JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

3 hours ago, timpin said:

I didn't see anyone (worthy of) offering/discussing Bible literature or showing a related video

So judgmental! Actually I know several that had beards very similar to the one posted when they began studying.  They are all elders in the Congregation now for more than 30 years, less the beards. :)

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

11 hours ago, Musky said:

So you judge potential sheep by their appearance?

Oh my, not at all!   Sheep (Eric) worded it so much better below   ...   

11 hours ago, Sheep said:

Personally, I don't think I would accept any Bible literature from someone who looked like that, or would I want to see a "related video" he offered to show me. It's my own personal opinion, but I see beards as a symbol of rebellion. Maybe it's just the era and place I was brought up in.

Nicely worded Eric, thank you!

10 hours ago, Musky said:

I wasn't implying accepting Bible literature from them or watching one of their videos, I was referring to people we would approach in our ministry. Everyone should be treated as potential sheep. :D

...   and I agree wholeheartedly

10 hours ago, Sheep said:

...   I would offer literature to someone with a beard.

...   as we all would and should

8 hours ago, rocket said:

...   Actually I know several that had beards very similar to the one posted when they began studying.  They are all elders in the Congregation now for more than 30 years, less the beards. :)

...   and because we don't pre judge anyone, these are the fine results!       ...   "less the beards"

another nice point brought out by Greg   ...   http://jwtalk.net/forums/profile/4085-gregexplore/?status=6248&type=status 

"Interesting thing CO said regarding the beards.

Hint: You will not see  a brother with a beard giving a broadcasting , assembly part etc."

Edited by timpin

16 hours ago, timpin said:

Then why did you say this?

I didn't see anyone (worthy of) offering/discussing Bible literature or showing a related video

Edited by Musky

On 2/4/2017 at 6:04 AM, timpin said:

Nicely worded Eric, thank you!

...   and I agree wholeheartedly

...   as we all would and should

...   and because we don't pre judge anyone, these are the fine results!       ...   "less the beards"

another nice point brought out by Greg   ...   http://jwtalk.net/forums/profile/4085-gregexplore/?status=6248&type=status 

"Interesting thing CO said regarding the beards.

Hint: You will not see  a brother with a beard giving a broadcasting , assembly part etc."

perhaps my thoughts and words were misconstrued - as I quoted earlier, Eric and Greg said it much more clearer than I did   ...   I was speaking about the offerer (JW) not the offeree (potential JW) 

http://jwtalk.net/forums/profile/4085-gregexplore/?status=6248&type=status 

Edited by timpin

There is really no need to talk about either.   We closed the beard topic because it was getting heated.  We don't need to rehash those arguments here.  If we can't say anything nice then maybe we shouldn't say anything at all. 

Please leave the judgmental attitude at the door and let's keep this topic fun.  Ok? 

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

There is really no need to talk about either.   We closed the beard topic because it was getting heated.  We don't need to rehash those arguments here.  If we can't say anything nice then maybe we shouldn't say anything at all. 

Please leave the judgmental attitude at the door and let's keep this topic fun.  Ok? 

words well spoken indeed!   ...   so far I haven't noticed any judging - just opinions, recipes and animals (sheep & turkeys) In my opinion, this one is nice and fun (in moderation of course) even when heated!

On 2/2/2017 at 9:51 AM, Tortuga said:

wildturkey.jpg

Edited by timpin

Nine years ago I found a used truck that would fit me, little, Dodge, automatic and a V-8 Hemi!! Love my truck. When I went to pick it up from the sellers I mentioned that I needed a little dog to go in my little truck. Her daughter had a Lhasa Apso  who had pups. I secretly asked her (so Lew wouldn't hear) to email me pictures. Well I fell in love with one and made arrangements to pick her up in a few weeks. Again Lew doesn't know. On the delivery day my daughter and I made the 5 hour round trip to get Peachy, I called my husband on my way home (I know, I should have told him but.....) and  told him I was bringing home a new member of the family. He's smart, he figured it out. And was furious.

And that's what I went home to....until I put her on his neck, as he was pouting, and she nuzzled his ear. Now this is how they are most of the time. Really! They have their own Sunday blanket!

dog.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

46 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Hang En Cave  in Vietnam. 3rd largest cave in world and you can camp there.

Hang En Cave.jpg

That may be one of the caves that the North Vietnamese hid several divisions of troops in during the battle for Khe Sanh 1968.  Beautiful cave !

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25