JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - February 2015

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3344 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"I'm just a cart, made out of bits and pieces" :D

--

But so, so wonderful to get to watch as spiritually refreshing on a regular, in such a huge contrast with most of the stuff/"entertainment" found on Netflix, HBO and alike.

Great to see, too, how the GB members are not shying away from using helpers to the various committees. Completely in line with the Watchtower study articles to follow on training brothers to reach out and in turn take care of the worldwide congregation. So instead of thinking that "let me personally have all the screen time I just can" brothers Splane, and now Herd, are willing to give "more broadcast time" for helpers/other qualified brothers. But since they're eventually going to direct things from a different perspective, makes perfect sense :yes:

--

I just wish there was a simple way of obtaining the transcripts (with or without timestamps) for the broadcasts. Friends in my parents' congregation have been wishing that someone could translate some of the stuff into Finnish. I'd love to help out but first writing all the lines in English for each hour-long program AND then translating the lot is a bit too cumbersome, I'm afraid :(

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

There's an video clip of a older sister with a Caleb and Sophia square pin there (while going out in service) !

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I just wish there was a simple way of obtaining the transcripts (with or without timestamps) for the broadcasts. Friends in my parents' congregation have been wishing that someone could translate some of the stuff into Finnish. I'd love to help out but first writing all the lines in English for each hour-long program AND then translating the lot is a bit too cumbersome, I'm afraid :(

Judging by the way the you express yourself on English it's clear that you know English well. I'll tell you how I made the transcript for some videos. I open the video in GOM player and then there's and option by pressing 'x' to make a slow motion video. It goes down for 0.1s for each time you press x. Then, if you can type fast, follow along the slow-motion. You'll be done in no-time. The side effect is that you will live in a slo-mo audio reality for a while... But it's worth it :-P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well now that I can see again (tears tend to get in the way) I am thinking I might skip these broadcasts in future.... Too emotional... Not a chance. I absolutely LOVE seeing people really show their feelings for Jehovah and not the stupid stiff upper lip nonsense of the British.

Great words, Mike!  :lol1::thumbsup:    :lol2::ok:    :D  > :D<      :laugh:  :lol1:

I too love seeing people really show their feelings for Jehovah. But...  I think we all must improve on that!

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Did I see quite a few wearing the jw.org pins???  Even someone in the ministry with a Caleb & Sophia one?  :thumbsup:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

wow. another excellent program. emotional too,

they keep getting better & better

love the 'Unity' theme throughout.

and br Splane calling out the 'Catholic Church' & Vatican',

not 'Babylon' or 'Christendom' or 'false religion'.

the Slave speaks boldly

also was neat seeing br Morris in d2d :D

was the sister with him his wife? the one wearing the Caleb & Sophia pin

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

can someone enlarge her badge to see the name?

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Awesome program!!!!! Every month it gets better and better. We loved the Navajo experience, it was a carry over from last month. So bizarre to think we have a whole other country in the middle of the one we live in. We sometimes forget that. Also, so cool to see people we actually know being interviewed. They were helping out in the construction work for the international convention held in New Jersey.

Watched the Caleb video ten times, at the direction of the six year old. We will see if he learned anything from it tonight at the meeting, besides "game over"!

Anyone with the links for the different size file downloads? Would appreciate. Thanks!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25