JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Was a beautiful service day. Sun was hot! Glenn didn't have any air in the van so sweating was the theme of the morning.

We made a call out where the bogs are, br. had a call there. We ended up watching the men separate the cranberries from the plants. This is an old farm and the bogs aren't well cared for but they still make money from it. I don't know what the 'tiller' was called but it looked like it had a riding mower engine on top of it. At times it looked like they worked harder at keeping it under control rather than pushing it along. The guys like it that we were there taking pictures. 

post-1083-0-24374600-1445895734_thumb.jp

post-1083-0-99441900-1445895806_thumb.jp

In this one, behind the head of the fella in blue, you can see the water pouring in. It will take all day today to fill this bog to float the berries. post-1083-0-02014000-1445895890_thumb.jp

Kinda cool huh? I like it. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Terrible I tell ya, just terrible.

Yup. The worse part is waiting for the pay back... :)

I just need to find a moderator that is willing to be bribed...... :devil:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If I were you, Lynn, I wouldn't accept anything less than everlasting life. Wait till Richard tries to offer that. Otherwise, leave the tape on.

I can add a day to that offer...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hey, how can he be posting here with tape on his mouth? :huh:

They didn't tape my fingers...BHHHaaaaaaaaa.....!!!!!

I taught gardening (along with a bunch of other stuff) in a therapeutic boarding school. Our produce was used in student-involved food prep. It was labeled "Horticulture." HaHa. I called it, "Food we grow to eat." We also grew a flower bed which spelled out the name of the School. It was at the entrance and looked purty.

That's great. My GD comes here and I take her out in the garden. Doesn't matter what time of year, I have something growing. Right now there's tomato and lettuce in the greenhouse and 12 lettuces, brussel sprouts, leeks, potatoes and kale in the garden, and another 12 hills of spuds, done and need to dig. She gets her hands dirty and has learned how to dig spuds carefully. How to plant, how to weed, spread straw, fertilize. I'm getting a load of horse poop and will rent a chipper shredder to shoot it through, comes out fantastic, she TOTALLY loves that!

OH! Learned of another way to garden. In a select portion of the garden spread horse stall wood pellets, water well, spread straw on top, water well and use fertilizer then load with soil on top. Plant in the soil. The pellets and straw will create heat as it decomposes, what you plant will love warm feet! Going to try it now and then again early spring. Can't remember what it's called, but I'm game. Autumn's gonna love doing this with me. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34