JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

War in the Middle East

When you look at the history of Isreal/Palestine, it is a mess.

As @Dolce vita posted, it started way back before the first world war, where the Zionist movement was urging the British Government to provide them with the means to occupy their ancient lands. But the British Government was not swayed by them at the time, and just ignored them for the time being, even though there were some high officials who wanted to push the issue further.

After WW1, the land in contention was complicated due to Thomas Edward Lawrence (aka "Lawrence of Arabia") saying that the Arab's can have the land if they can assist with kicking the Ottoman Turks out of the area, even though Lawrence had no authority to do so. Thus, when the war was finished, the situation was starting to boil over between the British/French and the Arab's due to the Paris Peace Conference, as those lands were settled be in control of the British and the French, and the Arab's requests were largely ingnored. After the Paris Peace Conference, the Arabs were revolting against the French, which caused Winston Churchill, who was then Colonial Secretary, who knew that the Arab's respected T E Lawrence and would engage his services to come to some sort of agreement to settle the region. So after some talks, the land of Iraq and the Trans-Jordan were settled upon being ruled by the Arab's, but with the other lands, it still caused some commotion with the other "locals" of the lands about. During this time, the Jews were still trying to gain access to some of the land in Isreal, but the British continued to ignore them.

Then after WW2, as the persecution of the Jews by the Nazi regime was laid bear, it was decided by both the US and eventually the British that the Jews can return to their land as compensation from the holocaust, and using the UN as being the "supervisor" of the area until Isreal was able to settle themselves. But the locals didn't like this and ever since then, it has been a hotbed of trouble, conflicts, and wars. It doesn't help Isreal's situation when they keep on expanding their borders against the rules that are imposed by them, and also the UN fails to enact their supervisory role, leaving the other Arab states around them frustrated, thus causing them to revolt themselves. The U.S. just turns a blind eye to what the Isreal is doing, and still support them with military equipment, funds and such supplies. The British just wiped their hands very much clean after the Isreal took settlement of the area, as they were having issues within their own borders with the IRA.

Edited by Pabo

This speaker speaks about the gaza attack and theorizes that Russia could be behind it.

Spoiler

It was a very quiet morning, Saturday, 630, the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles. The happiest of all the days of the feast. Tonight there were supposed to be celebrations across the country with dancing, holding the Torah books because of the end of the cycle of reading of the Torah and the beginning of another one. There were youngsters that had a party all night out in the nature. There were a lot of Israelis that were asleep at Shabbat. And there were a lot of soldiers that had no clue that in a few minutes their lives will either end or change forever.

And then exactly at 630, with a barrage of hundreds of rockets, in a very daring move, Hamas terrorists attacked nearly 50 Israeli military outposts along the border. And once they neutralized them, they managed to breach the wall and the fence and open a wide road for their vehicles and their motorcycles. And they also used some gliders. And within 20 minutes, at least 1,000 terrorists infiltrated into Israel. And totally surprised the people in that outdoor party, civilians that are sleeping in on Shabbat, and the soldiers that never saw that coming. And within a matter of one hour, we already counted more than 100 dead. As of now, it's over 200. But the astonishing thing, the one thing that we dreaded the most, is the fact that they were able to abduct nearly 100 Israelis into Gaza Strip. And they paraded them on the main road with women and children and old people and young people and dead bodies of Israeli soldiers were all paraded along the main road. So Israel declared war. And we're about 10 hours into this war with over 5,000 rockets in less than 12 hours.

Another disturbing thing is, which leads me to believe that there is a country behind it and not just a terrorist organization, is the fact that in a very strange way, the Iron Dome missed so many rockets. And there were direct hits in so many places. And Hamas basically declared, "We neutralize the Iron Dome." These capabilities can belong to only one of two superpowers in the world. And let me guess that it's not America. We have, or we are dealing with Russia right now. Only Russia could train them to use drones and drop bombs from the drones. Only Russia could sabotage the frequency of radars to that degree. And we are facing something bigger than we have ever seen since the establishment of the State of Israel.

