JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2008 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Ive probably put this in the wrong place but 6 bombs were sent to news and government officials 

In the US? I’m sure it happens every now and then, so why would they publish it in the media now?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

In the US? I’m sure it happens every now and then, so why would they publish it in the media now?

Yeah, the US..

I'm thinking that having 6 bombs mailed to politicians and one very rich man(Soros), all in a couple of days,  may be considered newsworthy,  especially when you factor in all the tension and fear that is so prevalent here lately.

I saw this earlier today,  the talking heads say that some of the packages may have been hand delivered to the target because none of the postage stamps had been stamped, meaning that they hadn't been processed through the postal system....

7 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Because they were sent to all the usual targets of the President's hostile rhetoric. Like someone took his hit list and tried to carry it out. Including 2 former Presidents and an entire news organization. 

The Bee

7 hours ago, Santiago2020 said:

Divert our attention...but from what?  

Since we really have no idea what is really going on with all the mixing it up between the iron and the clay (Dan. 2:41-43), or with any other governmental  leaders, there could be any number of things to divert our attention from. The killing of the journalist, the so-called caravan of people fleeing poverty and corruption in central America walking their way to the USA border - where they will likely be met with less than hospitable greeters; the Nov. 6 mid-term elections that usually greatly influences whether the President will be able to get any of their agenda promoted (however, one has to take into consideration that Jehovah is dragging these guys around like bulls with hooks in their noses so all the usual bets are off); the fire storm ignited over sexual harassment during the recent supreme Court selection - you name it - someone is trying to divert our attention from it!

The Bee

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Since we really have no idea what is really going on with all the mixing it up between the iron and the clay (Dan. 2:41-43), or with any other governmental  leaders, there could be any number of things to divert our attention from. The killing of the journalist, the so-called caravan of people fleeing poverty and corruption in central America walking their way to the USA border - where they will likely be met with less than hospitable greeters; the Nov. 6 mid-term elections that usually greatly influences whether the President will be able to get any of their agenda promoted (however, one has to take into consideration that Jehovah is dragging these guys around like bulls with hooks in their noses so all the usual bets are off); the fire storm ignited over sexual harassment during the recent supreme Court selection - you name it - someone is trying to divert our attention from it!

Very true. Bulls eye

10 packages containing what appear to be explosive materials...suspicious packages sent to top Democrats, Trump critics and CNN.... seven packages detected earlier this week.

apparent bombs,none of the apparent bombs detonated...either the bombmaker was good enough to ensure none would go off and never intended them to explode....presence of what is believed to be pyrotechnic powder. Though it appears they were handled through the postal system....while others appeared to be delivered by individuals.....the bombs so far appear to show the presence of a sulfur substancePipe bombs are inherently unstable devices and could be set off simply by handling them
Outside experts have pointed to the lack of a triggering mechanism, suggesting it was never meant to explode....
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/25/politics/bombs-investigation/index.html

So much appearances it makes you wonder if all these appearances could be deceiving. And if this is just an orchestrated scare to influence the upcoming elections, but hey that's just me with my tin-foil hat conspiracy theories again.

If a bunch of duds, without a trigger mechanism and "appearing" to maybe contain some sort of potentionally non-fireproof material wrapped in bubblewrap envelopes that were clearly not sent through the mail system but magically showed up at exclusively Democrat targets is all this is, and that's all it seems to be, then for me it's nothing but a political influencer and hence I'm just going to ignore it, just like all the other US domestic news of the past few weeks.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:27 AM, tekmantwo said:

Yeah, the US..

I'm thinking that having 6 bombs mailed to politicians and one very rich man(Soros), all in a couple of days,  may be considered newsworthy,  especially when you factor in all the tension and fear that is so prevalent here lately.

I saw this earlier today,  the talking heads say that some of the packages may have been hand delivered to the target because none of the postage stamps had been stamped, meaning that they hadn't been processed through the postal system....

I also saw pictures of the “packages”

without stamps from postal service but all the news outlets are saying IT DID go through the mail... very weird

13 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Now 12 bombs, all with stamps, some with postal mark, some by delivery. More news happening

They suspect they came from Florida..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://wgntv.com/2018/10/26/arrest-made-in-connection-to-suspicious-packages/?fbclid=IwAR37EbtJfVfVeroNAHY1jadzLo16Di-WFNqG1REAGgtIcaBEPTmk6vNFYU8

First article i’ve seen. Yet to be confirmed 

Arrest made

Federal authorities have arrested a man in connection to the suspected explosive packages discovered this week, multiple law enforcement sources tell CNN.

No information was immediately available about the suspect.

Earlier Friday, authorities intercepted suspicious packages intended for Sen. Cory Booker and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

What We Know About Cesar Sayoc, the Suspect in the Bombing Case

AVENTURA, Fla. — A South Florida man with a history of criminal convictions was arrested Friday morning in connection to the string mail bombs sent to prominent Democrats this week.

Here is what is known about the suspect:...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/us/cesar-sayoc-bombing-suspect-arrested.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk