JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our children help in branch construction

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1904 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This week a letter from our branch was read at the meeting. They thanked us all for our support to the construction work being done at the branch. Some have made themselves available, others are giving support by means of donations or prayers.

Then the letter said that, although children are not allowed into the construction site, they had found a way children can collaborate too. They invited all children to make a drawing of themselves doign their favorite construction work, or what they think the new branch should look like, or some building from the Bible, then give it to one of the elders to send it to Bethel. The brothers have set up a place to exhibit all the drawings so that the friends working there can be encouraged by them!

What a wonderful idea! I almost feel like sending a drawing myself! :lol:

They did something similar for the 1995 ‘quick build’ at Hookwood. ‘Send us your suggestions for the internal decorating.’

(Mine wouldn’t be much better.)

751B4E7B-51C6-400A-9B57-504EA698D2DC.jpeg.66dcdeafb8e4ec6ef783bef31c35c5f2.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 2/1/2019 at 12:16 AM, carlos said:

I almost feel like sending a drawing myself! :lol:

It's sad to have a great amount of creative energy that you can not use in this system of things to any wide benefit. I love designing space-ships and space-stations in 3D but it's so time-consuming.

I love acting or role-playing and I am great at slipping into roles but I would never want to be a paid actor in this system.

I love creating things from wood, clay, or drawing things and graphics design but again, sooo time-consuming.

I really hope that in the New World, there will be more opportunity for me to live out this amazing aspect of being a human.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:30 AM, ChrisC said:

They did something similar for the 1995 ‘quick build’ at Hookwood. ‘Send us your suggestions for the internal decorating.’

(Mine wouldn’t be much better.)

Wow, whoever drew this no longer thinks in 3-dimensional terms but on the quantum plane.

Edited by ChocoBro

7 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

It's sad to have a great amount of creative energy that you can not use in this system of things to any wide benefit. I love designing space-ships and space-stations in 3D but it's so time-consuming.

I love acting or role-playing and I am great at slipping into roles but I would never want to be a paid actor in this system.

I love creating things from wood, clay, or drawing things and graphics design but again, sooo time-consuming.

I really hope that in the New World, there will be more opportunity for me to live out this amazing aspect of being a human.

I hear you, brother.  I'm just counting time... I cannot do what I want to do in this system.  It's sometimes literally painful.. but, that's life, eh? 😕