JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Today was our KH Dedication. Our meeting was set for 1 pm unlike our usual 10 am meeting. We had an abbreviated WT summary then a 45 minute presentation of how our congregation got started, with 9 publishers! Very interesting and very well done by Br. Bill Neal. 

Next was a Dedication talk by Br Marty Wallis from Brooklyn Bethel. He was giving a synopsis of what our meeting places are for, a history down through the ages- about people and not the building- when one of our sisters went into diabetic shock. Br. Wallis kept up the talk as though NOTHING was happening. He was remarkable! The sister had to be carried out by 2 brothers with many others assisting. He kept the tempo, was animated and kept to the script as the sister was cared for in the back by brothers and sisters who had medical experience. Eventually the ambulance arrived and the sister was taken to hospital. All the while Br. Wallis kept to his talk, keeping order in an upsetting situation. (I hope the ambulance personnel noticed)

Beautiful talk, wonderful association afterward. 

Br Wallis is on the right. The other brother is also Marty and was talking to him as I snapped this pic.post-1083-0-85817500-1445827531.jpg

The brochure we had

post-1083-0-84919600-1445827634_thumb.jp:post-1083-0-78697700-1445827672_thumb.jp

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The current study WT has an article about Joanna, and it looks like someone brought their tablet.... :)

post-574-0-30840700-1445836184_thumb.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

37a79110c3630ebbcaba75c343899850.jpg

A brother took this photo yesterday ( Sunday morning in India) during field service.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Dilip, since this was your last post, just checking to see if you're OK?    7.5   ...  http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/earthquake-shakes-afghanistan-pakistan-india-least-11-dead-n451361

Next was a Dedication talk by Br Marty Wallis from Brooklyn Bethel. ..

Actually, his name is spelled Br. Marty Wallace (as can be seen on the program) I have known him for many years.

I was in a Congregation (my Brother is still in that Congregation) that was started with only 23 publishers and we met in a rented building - it was a very, very old, quite small movie theater. We ended up buying the building next door (it had been a Radio Shack) and that is still the Hall today.

Anyway, back to Marty Wallace - his fleshly Brother, another Brother and I were the Body of Elders for that Congregation. I served with his Brother in that Congregation for many years and Marty and his wife would come visit semi-regularly (they were serving in Brooklyn Bethel at the time). He would usually give the Public Talk on Sunday while he was here.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I figured someone would know him and have a history. Was able to visit with him a little bit before Marty came up and started talking to him,  :angry: Didn't even acknowledge us 4 women talking to him. Anyway he did have a chance to say by next year we'll be completely out of NY, and some very interesting other bits. Sadly I didn't get to visit with his wife. We have 124 seats in the hall, we filled 108 of them, being crowded in among people isn't something I like so I hung out by the wall at my seat.

At the meal afterward I sat with a visiting couple from the build who were friends of Br. Wallace ( :) ), had a nice chat. 

In the brochure you can see the old military building, It was a retail store when we bought it then moved it onto the property, became the first hall in 1938. It sat 24 people and had an apartment at the other end. Was used for pioneers or a traveling brother. The hall we used then tore down was next built in the '70's, so it lasted at least 32 years. All 3 halls were  on the same property and the last 2 on the same foot print.

The hall you talked about, was it in Florida? Is it in a commercial area? That's what my brain is envisioning.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

7ffc676d2922c8c59de949bb723284be.jpg

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

\

Thanks for the pictures of the Dragon Fruit...I have never seen or heard of this fruit before... and that

is why I enjoy your post...they are always interesting...Thanks for thinking of us.

Edited by nanceebgd46