JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

25 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

From a friends facebook page.....hey  guys....I think  we need to rethink things.....

1240868667_whatwomenwant.thumb.jpg.3282737ac05c7d3b906b412f2db71eef.jpg

I knew a sister who held out for the perfect man to find her but they come and went because they were looking for the perfect woman. Finally, at almost 60 years of age, she gave up looking for the perfect man and married a fine imperfect brother and living happily with all the problems a normal marriage would have.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 hours ago, pnutts said:

Day Light Savings Time. That means your cats can get you up an hour earlier 😸 :sleeping:

cat day DST.jpg

I’m not sure if he is about to spring forward or fall back.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

This is a pic from somewhere in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. 

See that mound of snow on the roof? That’s typical now with all the snow and wind we’ve had

2A4B06F8-147B-4C13-AFB0-0C0DFB82EC14.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

No way!!!! I say it again, I cannot fathom living with weather like that.

Here where I live it's still chilly but it's so beautiful outside I'm beginning to plan the garden. The thought of snow in March... Nope I can't do it nope I can't do it

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I found out where that picture was taken of the deer on the roof. The person who took the pic sent it to the local news station. 

A town called Wakefield, Michigan. 

Far west of me and where they get hammered in the winters.

so it wasn’t photoshopped 

6CD6EFCA-10E8-4509-8276-257AD2700A71.jpeg

3 hours ago, Loopy said:

This is a pic from somewhere in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. 

See that mound of snow on the roof? That’s typical now with all the snow and wind we’ve had

2A4B06F8-147B-4C13-AFB0-0C0DFB82EC14.jpeg

How did it get up there, and why?

I'm surprised the weight of that snow didn't bring the roof down..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

The other side could have been cleared of the snow leaving a huge pile and the deer 🦌 might have managed to walk up it. :shrugs:

Why??         Maybe to watch for predators? LOL! 

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Lends a whole new meaning to the term 'cattle drive'. :D

In the past, yaks were poor people's animal of choice because they could ride, milk and eat them as well use their wool for making felt and clothing. Most importantly, yaks are semi-wild and do not require any feed. They can be let free on pastures in the mountains where they can take care of their needs all by themselves. 

In recent years, there has been a revival of yak breeding in my country. People have come to realise that yaks are low‐input animals that can be bred for profit. Plus, its meat is known to be lean and low in cholesterol. 

21 hours ago, Bek said:

In the past, yaks were poor people's animal of choice because they could ride, milk and eat them as well use their wool for making felt and clothing. Most importantly, yaks are semi-wild and do not require any feed. They can be let free on pastures in the mountains where they can take care of their needs all by themselves. 

In recent years, there has been a revival of yak breeding in my country. People have come to realise that yaks are low‐input animals that can be bred for profit. Plus, its meat is known to be lean and low in cholesterol. 

I hear they're resistant to taking direction unlike a bovine. They're independent so wild grazing would be best. I wouldn't mind having one, Norma Clutter can process the wool for me so I can make rugs and sweaters!😁, not to mention the meat. Love farm to table, knowing where your food comes from.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I hear they're resistant to taking direction unlike a bovine. They're independent so wild grazing would be best. I wouldn't mind having one, Norma Clutter can process the wool for me so I can make rugs and sweaters!😁, not to mention the meat. Love farm to table, knowing where your food comes from.

Yes, that's true. They usually try to stay in groups and keep their distance from people. Bulls can be very dangerous. 

But they can still be tamed if done from a young age. After some training, they become very docile. 

Another advantage of keeping yaks is that they have a lot of strength and endurance. Plus, they are good at negotiating mountainous terrains. They are like mountain goats in some ways. No other animal can carry big loads in the mountains as well as yaks. 

So it is quite a good beast of burden. 🙂

9 hours ago, Bek said:

Yes, that's true. They usually try to stay in groups and keep their distance from people. Bulls can be very dangerous. 

🙂

Thanks Brother Nurzat for those interesting facts about yaks. Wished I had known this when I was in China. I was visiting Yunnan province : Kunming, Dali and Lijiang. Went up the cable car to Jade Dragon Snow mountain. Ended up at the yak meadow. So I wanted to get a better photo of the animals. Silly me got chased by the big black bull. Nearly tumbled down the slope. Fortunately nothing untoward happened to me. Then only noticed signs warning about the animals. I guessed the animals were used to seeing people in that place and the bull merely wanted to warn me to keep away. It was rather misty that spring day. 

Hope you and your loved ones are well and happy.

With Christian love

21 minutes ago, MikkiSoo said:

Thanks Brother Nurzat for those interesting facts about yaks. Wished I had known this when I was in China. I was visiting Yunnan province : Kunming, Dali and Lijiang. Went up the cable car to Jade Dragon Snow mountain. Ended up at the yak meadow. So I wanted to get a better photo of the animals. Silly me got chased by the big black bull. Nearly tumbled down the slope. Fortunately nothing untoward happened to me. Then only noticed signs warning about the animals. I guessed the animals were used to seeing people in that place and the bull merely wanted to warn me to keep away. It was rather misty that spring day. 

Hope you and your loved ones are well and happy.

With Christian love

My pleasure Sister Anne and thank you for your warm words! :) 

I have heard a lot about Yunnan. As I understand it is a mountainous region and in many ways similar to my country. Yaks in that region are quite common and in some high-altitude places, are the only animals that can survive the harsh conditions.

Next time you go to Yunnan, you may try their local yak cheese and yak butter tea. As you may know, yak milk has a high fat content and products from it taste different. I think Yunnan is one of the few Chinese provinces where you can have yak dairy products or any other dairy products in general. 

I was thinking of visiting Southwest China one day and Yunnan along with Sichuan are definitely high on the list. In my view, it is the most interesting part of China in terms of food, culture and geographic features. 

I hope you will stay safe and in good health. 

Lots of brotherly love to you too.  

On 3/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, bagwell1987 said:

I would do that for you. :)

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: