JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

War in the Middle East

3 hours ago, BLEmom said:

I’ve never heard of those channels. Not saying they aren’t right, I’m just not familiar with them as info sources. 
I use mainstream news from different parts of the world. CBS,NBC,BBC, DW News,CHANNEL 4 (UK),  Al Jazeera English…

You listen to all the main stream media, they have been known to lie and be biased. I suggest you look at other sources also and compare.

50 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

You listen to all the main stream media, they have been known to lie and be biased. I suggest you look at other sources also and compare.

O isn’t that the truth. I’m simply waiting to get a News Alert (if/when) from the GB to learn about any friends in that area. Then we’ll KNOW it’s the truth. MSNBC, CBS, etc 🤢🤮

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Gaza Strip residents panic as 1.1 million told to evacuate by Israeli military (yahoo.com)

The latest

• The Israeli military ordered more than 1 million Palestinians living in northern Gaza to evacuate on Friday to southern Gaza within the next 24 hours, a task the United Nations called "impossible" without "devastating humanitarian consequences."

• The death toll nearly a week into the conflict continues to rise. At least 1,900 Palestinians have been killed in the Gaza, including 614 children, the Palestinian health ministry said Friday. Israel officials say at least 1,300 Israelis are dead. Thousands of others have been injured.

• At least 27 U.S. citizens are among those killed. Another 14 Americans remain missing.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

11 hours ago, BLEmom said:

I’ve never heard of those channels. Not saying they aren’t right, I’m just not familiar with them as info sources. 
I use mainstream news from different parts of the world. CBS,NBC,BBC, DW News,CHANNEL 4 (UK),  Al Jazeera English…

The reason why I listen to them is that they are an Indian station and they very unbiased when it comes to the West.  I've seen them call out "western hypocrisy" and it really is based on facts.  They are very pro Indian, so I stay away from them when it comes to reporting on Asian news.  But, they will blast or praise the west based on actions they perform and I can't find any bias or propaganda in their statements.  It's all reserved for when they talk about themselves.

For some time now I have been reading about Islamic teachings in a 1953 WTIt has been a very slow and intermittent reading over a few weeks. 

This morning  I went back to the tab to read a bit more, and as I read down the page, I came to a sub-heading about Jihads. 

In view of what is happening currently it is an interesting read about the history of Jihads and relatively on-topic here. The whole article is 4 pages long but the info about the Jihads is towards the end on page 655.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1953803

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Jesus said "My kingdom is not part of this world" and that there "will be wars and reports of wars, do not be alarmed".

Satan the original manslayer wants us to be "alarmed"...

We read of wars and battles as if they are ancient history until they come into our own life, in person, on our monitors and television.

We can become hardened or alarmed, or the third alternative do as Jesus said " All authority has been given me in heaven and on earth. Go and be alarmed? No..... go and offer the only solution, Gods Kingdom ...preach and teach ... until the conclusion of the system of things...."I am with you"

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

The cruelty and violence of war is definitely getting worse. What is happening in Israel is worse than what is happening in Ukraine.

People who were trying to obey Israel telling them to leave and trying to get away, being killed as they try to escape. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67108364

The only comfort is the resurrection hope because what is going on in the Middle East is horrendous and sickening. These people have lost all their humanity. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I may be wrong... But if Im right, BOY this is simply the most insane, demoniac, evil plan ever conceived!

Imagine that Russia to legitimate the attack on Ukraine suported Hamas to perform this terrorist attack.

This attack would by all means provoke Israel so much that obviously the response would be a full invasion of the Gaza strip, killing and destroying every thing and everyone.

Claims: "National Security", "demilitarization", 

If Israel does it and its not condemn, then Russia will claim "we are condemn for the same reasons. Why wont  Israel?"

Following...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I may be wrong... But if Im right, BOY this is simply the most insane, demoniac, evil plan ever conceived!

Imagine that Russia to legitimate the attack on Ukraine suported Hamas to perform this terrorist attack.

This attack would by all means provoke Israel so much that obviously the response would be a full invasion of the Gaza strip, killing and destroying every thing and everyone.

Claims: "National Security", "demilitarization", 

If Israel does it and its not condemn, then Russia will claim "we are condemn for the same reasons. Why wont  Israel?"

Following...

Do not be shock about this. 1 John 5:19

18 hours ago, futurepromise said:

Friendly reminder posted at the beginning of the forum:  "News Topics should contain more than just links. Explain why you want to discuss the news piece, or why you felt it was worth sharing with your brothers and sisters."

Russia indeed on an Arabic side on this conflict.

If this war will proceed longer - USA should choose between help Ukraine and Izrael and the second will be prioritize. USA resources are not endless and definitely weapon help of Ukraine peak is passed now.

China could also take advantage of the situation and begin occupation in Taiwan. I won't be surprised - KON and KOS proceed their confrontation...

Not unless you’ve seen something we haven’t? Everyone seems to be ignoring the UN

Now Iran is openly saying they are ready to get involved.  https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/irans-foreign-minister-warns-israel-beirut-suffer-huge-103977573

Edited by BLEmom

Additional

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

46 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is the UN growing teeth yet? :whistling:

I wish!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

54 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is the UN growing teeth yet?

Just like a baby, you know when they are teething. The world is teething right now, it's just a matter of the UN revealing that first tooth. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Is the UN growing teeth yet? :whistling:

I think it’s at weakest point ever. Nobody takes those “condemnations” seriously. Security council is in disarray. 
But all these can change in a minute. In 24 hours so to speak, we could be living in a different world 🌎, this is how fast the scene of this world is changing. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)