JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

This is our weather today. Yikes! 

IMG_0486.JPG

It was AWFUL over here, in Trenary!!!

Raining so hard, the wipers couldn't keep up and you couldn't see to drive.

Lightning so much and hitting so close, it was nerve wracking.

Trees down, roads turned to rivers.

Just AWFUL!!!

I watch a lot of storm chasing videos on Youtube (Pecos Hank)

As I was driving into town, the sky was SCREAMING 'tornado'.

The straight line running from horizon to horizon with solid black on one side

and solid white on the other, (warm and cold fronts colliding) 

the wall cloud, the 'inflo' winds (winds traveling into

the storm winds, which are coming from the opposite direction)

It was incredibly scary.:unsure:

I'm wondering if these upper 80 degree days and severe storms are a remant of

Hurricane Irma.  :wacko:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It was AWFUL over here, in Trenary!!!
Raining so hard, the wipers couldn't keep up and you couldn't see to drive.
Lightning so much and hitting so close, it was nerve wracking.
Trees down, roads turned to rivers.
Just AWFUL!!!

I watch a lot of storm chasing videos on Youtube (Pecos Hank)
As I was driving into town, the sky was SCREAMING 'tornado'.
The straight line running from horizon to horizon with solid black on one side
and solid white on the other, (warm and cold fronts colliding) 
the wall cloud, the 'inflo' winds (winds traveling into
the storm winds, which are coming from the opposite direction)
It was incredibly scary.:unsure:

I'm wondering if these upper 80 degree days and severe storms are a remant of
Hurricane Irma.  :wacko:
Not from Irma. It's almost October in the U.P. there is supposed to be snow. What!!
Did u lose power? We we're 90° and humid here by Ann Arbor, Michigan...
Glad your safe.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I'm on a birders list, here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, USA.

Another bird has been sighted that just shouldn't be here.

A female Magnificent Frigate bird:

MAFR_fem.jpg

We are up near the Canadian border, and here is this bird's NORMAL range:

This species is distributed on the Pacific and Atalantic coasts of America, from California (USA) to Ecuador (including the Galapagos), and from Florida to south Brazil. One relict population breeds at Cape Verde off the coast of Africa. Outside the breeding season it is largely sedentary, with the dispersal of immature and non-breeding individuals.

http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/22697724/0

This is the third year in a row that tropical birds have been found in such

an untropical place as the U.P.. 

Wonder if the hurricanes are driving them far out of their normal range?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On our portion of the Oregon Coast, it 86degrees outside at this moment, and still climbing. Many summers our high will be 68. No tropical birds, but the coyotes are walking slowly so as to not step on their tongues. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We reached 88F ( 31C ) yesterday, :sweat::sweat:This past week we broke records. 77F ( 25C ) today by noon then it started to drop. At 7 PM it was down to 64 F ( 18C ).

Supposed to drop to 50 F ( 10C ) tonight and 66 F ( 19C ) for high tomorrow, which is normal.:dance:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

• 3 weeks later...

Two storm fronts that uprooted big trees and dumped a lot of rain (15mm) while some suburbs had 96km winds!  We had 30C a few days ago, and expecting 30C again by the end of the week.  But right now its brrrrr deg C.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-17/storm-damage-hits-homes-in-perth-overnight/9057208

Forgot to add, and we had a blackout - candles to read by.  Storms and Perth = blackout.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

We've got a strange weather. Yesterday it was the hottest day ever in oktober. And today we got a red sun / bloodsun just like Ireland. Here are the pictures.

Pictures

The media is telling us that this happens because of the Sahara sand, hurricane Ophelia and the wild fires in Spain/Portugal.

But I'm sceptic about that explanation. Cause if it is Sahara sand in the air, then I would expect it also on my car. But it's completely clean. The media on the other hand tells that this happened before, so it's nothing special. But if I search for terms like "red sun sahara sand", the oldest results are 23 hours old (The ones from Ireland/UK). No information can be found from earlier appearances. 

Anyone seen a sun like this in combination with Sahara sand or hurricanes?

Edited by skipdaflip

56 minutes ago, skipdaflip said:

But I'm sceptic about that explanation.

???

Do you think it' a conspiracy to keep you from knowing what is really going on???

:secret:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, skipdaflip said:

Cause if it is Sahara sand in the air, then I would expect it also on my car. But it's completely clean.

Keep in mind the particles causing the red hue may be miles away from you and are trapped in the atmosphere. 

Just because you don't see sand on your car doesn't mean the explanation is wrong...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-is-the-sun-red-hurricane-ophelia-causes-rare-weather-phenomenon/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I think that we are seeing weird weather phenomena (yes things like these have happened before) BUT:

• the intensity and frequency is increasing
  • More than one thing is contributing to make these "perfect storms" scenarios (like the Caribbean hurricanes last few weeks)
  • Our seasons are not as stable or predictable as they used to be - that is noticeable here in Perth where it just doesn't rain after September, it just get warm --> blasting hot.

Our weather presenters are constantly saying things like "This is the highest/wettest etc on record".  Can't deny this weirdness in weather.

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

???

Do you think it' a conspiracy to keep you from knowing what is really going on???

:secret:

Sometimes the government lies in order to dissipate panic and come up with an explanation to something that really they have no idea about. I suspect during the tribulation they will attempt such. Not saying that's what this is, but wouldn't surprise me either. 

Edited by EccentricM

20 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

Cause if it is Sahara sand in the air, then I would expect it also on my car

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-41654436

Quote: Dr Beth Steer collected samples from her car windscreen and put them under a scanning electron microscope.

"The particles themselves contain sand grains [quartz], clays and feldspars - all of which are expected in Saharan dust."

The dust caused the shorter wavelength light (blue, violet etc) to be scattered away, leaving the longer wavelength light (red/orange) to shine through

It's a balmy 43F or 6C where I live.  I'm close to Edmonton, Alberta.  We've had brutal windstorms, with winds gusting up to 100-120 km/hr. 

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/10/17/wind-warning-issued-for-edmonton-area-central-and-southern-alberta  

It blew some train cars off their tracks, and knocked some trees down.  

A bit stormy here today. Weather warning to remain indoors if possible. There is nowhere in our territory that one is safe from falling limbs. Does make for great scenery between rain storms. This is Yaquina Head lighthouse down below us. Photo by Greg Henton.

surf.png

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

A bit stormy here today. Weather warning to remain indoors if possible. There is nowhere in our territory that one is safe from falling limbs. Does make for great scenery between rain storms. This is Yaquina Head lighthouse down below us. Photo by Greg Henton.

surf.png

Beautiful scene..do you really see that when you look out your window..?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

21 hours ago, Dove said:

Beautiful scene..do you really see that when you look out your window..?

No, you have to be on the beach for that vie. We are close, but most of the lighthouse is blocked from our direct view by trees. The beach is a bad place to be in these conditions. Another beach stroller was killed by a rogue wave this week. It happens often.