Throughout all the wars in 1948, in 1956, in 1967, 1973, 1982, throughout the 1990s, of course, there was the Lebanon War also in 2006. It has always been the case that Israeli soldiers fought in the frontline. Today, Israeli soldiers did not fight in the frontline. Today, terrorists knocked on the doors of civilians in their homes. It's equivalent to two things. To roughly 2,000 terrorists taking over a large portion of New York City. Taking many people as hostages. And transporting at least a thousand American civilians to Afghanistan. That's the magnitude of what we are experiencing right now. At the same time, Hezbollah has elevated its alertness and readiness for war. United Nothing is now locked up in their bases in southern Lebanon, Unifil, the United Nations Special Forces in Lebanon. They do nothing. The Taliban just announced, the Taliban in Afghanistan just announced that they're ready to go and liberate Jerusalem, if only the other Sunni Muslim countries allow them free pass all the way to Israel. The 2nd and the 3rd armies of the Egyptian military are now on the highest alert. And we are facing an existential threat. Now, I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid because I know that He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Oh my gosh William. This is overwhelming, and that's not even a big enough statement. 

The things we will share with the resurrected will blow their minds. I pray I remember so I can explain how Satan's system failed in a colossal way. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

42 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

This speaker speaks about the gaza attack and theorizes that Russia could be behind it.

Reveal hidden contents

It was a very quiet morning, Saturday, 630, the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles. The happiest of all the days of the feast. Tonight there were supposed to be celebrations across the country with dancing, holding the Torah books because of the end of the cycle of reading of the Torah and the beginning of another one. There were youngsters that had a party all night out in the nature. There were a lot of Israelis that were asleep at Shabbat. And there were a lot of soldiers that had no clue that in a few minutes their lives will either end or change forever.

And then exactly at 630, with a barrage of hundreds of rockets, in a very daring move, Hamas terrorists attacked nearly 50 Israeli military outposts along the border. And once they neutralized them, they managed to breach the wall and the fence and open a wide road for their vehicles and their motorcycles. And they also used some gliders. And within 20 minutes, at least 1,000 terrorists infiltrated into Israel. And totally surprised the people in that outdoor party, civilians that are sleeping in on Shabbat, and the soldiers that never saw that coming. And within a matter of one hour, we already counted more than 100 dead. As of now, it's over 200. But the astonishing thing, the one thing that we dreaded the most, is the fact that they were able to abduct nearly 100 Israelis into Gaza Strip. And they paraded them on the main road with women and children and old people and young people and dead bodies of Israeli soldiers were all paraded along the main road. So Israel declared war. And we're about 10 hours into this war with over 5,000 rockets in less than 12 hours.

Another disturbing thing is, which leads me to believe that there is a country behind it and not just a terrorist organization, is the fact that in a very strange way, the Iron Dome missed so many rockets. And there were direct hits in so many places. And Hamas basically declared, "We neutralize the Iron Dome." These capabilities can belong to only one of two superpowers in the world. And let me guess that it's not America. We have, or we are dealing with Russia right now. Only Russia could train them to use drones and drop bombs from the drones. Only Russia could sabotage the frequency of radars to that degree. And we are facing something bigger than we have ever seen since the establishment of the State of Israel.

Throughout all the wars in 1948, in 1956, in 1967, 1973, 1982, throughout the 1990s, of course, there was the Lebanon War also in 2006. It has always been the case that Israeli soldiers fought in the frontline. Today, Israeli soldiers did not fight in the frontline. Today, terrorists knocked on the doors of civilians in their homes. It's equivalent to two things. To roughly 2,000 terrorists taking over a large portion of New York City. Taking many people as hostages. And transporting at least a thousand American civilians to Afghanistan. That's the magnitude of what we are experiencing right now. At the same time, Hezbollah has elevated its alertness and readiness for war. United Nothing is now locked up in their bases in southern Lebanon, Unifil, the United Nations Special Forces in Lebanon. They do nothing. The Taliban just announced, the Taliban in Afghanistan just announced that they're ready to go and liberate Jerusalem, if only the other Sunni Muslim countries allow them free pass all the way to Israel. The 2nd and the 3rd armies of the Egyptian military are now on the highest alert. And we are facing an existential threat. Now, I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid because I know that He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Not surprising if it’s true. 
All of the governments secretly collude with one another to gain power, wealth, control, etc. It’s been that way for centuries.  

