JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 664 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

44 minutes ago, carlos said:

No. There was a change in the schedule. Since the dramatic Bible reading was based on the new Bible, it was switched with the talk “Those Whom Jehovah Loves He Disciplines” from the afternoon session. Then, before the morning session ended, the chairman announced we had a special video. In that video the new Bible was presented by brother Lösch. Then when the video ended brother Lösch was there, holding the new Bible in his hand. :) 

Afterwards another video was shown on how to download the new Bible since it would be used throughout the rest of the program. There were wifi spots in case you couldn't use your data, and there were knowledgeable brothers and sisters at those spots who assisted those needed it.

Thank you brother Carlos! I was trying to understand this point. What an exciting occasion! What a loving arrangement on the part of the brothers to help each other download their new Bibles. Jehovah's organization thinks of everything. :wub:

Watching the release video again, I have to say how much Brother Losch’s Spanish has improved! I remember him giving a talk in a local congregation years ago when he was first learning and he did great then. Then hearing him this past weekend, it’s evident Jehovah blessed his effort to learn the language. Shows that no matter how old we may be or what our assignment is, we can learn a new language and Jehovah will bless us if we learn it to use it in his service.

Edited by MM9106

6 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

Watching the release video again, I have to say how much Brother Losch’s Spanish has improved! I remember him giving a talk in a local congregation years ago when he was first learning and he did great then. Then hearing him this past weekend, it’s evident Jehovah blessed his effort to learn the language. Shows that no matter how old we may be or what our assignment is, we can learn a new language and Jehovah will bless us if we learn it to use it in his service.

Brother Löch's video has thrilled me ... Spanish is my second language ... and his talk has given me pleasant memories of when our Bible was released in Portuguese by Brother Splane.

• 2 weeks later...

Jehovah’s Witnesses Release Bassa-Language Christian Greek Scriptures in Cameroon

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/cameroon/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Release-Bassa-Language-Christian-Greek-Scriptures-in-Cameroon/

I'm very happy for our brethren in Cameroon.  Excitement and tears of joy were the order of the day!

• 2 weeks later...

Jehovah’s Witnesses Release New World Translation in Guarani

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/paraguay/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Release-New-World-Translation-in-Guarani/

The New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures Released in Laotian

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/thailand/The-New-World-Translation-of-the-Christian-Greek-Scriptures-Released-in-Laotian/

Jehovah’s Witnesses Release the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures in Kwanyama

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/south-africa/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Release-the-New-World-Translation-of-the-Christian-Greek-Scriptures-in-Kwanyama/

Jehovah's "chariot is indeed on the move"!

I share in their joy  as well.  (So happy for our brothers and sisters in Paraguary, Laos and Namibia.) :)

• 2 weeks later...

We just had our convention this weekend here in South Africa and 3 full languages got the new Translation. Afrikaans, Xhosa (the main Bible society of SA recently did a new bible and removed Jehovah’s name that had it in) and there was one more but can’t remember what language. Such a blessing!

I can’t wait to download it (Czech) when comes on the website.

19 hours ago, M.V. said:

On September 7, 2019  was special meeting in city Ostrava (Czech Republic). Brother Stephen Lett released revised New World Translation in two languages - Czech and Slovak!

New World Translation Released in Six Languages

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/New-World-Translation-Released-in-Six-Languages/

The New World Translation has been translated in whole or in part into 184 languages, including 29 complete revisions based on the 2013 edition.

Edited by Omoyeme

1 hour ago, Omoyeme said:

New World Translation Released in Six Languages

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/New-World-Translation-Released-in-Six-Languages/

Thank you, Sis Sandra, for posting it on here! It is good to know that the NWT has also been released in Turkmen, which is spoken in a Central Asian country of Turkmenistan. Brothers are under a ban there and the news of NWT will certainly make them happy. :)

Incredible. Simply incredible. Six releases on one weekend. So many languages getting the NWT for the first time and a lot of languages getting their revisions this year as well. The translation teams have done an phenomenal job. Pretty obvious they have Jehovah and Jesus supporting them doing that work. No other way this amount of bible translations could be produced this fast. I’m sure there’s more to come. 

I have also noticed that brothers have increased the number of Arabic dialects to 10. Usually dialects are never used officially in publications in Arab countries. Everyone uses the Modern Standard Arabic, which is the lingua franca of the Arab world. The fact that brothers are trying to publish info in the dialects as well shows that they really want to make the good news personal so that it reaches the hearts. 

I do not know of any other organisation that publishes information in so many languages and dialects. It is truly amazing, considering how much effort it takes to make this possible. 

Edited by Bek

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, Arumuga Raja said:

New World Translation Released in Chinese Mandarin

The revised edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures was released in Chinese Mandarin (Traditional) and Chinese Mandarin (Simplified) on July 5, 2019, in Taoyuan City, Taiwan. The New World Translation has been translated in whole or in part into 180 languages, including 24 complete revisions based on the 2013 edition.

Here's a heart-warming video in relation to its' release!

https://vimeo.com/346451722