JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 664 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

New World Translation Released in Zapotec (Isthmus)

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/New-World-Translation-Released-in-Zapotec-Isthmus/

It is so fascinating! There is no other group of people who translates the Bible in so many languages. Even their "own" version of Bible. :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Got my silver sword tonight! The whole congregation was excited. I remembered Brother Pierce’s advice to give it a little twist to help unbind the pages. Some gave me a weird look because some didn’t go to that meeting and I told them to try it and it worked haha. It was a happy night for all of us. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Revised New World Translation Released in Albanian

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/albania/Revised-New-World-Translation-Released-in-Albanian/

Into every tribe and nation, your glory we proclaim...

I saw that too. The new Bible was released on December 8, 2019. Less than two weeks before, Albania was hit by a 6.4 magnitude earthquake. No doubt the new Albanian Bible will provide some comfort to those brothers and sisters affected.

• 4 months later...
On April 25, 2020. we'll have a special meeting. Release of revised nwt in croatian language is near!
I hope ...

Is it still on? The HQ visits to the Scandinavian branch was cancelled.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

17 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Is it still on? The HQ visits to the Scandinavian branch was cancelled.

We'll have about 3 hours of pre-recorded program. And brother Geoffrey Jackson's talk. 

We'll watch from our homes via zoom.

Edited by Bosko

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 2:04 AM, Omoyeme said:

I think it's wonderful that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is making God's Word available to people of lesser-known languages.  How their hearts must be filled with joy holding that life-saving gift in their hands.

The New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures Now Available in Krio

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/sierra-leone/The-New-World-Translation-of-the-Christian-Greek-Scriptures-Now-Available-in-Krio/

I think it is noteworthy to mention how in places where publishers do not have electronic equipment, the branches go to lengths to make sure they receive the printed version so that they can benefit the most. Clearly, this would not have been a problematic case before the recent NC incident. But still, our brothers in charge have adapted to it well.