video I am sharing, I thought of those small groups the brothers have shown us in dramas. I cannot imagine any of the friends acting like these people are doing. I am not speaking of bad of them as they are in a horrible situation.

It reminded me of the year text “Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.”  In those videos there was a calmness though conditions were breaking down outside the wall of their basement/dwelling. Now is the time to build up confidence in Jehovah's direction, including those taking the lead. Just as we pray for the Faithful & Discreet Slave to make right directions, we need to pray on behalf of those taking the lead locally. We might be cut off from our local branch and rely on those in our Congregation. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

47 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

As I was watching the news clip of those who have been taking shelter in underground bunkers. At the :48 second part of the video I am sharing, I thought of those small groups the brothers have shown us in dramas. I cannot imagine any of the friends acting like these people are doing. I am not speaking of bad of them as they are in a horrible situation.

It reminded me of the year text “Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.”  In those videos there was a calmness though conditions were breaking down outside the wall of their basement/dwelling. Now is the time to build up confidence in Jehovah's direction, including those taking the lead. Just as we pray for the Faithful & Discreet Slave to make right directions, we need to pray on behalf of those taking the lead locally. We might be cut off from our local branch and rely on those in our Congregation. 

Unfortunately I cannot view the video. The person who originally uploaded it has not made it available outside of their own country - presumably the US as you can see it. 

12 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Question: how do you recognize a Jew from the rest of the population? It's scary how quickly things move and what joy for us to have Jehovah in our lives!!!

Probably through the arabic language vs. Hebrew.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Interesting, more people here in the USA, support Hamas than Israel.  Even one congress woman who is Palestinian refused to condemn the beheading of babies, when asked repeatedly. I find it interesting that some very liberal, secular leaders in this country support people who would kill gays and treat women like low class citizens.

The very things the liberal  fight  against in the USA.  Hypocrites!  BLM put out a statement in support of Hamas terrorist. Thats no surprise since they terrorized USA cities in 2020, and Burned Looted and Murdered with impunity.

I heard one talking head say that our system is collapsing. Even they see it starting to go down. It will become clearer and clearer to more people as time goes on. Clear your schedules for some bible studies.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I listen to various news sources. 
The media agrees there is a lot of disinformation out already. 
The media sees that officials are purposely ramping up emotions of their people to their own purposes. 
The media sees war crimes from both sides. 
Let’s remember that this is like the clarification from the Annual Meeting.  “We don’t know” a LOT. 
The only thing we know is that Jehovah sees all and his kingdom will solve all problems and injustices. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, felito said:

No is not GT yet, but interesting. 

This was enough to set Iran and Hamas on rage 😡 

what a boaster!

im sure China isn’t happy neither 

It threatens the comercial silk route.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 hours ago, Prism said:

I find it interesting how Israel and Palestine are the only countries in the Middle East where Witnesses aren't banned, Palestine being the only ARAB country/territory that hasn't banned JWs. 

Does anyone know if there are there any brothers or sisters living there that are  on the forum?  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I was watching Firstpoint on YouTube this morning and Palki spoke about the amount of fake news that's being spread. She was clearly angry and showed several examples of fake news. Even the president was called out on how he 'saw beheadings' when he never did, prompting the newscaster to remind people to only speak what they can verify- to ensure truth.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I talk to a Muslim girl at the library and ask her how she is being treated, she knows I’m a Witness and appreciate that I ask about her well being. She doing good. 

Just a gesture like this can go along way of Witnessing. Showing love to all can give a witness by our conduct. 1 Peter 2:12

8 hours ago, felito said:

No is not GT yet, but interesting. 

That speech was on 23rd September.  Explains the reason for what happened last week. It's as if he was goading the Palestinians. On his head be it. 

23 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

That speech was on 23rd September.  Explains the reason for what happened last week. It's as if he was goading the Palestinians. On his head be it. 

That´s what I think too. He boasted himself too much. Iran and Hamas were humiliated by his speach. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Yet other reports show Hamas was planning this for months if not years. The fact that no intelligence picked up on the training and planning makes me think an outside force was involved 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

Yet other reports show Hamas was planning this for months if not years. The fact that no intelligence picked up on the training and planning makes me think an outside force was involved 

If it had been going on for a long time, one would expect outside intelligence to get wind of it.  Having said that, nobody expected 9/11, either.  Maybe that speech just expedited what was already in the pipeline.

3 hours ago, BLEmom said:

I think there was no intelligence because they did not hardly any technology to do plan this. They went low key on this. No matter what, more innocent people will die and suffer.

3 hours ago, BLEmom said:

I just saw a report that intelligence did know about all of the training. They watched Hamas create a fake Israeli settlement and practice raiding it.  They saw Hamas coming in on their paragliders and practice shooting people. They watched Hamas practice taking hostages. But I must have sweet talk them earlier and acted like they wanted peace for a long time. And where Israel thought they were sneaking and listening in on the conversation, Hamas knew about that and made sure that when Israel was listening they talked about how much they feared Israel's reprisal if they did anything. So Israel dismissed what Hamas was doing as propaganda and attempt to fool the people into thinking they were strong. So Israel greatly underestimated Hamas and was also too reliant on technology which Hamas took out with drones and snipers. I got this information from several YouTube channels including Wion, Fitstpost, and Warographics.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:19 PM, Bluebell said:

I found this intressting

Hamas meaning.jpeg

Yes, "Hamas" does mean "violence" or "wrongdoing" in Hebrew. This is a coincidence in language and has been noted by various media outlets and commentators over the years, especially with the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinian territories.

However, "Hamas" is an acronym derived from the Arabic phrase "Harakat al-Muqāwama al-Islāmiyya," which translates to "Islamic Resistance Movement" in English. Breaking down the Arabic phrase:

Harakat (حركة): Movement

al-Muqāwama (المقاومة): Resistance

al-Islāmiyya (الإسلامية): Islamic

When you take the first letter from "Harakat," "Muqāwama," and "Islāmiyya," you get "HMI," which is close to "Hamas" when pronounced in Arabic.

Hamas was founded in 1987 and emerged from the Muslim Brotherhood, primarily as a socio-political and militant organization based in the Palestinian territories. 

7 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I just saw a report that intelligence did know about all of the training. They watched Hamas create a fake Israeli settlement and practice raiding it.  They saw Hamas coming in on their paragliders and practice shooting people. They watched Hamas practice taking hostages. But I must have sweet talk them earlier and acted like they wanted peace for a long time. And where Israel thought they were sneaking and listening in on the conversation, Hamas knew about that and made sure that when Israel was listening they talked about how much they feared Israel's reprisal if they did anything. So Israel dismissed what Hamas was doing as propaganda and attempt to fool the people into thinking they were strong. So Israel greatly underestimated Hamas and was also too reliant on technology which Hamas took out with drones and snipers. I got this information from several YouTube channels including Wion, Fitstpost, and Warographics.

I’ve never heard of those channels. Not saying they aren’t right, I’m just not familiar with them as info sources. 
I use mainstream news from different parts of the world. CBS,NBC,BBC, DW News,CHANNEL 4 (UK),  Al Jazeera English…