JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fancy a burger?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4083 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have become more and more of a vegetarian over the years. Even at that, I try to find organic vegetables. My wife has a green thumb and plants a garden every year. My grandson and I savor raspberries fresh from the bush with a little bit of raw sugar sprinkled on the top.

-Dave

Animal blood plamsa used as a binding agent. Thats interesting.

I only eat home-made burgers, at least I know what is in it, and they taste better!

I just had a great tasting bison burger. Deb. buys our beef from a particular butcher we know :yes: No horse meat there - just buffalo. Although, I bet horses taste good too. I know chicken does.

Dang - every time you guys post one of these burger threads I get hungry for one. I'll post a pic of me and mine today :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The same UK tests revealed an amount of pig DNA in these 'beef' burgers as well. This has caused concern among UK's large Moslem and smaller Jewish population who worried that they had been unwittingly eating pig against their religious laws.

UK used to eat horse meat as much as they do in the rest of Europe until the Great War. Millions of horses were then requisitioned for the War and few returned. Horses became scarce and only kept as companion/riding/hunt animals and with the rise of the car and tractor, less were seen or needed on farms or in towns. However, with the protection of native equine species allowed to roam free in National Forests, they have been breeding and the numbers growing, so they, like deer, have to be culled every so often. Tens of thousands of these and horses from riding/racing stables who have finished their 'useful' lives are sent to France to be slaughtered for meat. Folks in UK did not know they were eating horse, but many Europeans count horse-meat like beef and don't know what all the fuss is about.

It's not harmful eating horse-meat for as long as the animal hasn't had all the medication your average 'pet' horse has and they are vegetarian animals, so lower on the food chain and not carrying any 'nasties' in the way of disease organisms that raw prey eating/carnivore animals eat - hence the fact we don't eat many prey/carnivores in the West, which was not allowed for the Israelites either. However, the Israelites did not eat horse-meat as they weren't allowed to keep horses so as not to become reliant on them in time of war. The wars Jehovah wanted them to fight were mainly guerrilla/mountain warfare to keep their borders stable, unsuitable for horses and why should horses die in human fights!

One of our brothers stopped into MacDonalds last week. He was wearing his lapel badge for the convention.

While he was eating his burger one observant women took note of his lapel badge and remarked on the irony

saying "If you really want to Safeguard your Heart" you probably shouldn't eat food like that.

All he could do was laugh and thank her for her good advice.

5 servings of chocolate a week is not a balanced diet of vegetables. Should be 5 servings a Day! :upsidedown:

For those that don't know - chocolate comes from a plant, vegatables are plants, thus chocolate is a vegatable.

Pass the dark brown vegatables please >:D<

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

5 servings of chocolate a week is not a balanced diet of vegetables. Should be 5 servings a Day! :upsidedown:

For those that don't know - chocolate comes from a plant, vegatables are plants, thus chocolate is a vegatable.

5 servers a day :eek: I am falling behind. I am going to have to catch up. Well at least the lettuce, pickle and tomato count. :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

For me one serving is one pound. As much as I like my chocolate vegatable, it is really hard to cram down more than five pounds a week. It tends to grow on you.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

For me one serving is one pound. As much as I like my chocolate vegatable, it is really hard to cram down more than five pounds a week. It tends to grow on you.

Haha I see what you did there! So true...

On my burgers I like to have some bulbs, fungus, fruit and leaves with tubers on the side that have been boiled-in-oil.

Now I'm hungry ... think I'll go have a soft pretzel ... or maybe some "baked eggs"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The Internet has been buzzing with comments/real groaners about the unintentional horse-meat 'beef'burgers in our Tesco Supermarkets:

What do you call a burnt Tesco Burger? Black Beauty.

There's been horse-meat in Tesco burgers for donkeys years!

"Horse-meat in Tesco burgers - anunbridled disaster."

"Select burgers from Tesco's website and then "Add to Cart!"

Tesco burgers are nice but some prefer my Lidl Pony.

"Traces of Zebra found in Tesco barcodes"

"You bought Tesco burgers - now you're saddled with them"

Doctor told me to watch what I eat so I bought 2 tickets for The Grand National (Race Meeting).

"Got a toothpick? Ate a burger and there's still a bit between my teeth."

My daughter has been nagging me for a pony, so I've bought her a Tesco quarterpounder."

He was taken to hospital after eating the burger. They say his condition is stable.

In favour of horse-meat in your burgers? Say Yay or Neigh.

Tesco burgers, at 29% horse-meat - it's not the mane ingredient.

They found it was horse-meat when they did DN Neigh testing.

They asked him what he wanted on his burger and he said: "£5 each way!"

I want my burger with side-saddle and neighonaise.

That's enough for now because if you're reading these aloud you will be a little bit horse!

Helen,

When I first started reading those I rared back to laugh then decided to bridle my enthusiasm since no one else knew what I was reading.

Anyway, before I get the cart before the horse, I think I will go make a burger.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~