JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 668 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I used to be in a congregation that covered a territory with lots of immigrants. Most of them are from India, and so speak Hindi, Gujarati, or Punjabi. They all speak English with varying degrees of proficiency. But obviously they are more adept in their own language. I remember one call I did with a brother from the Hindi group (which later became a congregation) who spoke most of the Indian languages fluently. That group handled calls in all of the Indian languages. But the brother had shown him a verse in a Punjabi Bible (not the NWT), and during the following few minutes while the brother was talking to him, this man couldn't take his eyes off the Bible! He was so captivated by it!

They have a thirst for knowledge in that territory. It's going to be good for that audience to get an easy-to-read version of the Bible with the New World Translation.

I liked that comment from a translator from the Kannada translation team:

I thought this Bible would not be released until 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. But this release shows that nothing can stop Jehovah’s work.

No lockdown is enough to stop our Almighty God from moving forward with his work!

• 3 weeks later...

The Bible—The Gospel According to Matthew was relelased to the 524 Gitonga-speaking publishers and 1,911 Ronga-speaking publishers on November 14 and 15.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702020440&srcid=share

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our congregation in Singapore just received the bibles with a plastic cover supplied.
Our bible covers start to flake off after some time probably due to our hot and humid climate.

I'd like to see a picture of one if you get a chance. I'm in the tropics, and my cover is falling apart. I hope this fixes it, and not just a cover to collect the flakes! loI
Cheers

Old (Downunder) Tone

13 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I'd like to see a picture of one if you get a chance. I'm in the tropics, and my cover is falling apart. I hope this fixes it, and not just a cover to collect the flakes! loI
Cheers

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

The bible is still the same. So the cover is to put over the those Bibles which have the flaky or disintegrated cover.😁

477166853_NWTCoverF.thumb.jpeg.41e429e90d53f09c6070718d0e5fb8af.jpeg

932868345_NWTCoverB.thumb.jpeg.42c0563d527926d843ef77286b4c4149.jpeg

Edited by WilliamChew

The bible is still the same. So the cover is to put over the those Bibles which have the flaky or disintegrated cover.

477166853_NWTCoverF.thumb.jpeg.41e429e90d53f09c6070718d0e5fb8af.jpeg

932868345_NWTCoverB.thumb.jpeg.42c0563d527926d843ef77286b4c4149.jpeg
Wait! Are that covers for the Bible produced by the organization or by someone else?
I loveeee Bible covers

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

Wait! Are that covers for the Bible produced by the organization or by someone else?
I loveeee Bible coversemoji28.png

They are part of the congregation shipment.

161640025_NWTCovers.jpeg.2ab9087237cd1b37282e269462ef7c89.jpeg

Edited by WilliamChew

They are part of the congregation shipment.
Niiiice
The only Dutch Bibles I have seen who did damage after a while are the ones in the car of a brother. They changed a little bit in color but that's it So, I guess no need for covers in the Dutch climate..

(Maybe "Bible-umbrellas" is a better idea here)

2 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Did the congregation order the covers? Did they come with some bibles, or are they a separate item?
I would like to get some.
If there is a 'part/item-number', please let me know.
TonyW

Likewise. I need Bible covers...would especially like one for my hard copy of the large Study Edition! I've been scared to touch it in case I damage it..

4 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Did the congregation order the covers? Did they come with some bibles, or are they a separate item?
I would like to get some.
If there is a 'part/item-number', please let me know.
TonyW

Yes. The congregation ordered them. The gray covers came separately without any bibles in them.

4 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Yes. The congregation ordered them. The gray covers came separately without any bibles in them.

I went online to look for them, but I could not find the part.

When you are online next, could you please check your shipping docket to see what they are called.Tia

Agape

TonyW

• 2 weeks later...