JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

1 minute ago, Dove said:

aluminum ladder leaning

Never had lightening strike my ladders, but years ago a Downy Woodpecker loved tap, tap, ratta tap on them. Good thing it wasn't the local Pileated Woodpecker - those ones are huge - about 22 inches high - yup its true.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

• 3 weeks later...

Right now we are under a severe thunderstorm warning. Just got home a few minutes ago from my "mom's" about 17 miles away. It was dry all the way but the sky was black. 

Carried my little dog out the back door of the garage & it just started sprinkling. Now it's coming down in buckets.

IMG_0391.JPG

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

The storm just missed us to the north.

Got a lot of thunder-booming, though.

If the temps have been in the 80's mid-June,

I dread what they will be like in our hot months--July and August.:huh:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

If the rain we've been getting practically every day/night were snow we'd be buried. 

Very hard to do service when there's no overhang at the house we go to. 

I am sooooo tired :snoring:of this.

Can't get the lawn mowed. Takes all day to dry just to rain at night. 

The blue pin is where I live the second red one is where Ross lives. 

IMG_0411.JPG

Edited by Loopy

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, looks like we just might make it for a second round of rain, thunder & lightning tonight. I'm not in a storm watch like those west of me but yikes...look at the lightning strikes to the south & west of us.

My location is where the blue pin is and Ross is the second red pin south of my location.

About ready to put Sophie's thunder shirt on as lightning strikes are only 23 miles away. 

IMG_0432.JPG

We got Kaboomed on like crazy.

We also had some really funky skies.

IMG_20170706_224658.thumb.jpg.32046ec648fe57baf7d0e19fff5f3cf7.jpg

That white stripe in the field is our first 100

wrapped round bales.  Only 400 more to go.

We also plan to bale 2000 or so small squares...if it ever stops storming.:unsure:

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It's been in the triple digits lately here in North Texas  :blink:

IMG_0005.JPG

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

51 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

It's been in the triple digits lately here in North Texas  :blink:

IMG_0005.JPG

Yikes! We've finally got summer here in Michigan the past couple days. Even yesterday altho the wind was from the north (off Lakes Superior it was HOT. Well, high 70's anyway. But it Islas The humidity that got me. 

Today, it is quite cooler and cloudy....But I can breathe.

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

Yikes! We've finally got summer here in Michigan the past couple days. Even yesterday altho the wind was from the north (off Lakes Superior it was HOT. Well, high 70's anyway. But it Islas The humidity that got me. 

Today, it is quite cooler and cloudy....But I can breathe.

I wish all we had were the high 70s in summer! I texted that picture to my mom who is in California and she responded with a picture of her at the beach with some sisters and another picture of the forecast, showing that it is 78 degrees over there to rub it in lol. One thing about living in North Texas is that you never get used to the heat here. It's ridiculous! The humidity is out of this world. You often see brothers drenched is sweat out in field service and many of us carry small hand towels to wipe our face before we knock on a door. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Just took this picture of the weather forecast showing the heat index. It's burning up over here. 

IMG_0049.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Had quite the thunder storm today for a few hours, started in the morning. I didn't sleep the night before so I was woke up by the intense sound of rain surrounding the whole building along with thunder roughly around 10-11am, I fell asleep and again it woke me a couple of hours later. 

I made sure to go around the house taking all the plugs out the walls, even though I was half asleep, then I ended up in bed again, could not keep awake at all. Pity though, we rarely get storms and I love them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to survive till Sunday

12C The chance of light snowfalls about the peaks of the Dandenong Ranges (near where I live) gusty winds ,rain, hail, thunderstorms.. miserable.

Movie nights if electricity available LOL :whistling:

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

It has been raining in my area since the end of July and into August, skipping 2 or 3 days, then again without warning, another storm popped up and hail with it.  The rain is really getting to me, since the humidity is very high and it's a big OUCH for my joints!  Streets here flood, rivers, streams and so forth.  And of course, the "mental cases" who are asked by the police and other safety agencies, please do not drive through water under bridges or low lying areas due to water raising above 12 inches or more.   The police do not want to risk their lives savings people who dare or do what they are told not to do in the first place.   But there is always ONE, who has to do it.   But in the end, he or she will get a ticket.  Usually they are the ones with the big trucks like a F250 Ford or one of those "Duke of Hazard" (cars) and a couple of trucks.  The SUV's are family members who think they can take a short cut and no, the water won't reach inside their doors.  Yeah right!  

8 minutes ago, Loopy said:

It was such a cold night here in the U P, my house was cold this morning...50 F. 

I have never turned on my furnace in August....till this morning. 

Brrrrrr.

It was a bit nippy this a.m., wasn't it. 59a05b14587f3_Wintershivercicles.gif.112ba83327e61b2636a5a3f371f84ea8.gif 59a05b1e39eb2_Winkwink.gif.1a8eebd3e5c3eb6eed56d42521679dc0.gif

Glad to see you back postin' with us, Pard'. hughug.gif.7e65dd913f8b47bf07ce65b15eacf023.gifHighfives.gif.9f4ef90c4fe90d99b899690192b999fb.gif

In the low 50's here last night also. We have some awesome work outside days the last few days. Low humidity and highs in the low 70's.. perfect service weather.
I'm praying for everyone in Texas that they head the wise warnings. I'm also keeping my brothers and sisters close in my heart.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...