JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

From the map I can guarantee I'll never set foot there in this system. That's wayyy over there!

Something else I noticed because of the map, Detroit is on the Canadian Boarder? Or does it just look like it?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Georgian+Bay/@45.3230162,-92.1933035,5.21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4d2c870d37c773bf:0x3c4476f363d00790!8m2!3d45.4061848!4d-81.1131806

At the present time, I can look east a couple of blocks and see the St. Clair River and across the water is Smogarnia, err Sarnia. Even going to Detroit, I prefer the Blue Water Bridge. Less money and a Lot Faster than Detroit crossing. You waste more than 6 minutes so-called difference sitting in line at Detroit border.:wall:In Port Huron till 7AM.

Bye the bye. Detroit is French for 'of the narrows'. Lots of French in Windsor, just across from Detroit.

Edited by pnutts

added

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

6 minutes ago, pnutts said:

At the present time, I can look east a couple of blocks and see the St. Clair River and across the water is Smogarnia, err Sarnia. Even going to Detroit, I prefer the Blue Water Bridge. Less money and a Lot Faster than Detroit crossing. You waste more than 6 minutes so-called difference sitting in line at Detroit border.:wall:In Port Huron till 7AM.

Bye the bye. Detroit is French for 'of the narrows'. Lots of French in Windsor, just across from Detroit.

I love this Peter. I will go look all these landmarks up. I will. I have grown to love geography and discover how the state/country/province got it's start and where the people came from.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I would love to see the History Channel do a show about the origin and growth of North American cities - I mean, at some time, someone had to have built the first house in what is now New York .......

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

59 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I would love to see the History Channel do a show about the origin and growth of North American cities - I mean, at some time, someone had to have built the first house in what is now New York .......

Absolutely!!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My youngest son is in town visiting NY from Texas. None ever Baptized. The oldest two will at least talk about the Bible with me. Youngest is quite reserved. He was here and helped me with some computer tasks. I got him to help resize pics for here and used that opportunity to talk about some of the friends at my last Pizza Party and some of my JW-talk-forum buddies. Then he helped me with some videos from JW.org for service.  Flooded with mixed emotions like we all have with our grown children who are not serving Jehovah. Must be those old allergies kicking up b/c my throat is tight and eyes leaky. :):(:upsidedown: 

Y (needs a handful of tissues) S  

5 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Aha! That's where you get your username from! I knew it must come from somewhere. (tu)

And here, all this time, I was thinking kejedo must be Klingon for teacher.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

15 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Aha! That's where you get your username from! I knew it must come from somewhere. (tu)

Good job Sherlock. I'm impressed! 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Am still awaiting the baby giraffe. In the mean time we had a birth of our own. One of our elders and his wife have waited for so long to welcome baby Oliver to their family. This pic is on FB so it's not private. They are so proud. I know he's over 8 pounds, a real big boy who had to be taken instead of making the traditional entrance.

Congrats to Tom and Kayleigh on baby Oliver.

Oliver.jpg