JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Rapture is coming on April 23rd"

2 hours ago, Jwanon said:

Even funnier when you see that was from 2018

Revelation 12:1–2 describes the beginning of what is known as the Rapture and the second coming of Christ.

The passage reads: “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.”

In the passage, the woman is represented as Virgo.

Yeah, God used pagan astroligical info to explain the timing  :nope:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have always been amazed at what some people can believe.

Back in 1980, I was telling co-workers about satellite TV.  One lab tech asked, "Why don't you build a tractor beam like on Star Trek and pull them satellites down?"  Later, one Witness person told me he was laughing at me behind my back.  He didn't believe you could aim an antenna at a satellite orbiting the Earth even though he had a high school education and considered himself highly intelligent.  The person who suggested using the tractor beam was a lab tech with a chemistry degree from the University of Alabama.  Most of them kept very quiet when people where we worked started buying the large (10 feet diameter) dishes.  The smaller dishes started transmitting signals shortly afterward.  (The large satellite dishes are now named BUD, an acronym for Big Ugle Dish)

10 hours ago, Doug said:

Yeah  .   . It don't work that way.    .   :taz:

Modern Christendom in a nutshell.

22 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

I have always been amazed at what some people can believe.

I heard an interview with Jim Lovell's kid. While Lovell was up on Apollo 13, fighting for his life, his teen son was taken aside by his science teacher, who said: "Don't worry. The moon missions are all fake. Your dad isn't in any danger."

11 minutes ago, Dages said:

And we weren't even dogmatic about it.

Not dogmatic at all.  But very courageous to announce it years in advance.   Back in the 1890's, such things were not done.  It was a more thoughtful and gentle society.  That's how I imagine it, anyway.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:55 AM, Thomas Walker said:

From this week.

K1wNCdC.png

Ugh this is the kind of thing that makes atheists feel justified in thinking Christians are stupid and gullible, and that Christian generosity is insincere and reward motivated. 

Edited by Katty

2 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Me thinks you weren't invited...

Mmmm...I'm not alone...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/24/2024 at 5:32 PM, Lee49 said:

A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car's sunroof during an incident best described as "a mistaken rapture" by dozens of eyewitnesses.     

I think that has been around since 2001 and appears to be false...

Did a Woman Die Mistaking an Odd Roadside Scene for the Rapture? | Snopes.com

"This inventive work of fiction was penned and released onto the Internet on 2 August 2001. It was written by Elroy Willis, proprietor of Religion in the News, a site that warns visitors what they're in for: "Some of these stories are really true. See if you can figure out which ones they are."