JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

48 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Her name is Phyllis Diller.^_^

Never even thought of that. :lol1: :lol1:

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I always wondered how someone became a sand sculptor. There are some lessons online, and I imagine in person. It is fascinating, but I, personally, would not want to learn an art form that takes days or weeks to sculpt and is gone =poof!

16 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I always wondered how someone became a sand sculptor. There are some lessons online, and I imagine in person. It is fascinating, but I, personally, would not want to learn an art form that takes days or weeks to sculpt and is gone =poof!

Exactly, my thoughts too. Ice sculpture is another temporary one that makes me wonder what the reason is other than they just like using that particular medium to express their talent..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Just now, Loopy said:

People that have WAY too much time on their hands. 😏😏😏😏

I guess it's way better than watching TV..at least they're in the fresh air and sunshine..(except for the ice sculpture of course) -_- 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

4 hours ago, Dove said:

I guess it's way better than watching TV..at least they're in the fresh air and sunshine..(except for the ice sculpture of course) -_- 

Exactly. Everyone has "some free lesuire time", it's what people choose to do with it. I find that there are certain expectations in some cultures of groups of people, where they claim "x" is a waste of time but they themselves to something as equally if not more unproductive with their time.

From experiance for example, many say "stop playing so many video games", but some of these same people spend the same ammount of hours watching T.V. You could argue the games were better because they make you "think" (depending on the game). At the end of the day, both people are looking at a screen for entertainment, but often the T.V watchers take some sort of odd moral high ground. 

Sometimes people question hobbies, collections and so on, but these same people also collect what things "they" enjoy. Often people do not see the sameness in other individuals because they focus on the detail of what it is they are enjoying and how they do not empathise with it, as opposed to the core concept in that we are all spending our time on something purely for entertainment or fulfillment sake. "You collect historical swords? What a pointless hobby, you're not going to use them"... says the person collecting a new Iphone every year which was the same as last years... and so on.

Edited by EccentricM

5 hours ago, Dove said:

..I'm always amazed at these kind of art sculptures that are so good yet so short-lived..

4 hours ago, kejedo said:

personally, would not want to learn an art form that takes days or weeks to sculpt and is gone =poof!

Yeah, it is a shame somewhat to make something like that and for it to wash away. I wonder if there are methods of preservation.

5 hours ago, kejedo said:

Imagine what we can do in Paradise. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

6 hours ago, kejedo said:

You can glaze it with super-glue LOL :lol2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Imagine what we can do in Paradise. 

I doubt that we will all have miraculous abilities automatically. I see a long learning/training curve before I can achieve the skill manifested in that sand sculpture. I may have an immediate advantage in the construction field, but may never become as good a cook as others as they will always have had a head start. Maybe after a thousand years, the margin of difference in skill level may not be readily apparent but my ability to boil water without burning will be greatly improved, I doubt I will ever catch up with Da Vinci when it comes to the artist abilities. I don't see an instant upgrade after Armageddon. 

This reminds me of a story. A young man got his fingers badly broken. He inquired of the bonesetter as to whether he would be able to play the piano when his cast was removed? To which the doctor assured him: "I don't see any problem." To which the young man smiled, "Good, I never could play the piano before." 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

Yeah, it is a shame somewhat to make something like that and for it to wash away. I wonder if there are methods of preservation.

That is what is so hard for me to understand is all the time and effort put into these incredible works of art just to see them destroyed in a short time; tide comes in, rain, bratty kids kick it down:lol:..but it doesn't seem to matter to them...they are just happy apparently with their accomplishment.

Of course, if pictures are taken, they will continue in posterity.....:)