JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Jehovah gives us spiritual and physical gems.

Winter's only redeeming quality is its breathtaking beauty.

Jehovah's jewels truly are beautiful to look at.

Whether individually...

snowflake-peres-crystal3-jan2019-650.jpg\

https://earthsky.org/earth/michael-peres-on-how-to-photograph-snowflakes?

Or in humungous clumps...

amazing-photography-10-beautiful-winter-scenes-beautiful-winter-scenes.jpg.9fcd125ae568f3cba5f8b9279622de2a.jpg

Winter ain't just frigidly cold, it's mighty purdy. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

What a Polar Vortex Looks Like

I am a big fan of hoarfrost.  I used to spend a lot of time

seeing images and scenes in the hoarfrost that would

form on the inside of the windows of our school bus.

So, this is my fave photo of what a Polar Vortex looks like:

396332602_Hoarfrostonwindowpane.gif.9aaf569885acfffb7946ef504fc80a5b.gif

Job 37:10 By the breath of God, the ice is produced, And the broad waters are frozen solid.

Psalm 147:16 He sends the snow like wool; He scatters the frost just like ashes.

A Sunhalo only forms when conditions are right.  There has to be a certain type of ice crystals in the air.

This sunhalo pic is my second fave:

sunrise-halo-Melissa-Seitz-Higgins-Lake-

Yesterday at sunrise on Higgins Lake, Michigan                                                  photo by: Melissa Seitz

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

17 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

amazing-photography-10-beautiful-winter-scenes-beautiful-winter-scenes.jpg.9fcd125ae568f3cba5f8b9279622de2a.jpg

Winter ain't just frigidly cold, it's mighty purdy. ^_^

I'll agree with that, to a certain extent. It's not so "purdy" when you have to drive in it! You see? Nobody's even tried to drive in that scene! (although someone walked across it)

Garden got tilled and raked out

763513844_tilled(1077x606).thumb.jpg.fc97686cc5ebbb6f1499b79213a195bd.jpg

Making a big bag of stir fry for next week, the carrots in the tub are wintering over very well as well as are the leeks. 

1692802831_carrotgarden(1077x606).thumb.jpg.707f429acd77648ca839ff0780e5e287.jpg

891352099_carrotclean(606x1077).thumb.jpg.904602d84aebcb86784cb8e8730f50e4.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

This tiny animal can live under all extremes from heat to frigid temps. 

Just a piece of the article.

Habitat

Water bears can live just about anywhere. They prefer to live in sediment at the bottom of a lake, on moist pieces of moss or other wet environments. They can survive a wide range of temperatures and situations. 

Research has found that tardigrades can withstand environments as cold as minus 328 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 200 Celsius) or highs of more than 300 degrees F (148.9 C), according to Smithsonian magazine. They can also survive radiation, boiling liquids, massive amounts of pressure of up to six times the pressure of the deepest part of the ocean and even the vacuum of space without any protection. A 2008 study published in the journal Current Biology found that some species of tardigrade could survive 10 days at low Earth orbit while being exposed to a space vacuum and radiation. 

In fact, water bears could survive after humanity is long gone, researchers found. Scientists from Harvard and Oxford universities looked at the probabilities of certain astronomical events — Earth-pummeling asteroids, nearby supernova blasts and gamma-ray bursts, to name a few — over the next billions of years. Then, they looked at how likely it would be for those events to wipe out Earth's hardiest species. And while such catastrophic events would likely wipe out humans, the researchers found little tardigrades would survive most of them, they reported in a study published online July 14, 2017, in the journal Scientific Reports.

895F4B4D-BC35-4860-A7A2-AD98A1E46D98.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

17 minutes ago, Loopy said:

This tiny animal can live under all extremes from heat to frigid temps. 

Just a piece of the article.

Habitat

Water bears can live just about anywhere. They prefer to live in sediment at the bottom of a lake, on moist pieces of moss or other wet environments. They can survive a wide range of temperatures and situations. 

Research has found that tardigrades can withstand environments as cold as minus 328 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 200 Celsius) or highs of more than 300 degrees F (148.9 C), according to Smithsonian magazine. They can also survive radiation, boiling liquids, massive amounts of pressure of up to six times the pressure of the deepest part of the ocean and even the vacuum of space without any protection. A 2008 study published in the journal Current Biology found that some species of tardigrade could survive 10 days at low Earth orbit while being exposed to a space vacuum and radiation. 

In fact, water bears could survive after humanity is long gone, researchers found. Scientists from Harvard and Oxford universities looked at the probabilities of certain astronomical events — Earth-pummeling asteroids, nearby supernova blasts and gamma-ray bursts, to name a few — over the next billions of years. Then, they looked at how likely it would be for those events to wipe out Earth's hardiest species. And while such catastrophic events would likely wipe out humans, the researchers found little tardigrades would survive most of them, they reported in a study published online July 14, 2017, in the journal Scientific Reports.

What do they look like when they take their space suit off?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

PIA04213-e1549387936785.jpg

Our Milky Way isn’t the only warped galaxy. This galaxy – labeled ESO 510-G13 – is an edge-on warped spiral galaxy. Similar to the Milky Way it has a pronounced warp in its gaseous disk and a less pronounced warp in its disk of stars. Image via NASA/Space Telescope Science Institute.  

Our Milky Way is warped

By Deborah Byrd in SPACE | February 5, 2019

A team of astronomers has produced a 3D map of our galaxy, the 1st accurate one, they say. It reveals our galaxy’s true shape as warped and twisted.

https://earthsky.org/space/milky-way-warped-twisted-study-cepheids?

No wonder I fit in so well.

I'm a little 'warped' and 'twisted', too. ^_^