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Watching and waiting as the world reacts and we see how things play out….

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/newyork/news/united-nations-israel-rally-vigil/

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Putin has something to say.

This from 2 hours ago.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/10/11/russia-reaction-putin-hamas-attack-israel-pleitgen-dnt-ebof-pleitgen-hnk-vpx.cnn

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Taliban: 'We will conquer Jerusalem'

The Taliban has requested that other Arab countries give its troops passage to join the war against Israel.https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/378085

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

"For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation." 1Pet.1:20

"You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet." Matt 24:6

"Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape." 1Thess.5:3

"And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished." Rev.17:16-17

"Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time" Matt.24:45

6 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Reveal hidden contents

Like I said: can this conflict become another push between KOTN and KOTS?

amazing unfold

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Taliban: 'We will conquer Jerusalem'

The Taliban has requested that other Arab countries give its troops passage to join the war against Israel.https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/378085

I think the Israel conflict may be sorted out in Jerusalem before P&S cry

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Satan is playing all of them, isn‘t he? One American reporter asked someone in a responsible position in Israel, how, despite their military capabilities (equal to the US) and highly advanced security intelligence, was it possible that Hamas (a labeled terrorist, militant group) could have been able to launch such an attack? There are activists, fanatics, traitors on both sides. It‘s like rinse, repeat cycle again and again reminiscing the Russian/Ukraine war.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

In the big cities and probably elsewhere, people sing  with one voice the national anthem, Atikva, Hope in hebrew. I believe that they are the most nationalist people in the world, undoubtedly because of their history and not only in the 20th century. Pogroms do not date from today. While listening, there was another song running through my head, infinitely more beautiful than Atikva: Peace at last. In hebrew, the song is overwhelming.

Like an island of calm

In dark stormy seas,

God’s people are living in peace.

With our eyes of faith,

We see beyond the clouds

And know that the storm soon will cease.

(CHORUS)

To the ends of the earth,

There’ll be peace at last

For all eternity.

From the valleys below

To the mountaintops,

All creation will see

Peace at last.

2.When the new world is here,

All will be one

On earth and in heaven above.

And the peace we’ll know

We’ve never known before—

A world ruled by justice and love.

(CHORUS)

2 hours ago, Sebastian said:

The branch has given us clear direction regarding in person meetings, service and safety

What a contrast Jehovah's organization is in comparison to the world. Stay safe. Many prayers for you and all of our brothers there. ❤️

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

I keep hearing the same phrase "I've never seen this level of brutality"

Even long serving military people are stunned at the magnitude of what's happening. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The word Hamas have another meaning in arabic according to Wikipedia 

”This acronym, HMS, was later glossed in the Hamas Covenant by the Arabic word ḥamās (حماس) which itself means "zeal", "strength", or "bravery".

Interesting that it means so different things since they are both semitic languages. 

27 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Report: Hamas calls for global Jihad, invasion of Israel, attack Jews worldwide on Oct. 13

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/10/report-hamas-calls-for-global-jihad-invasion-of-israel-attack-jews-worldwide-on-oct-13/

coming to the neighborhood near you!

That´s not good! On top of that it´s a friday, considered by many as a bad luck day. 

Founded around 1118 as a monastic military order devoted to the protection of pilgrims traveling to the Holy Land following the Christian capture of Jerusalem during the First Crusade, the Knights Templar quickly became one of the richest and most influential groups of the Middle Ages, thanks to lavish donations from the crowned heads of Europe, eager to curry favor with the fierce Knights. By the turn of the 14th century, the Templars had established a system of castles, churches and banks throughout Western Europe. And it was this astonishing wealth that would lead to their downfall.

For the Templars, that end began in the early morning hours of Friday, October 13, 1307.