JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

James Bond and the tight pants

The first scene was a close up on Daniel Craig in his tailored almost skin tight suit. Please don't take me wrong, He is in excellent shape and it does not look bad on him. It is not for everyone though. Then he is walking and I am thinking unless the fabric has an extremely high percentage of spandex blended into the wool it will rip. It is impossible to run in his pace on those tight pants. Guess what? When he starts running is not that tight . He clearly changed his pants. I would have never paid attention if AMIII hadn't mentioned last year. Lol

It sounds like the talk was about modesty and soundness of mind because what he says was always taken back to that verse.

Now, I did not know that tight pants were designed by homosexual or what was he trying to say? Did I understand that correctly?

For some reason, I have not really noticed then on men though. I know that women wear skinny jeans but men? Or I live in a more traditional area.

Thank you for the link.

How do one find such a specific portion of a talk like that brother Eric? Thumbs up! And thank you again!

I could not find any statistics stating as a fact that "tight pants were specifically designed by homosexuals"or that "designers want to see brother in tight pants". My guess it that it was AMIII opinion on the subject.  If asked, I don't think  he can back that up with secular sources. 

I don't think he meant it was designed for the brothers exclusively. Rather for men.

One way or another, funny how I tried to find info on it in Google (who designed it or some history about it) and instead it is that talk audio that I find used by anti-jw and pictures of the brothers. 

If you watch any programs about/involving male clothing designers it appears very obviously that most of them are homosexual. Since AMIII is in NY and NY is one of the key places in the world that "fashion" is born, it does not take rocket science  to make the conclusion that the vast majority of clothes are designed by male homosexuals.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Actually he said that "homosexuals like to see you in tight pants" I still don't know where this idea came from. It is not in the scriptures and the way homosexuality is accepted and encouraged, it is my opinion that the tribe does not need more adepts of the life style. They have more than enough willing participants. Anyway since i am not a young fella, it is not my business.

There's a young brother who has just came back from the world. He wears a skinny suit and it's not attractive. It feels like the thing is smacking you saying 'here look at me'. And isn't that what homosexuals want, attention? I completely agree with where this fashion style comes from.

Please reason with me, as said above, why would any man choose to wear a suit that's even more encumbering and restrictive than regular suits. Why would anyone wear something that needs you to walk or sit different cause it's too tight. Pffft, not a choice most men would make, unless they're looking for attention. 

I don't appreciate any man in a skinny suit, the form fitting aspect is, from a christian woman's point of view, repulsive to me. A man in a well tailored suit is amazingly attractive and dignified. Just MHO. Like Russo, I'm not young anymore but I still have self respect and wish to respect my brothers. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Sister Cheryl

A word of love.

According to your comment, the brother is young and just came back from the world. Only he knows what changes and efforts he had to made in order to return to our midst. Let's embrace him with his tight suit for now and not discriminate him in any fashion. Once he acquires more knowledge, he will realize that he might need a change in his wardrobe. He will, like any human being try to fit in if his return is for real and we should assume it is. 

All young people need to adjust their thinking in a way or another. It is part of growing up. We have to give them time and be patient. And above all, understand  that it will happen over and over again while we live in this system.

Not related to your comment, I would like to add that the concept of what is immodest has a certain amount of cultural influence.

I come from south America, grew up in the truth, have relatives that live in Europe and have lived in US for 15 years. It is my opinion that Americans are more conservative in the way they dress and more concerned and vigilant regarding this subject  than south Americans and Europeans.

We are a product of our environment.

I will give you one example about how the environment influences our concept of modesty.

I am from Rio and grew up going to Copacabana beach during summer and the rest of the year. Brazil is a tropical country. We all wear bikinis. I mean that there are 65 year old sisters married to elders that wear bikinis.

If you go the beach you will realize that our bikinis are bigger than the average. We are visibly different. Our bikinis cover our behinds while most of the worldly women wear thongs.

I  moved to US and started going to the beach in NJ. I chose a family beach full of mothers and kids. Guess what? My bikini was smaller than the average mother. I was different and not in a good sense. I started buying bikinis "made in US". Now when I go to Rio, I am way  different and everybody knows I am not from there (not because of my skin color). I go the beach with brothers and sisters and sometimes there are people that I don't know. The first question: Where are you from? Well I am from here. I have just assimilated the American culture regarding my beach outfit. LOL

The example above is just one. :)

The first scene was a close up on Daniel Craig in his tailored almost skin tight suit. Please don't take me wrong, He is in excellent shape and it does not look bad on him. It is not for everyone though. Then he is walking and I am thinking unless the fabric has an extremely high percentage of spandex blended into the wool it will rip. It is impossible to run in his pace on those tight pants. Guess what? When he starts running is not that tight . He clearly changed his pants. I would have never paid attention if AMIII hadn't mentioned last year. Lol

Yes, I noticed the extremely tight pants, and even the coat was tight... but my question was: "Who wears a tuxedo to dinner on a train?" and "Where did he get the white tux?"

I don't recall the details of what the talk's theme was. It must have been something about worldly stuff. But for anybody who's interested, the mention of spanx by Brother Morris can be heard here. (Although he probably meant spandex.)

He gave this talk in Italy too

I could not find any statistics stating as a fact that "tight pants were specifically designed by homosexuals"or that "designers want to see brother in tight pants". My guess it that it was AMIII opinion on the subject.  If asked, I don't think  he can back that up with secular sources. 

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102001084

Edited by timpin

Brother John

I did not like as much as I liked Skyfall. It is still a James Bond movie direct by Sam Mendes with Daniel Craig. However I think that skyfall had more substance and was more dense. Also the villain was unforgettable and a Oscar winner: Javier Bardem

It ties the other 3 movies together. If I tell you more I will spoil for you.

Brother John

I did not like as much as I liked Skyfall. It is still a James Bond movie direct by Sam Mendes with Daniel Craig. However I think that skyfall had more substance and was more dense. Also the villain was unforgettable and a Oscar winner: Javier Bardem

It ties the other 3 movies together. If I tell you more I will spoil for you.

Thank ya!  :)

Of the Craig 007 movies so far I think Quantum of Solace has been the weakest, at least for me.  Might try and see Spectre this wknd, now that the crowds have died down.