JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

Listening to George Jones, "He stopped loving her today" and this gem "Where Grass Won't Grow (feat. Trisha Yearwood, Dolly Parton & Emmylou Harris)" by George Jones

"The dirt was clay and was the color of the blood in me
A twelve acre farm on a ridge is southern Tennessee
We left that sweat all over that land behind a mule we watched grow old
Row after row trying to grow corn and cotton on ground so poor that grass won't
Grow

There was one old store in the hollow we all called town
It belonged to a gentle old man named Henry Brown
He gave us credit in the wintertime so we could live through the cold when the
Wind brought snow

Trying to grow corn and cotton on ground so poor that grass won't grow
The one I loved walked through those fields with me
She was a hard working woman true as one could be
But then one year death was going 'round and swiftly took it's toll
Janie had to go

Now she lies asleep under ground so poor that grass won't grow
As I stand here looking over this part of Tennessee
The fields are bare as far as the eye can see
And over the grave where Janie lies there's a beautiful sight to behold
And no one knows why there's flowers blooming on ground so poor that grass
Won't grow"

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

On 14/12/2017 at 11:53 PM, DancesWithWife said:

One more from Gary Moore with BB King....

Brings back memories , as the old me i supprted gary moore in the late nineties. Bb is the main man blues wise. He signed a few things for me in the 90's, probably him and peter green my favourite 2 players. Funnily enough gary moore could sound exactly like either of them ( ansdmany others) at the drop of hat, iv seen him do that just for a bit of fun. Thnx for posting. 

11 hours ago, stuagu said:

Brings back memories , as the old me i supprted gary moore in the late nineties. Bb is the main man blues wise. He signed a few things for me in the 90's, probably him and peter green my favourite 2 players. Funnily enough gary moore could sound exactly like either of them ( ansdmany others) at the drop of hat, iv seen him do that just for a bit of fun. Thnx for posting. 

BB King and Gary Moore are pretty hard to top, but check out BB's long ago protege, Joe Bonamassa, starting at about the 8:00 minute mark. These guys had too much fun!

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

On 04/08/2017 at 7:10 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Got this a few years back after watching the episode of “Leverage” it featured in with Bo Duke (sorry, John Schneider) as a baddie! The episode was called “The Studio Job” FYI.

It's bigger on the inside!

12 hours ago, minister159 said:

BB King and Gary Moore are pretty hard to top, but check out BB's long ago protege, Joe Bonamassa, starting at about the 8:00 minute mark. These guys had too much fun!

Joes ok, overplays a little ( as did gary sometimes) jd is brillaint, the guy can play anything. Thnx for posting . 

15 hours ago, minister159 said:

BB King and Gary Moore are pretty hard to top

Indeed!

I remember seeing Gary Moore playing at Rock City in Nottingham in the late 90s, the place where my best mate used to play too. My best pal asked if I minded going with him to collect his pay cheque and get a drink whilst we were there. Then 10 minutes later Gary Moore comes out on stage to do a gig. Best surprise EVER! There were only about 30 of us too. Gary was amazing. A great musician to see live. Then he went and died over near us in Estepona. A great loss. Love his "Jumping At Shadows".

What do you think to Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robben Ford, Ken? Well that goes for you as well Stu now I know you're a GM fan. Did you ever come up to see any gigs in Nottingham? He played there and Sheffield regularly.

Edited by Stoffer

It's bigger on the inside!

3 hours ago, Stoffer said:

Indeed!

I remember seeing Gary Moore playing at Rock City in Nottingham in the late 90s, the place where my best mate used to play too. My best pal asked if I minded going with him to collect his pay cheque and get a drink whilst we were there. Then 10 minutes later Gary Moore comes out on stage to do a gig. Best surprise EVER! There were only about 30 of us too. Gary was amazing. A great musician to see live. Then he went and died over near us in Estepona. A great loss. Love his "Jumping At Shadows".

What do you think to Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robben Ford, Ken? Well that goes for you as well Stu now I know you're a GM fan. Did you ever come up to see any gigs in Nottingham? He played there and Sheffield regularly.

Stevie ray i never get bored of watching even if he is a one trick pony, its a very good trick.great player,  Robben ford is a fine player but i find his playing quite sterile at times, lacking feeling. 

I love this guy

he loves bb, thats obvious, but hes got "it"... whatever that is. 

I saw gary a number of times  always down south. , supported him and jack bruce once. Gary was best when playing for himself. He, a bit like joe b, would tend to get drawn in by a crowd wanting him to play a million notes a second, whereas, he never needed to, and his best work and playing in his later years would see him playing for fun in the pubs and clubs round brighton. 

Like this 

i love this guy, an absolute blast from the past ... he can play anything, banjo, guitar, piano, harmonica etc... all to an amazing stadard. hes 27, partially sighted,  american and jewish. There is nothing that bad in this song but it may disturb those with a better trained conscience than  me. :) 

28 minutes ago, stuagu said:

Forget tack two ( chaz and dave type single nonsense) ... the rest is sublime. 

Very nice!

For some reason, a few of the songs made me think I was listening to an Eagle's album. ^_^

Thanks for sharing.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm very selective in what I listen to, I think I mentioned it before, I happened upon this young man's story today and I've been listening to a continuous running of his music on YouTube since.

I don't really like opera, not even a little. BUT a tenor is dear to my heart, my dad was a tenor in a quartet and we (during a brief period of family calmness) would sing together.

This is one of Jonathan's songs, I had to choose one, it was hard because I'm loving them all. I hope you enjoy.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

25 minutes ago, Dove said:

My meeting...:D

I might clarify why I'm here reading this; the picture and audio are so bad today that the meeting is unwatchable, inaudible, but I'm keeping it on anyway just to 'be there' in spirit..:)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..