JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

War in the Middle East

I have not been watching the news today. I was surprised to read about "France deploying 7,000 soldiers to boost security after deadly school attack".

Quoting part of the story it stated "

"France will mobilise up to 7,000 soldiers to boost security around the country after a teacher was stabbed to death in an Islamist attack.

Emmanuel Macron increased the national threat alert on Friday after the attack at a school in the northern city of Arras, which came amid global tensions over the Israel-Hamas war."

Source: France deploying 7,000 soldiers to boost security after deadly school attack (msn.com)

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Is the UN growing teeth yet? :whistling:

Well, we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and I suspect it is a lot more than the tiny tidbits we get fed - which is about what they are doing (not a lot) rather than what they intend doing - (hopefully a lot more and soon). 

Revelation 17:17 says that it is God's thought but also their one thought to give their kingdom to the wild beast until God's word has been accomplished - the destruction of BtG -  so the way I read it is that they desire to destroy the harlot but they don't do it till Jehovah puts his thought into their heart to do so. We know it will succeed because Jehovah is in charge of it, but in the meantime they could be having discussions about doing it, and how to go about it, right now.

It is just thoughts and maybe discussions at the moment, just not in their heart because it is not Jehovah's time yet. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

11 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Well, we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and I suspect it is a lot more than the tiny tidbits we get fed - which is about what they are doing (not a lot) rather than what they intend doing - (hopefully a lot more and soon). 

Revelation 17:17 says that it is God's thought but also their one thought to give their kingdom to the wild beast until God's word has been accomplished - the destruction of BtG -  so the way I read it is that they desire to destroy the harlot but they don't do it till Jehovah puts his thought into their heart to do so. We know it will succeed because Jehovah is in charge of it, but in the meantime they could be having discussions about doing it, and how to go about it, right now.

It is just thoughts and maybe discussions at the moment, just not in their heart because it is not Jehovah's time yet. 

I am really hoping to see the UN start growing some teeth soon, it would mean that scripture is one step closer.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

Well, we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and I suspect it is a lot more than the tiny tidbits we get fed - 

I read that an Iran official has relayed a message to Israel via the UN Envoy for Middle East Affairs, to advise that if Israel goes forward with a ground 'attack' in Gaza then Iran will have no option but to get involved.  Apparently, Iran has what they consider to be 'red lines' that cannot be crossed.

We will soon find out   .   .

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I am really hoping to see the UN start growing some teeth soon, it would mean that scripture is one step closer.

At the moment UN is a circus 🤡 and joke,  especially when it comes to double standards of some within Security Council. (Much would have to change for the teeth to grow) 

Russia has asked the United Nations' Security Council to vote on Monday on a draft resolution on the Israel-Hamas conflict that calls for a humanitarian ceasefire and condemns violence against civilians and all acts of terrorism, Reuters news agency reports.

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

I read that an Iran official has relayed a message to Israel via the UN Envoy for Middle East Affairs, to advise that if Israel goes forward with a ground 'attack' in Gaza then Iran will have no option but to get involved.  Apparently, Iran has what they consider to be 'red lines' that cannot be crossed.

We will soon find out   .   .

Here is the link for the story https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-east/iran-warns-of-far-reaching-consequences-if-israel-not-stopped-20231015-p5eccj.html

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

At the moment UN is a circus 🤡 and joke,  especially when it comes to double standards of some within Security Council. (Much would have to change for the teeth to grow) 

I agree. I know things can happen quickly but I am really hoping to see the beast grow some teeth and flex a little muscle soon.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Russia has asked the United Nations' Security Council to vote on Monday on a draft resolution on the Israel-Hamas conflict that calls for a humanitarian ceasefire and condemns violence against civilians and all acts of terrorism, Reuters news agency reports.

Trouble is that's all they do. Blah, blah, blah. No actual action. 

Like @Tortuga says, some teeth would be nice but sometimes one wonders if they've even started teething yet, never mind the teeth being able to bite! 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I agree. I know things can happen quickly but I am really hoping to see the beast grow some teeth and flex a little muscle soon.

The wars in Ukraine and Israel confirmed, and exposed the weakness of UN. 

What next?

“The ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought.” Yes, Jehovah will motivate the nations to use the scarlet-colored wild beast, that is, the United Nations, to turn on the world empire of false religion and completely destroy it.—Rev. 18:21-24.

Perhaps (Rev 18:21-24) is the only situation where we are going to see UN in full power? (no progressive  growing teeth, but rather sudden change of stance and power) 

Looks like "decision" to destroy false religion will be taken at one of those UN meetings...but instead of "condemnation" there will be decisive powerful action where nations will commit their militaries to coordinate the attack. 

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Wait for next month, say mid/end november, first the broadcasting, then the GT :D 

Are you prophetizing, brother @Dages ?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Latest from Drink Offering Tours is that everyone and everything is back on zoom (meeting, preaching, just like covid times), and so far all brothers and sisters are safe., sheltering in place. 👍

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyaYE3ztktr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

IMG_1897.thumb.png.459bcd7fff9a498aab644c14d781f4ab.png

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Trouble is that's all they do. Blah, blah, blah. No actual action. 

Like @Tortuga says, some teeth would be nice but sometimes one wonders if they've even started teething yet, never mind the teeth being able to bite! 

I know things can change quickly but at this point it doesn't seem likely that any of the world powers would rely on the UN to do anything, especially destroy BtG. It seems reasonable to expect the UN to start growing some teeth, flex some muscle and become a useful tool that the world powers are willing to use. Looking at the UN response to the current wars, it seems it would take years before the world powers would feel that the UN is powerful enough to do anything. The beast is still a kitten...

The last paragraph of the WT lesson for this week said concerning Bible prophecies of Daniel "these prophecies can also strengthen our courage and our loyalty so that we are prepared to face the tests that are just ahead.

Interestingly, a synonym for "just ahead" is - "Just a few steps away." 

After the meeting and several announcements today, the brother told us to hang on to Jehovah's chariot. ^_^

Makes me wonder if the governments behind the scenes aren't going faster than we realize.

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

1 minute ago, cricket246 said:

The last paragraph of the WT lesson for this week said concerning Bible prophecies of Daniel "these prophecies can also strengthen our courage and our loyalty so that we are prepared to face the tests that are just ahead.

Interestingly, a synonym for "just ahead" is - "Just a few steps away." 

After the meeting and several announcements today, the brother told us to hang on to Jehovah's chariot. ^_^

Did you peek ahead to next week? It's super!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I know things can change quickly but at this point it doesn't seem likely that any of the world powers would rely on the UN to do anything

This brings to my mind...

Mt. 24:44 ~ "On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it".

So..good to keep on the watch!:D

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Amidst all the worldwide protests, it’s interesting that many religions are being called on and faith is all about this war. There is an indistinct, loud cry around the world that all Jews, Christians, and Muslims pray to God/Allah to either attack the other side, or stop the war. It won’t be long before BtG gets targeted. It’s like watching the pagans crying out to their gods throughout the scriptures.

Hang on and stay safe, friends!

Edited by Amygdala

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11