JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 664 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 hours ago, Thesauron said:

This is big. They have never had the nwt at all. They are only about 390 publishers, but their RTO is very efficient.

This speaks volumes about our organisation.

Others : 390 - Why bother?

Jehovah: Because I love them!

Happy for both our Icelandic and Spanish brothers.  As for the subject of Spanish variations and a neutral Spanish, we Brits are still waiting for a proper English translation!  :D.  :tea:  Our one has a lot of typos, missing many "U"s.  And when will they fix that backward "S" in organization. 

Its a big ask.  But anyone care to translated the release video into English, and post the transcript here.

The GB is as happy to announce a Bible release to a few hundred publishers as they are to a large language group. Economically, it doesn’t make sense, but Jehovah doesn’t view it that way.

I wonder if we will use the JW Box technology more widely in the future?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The JW Box was very interesting to hear about! Maybe it’ll be used at RCs in the future and who knows where else they may use that technology. 

I already used the new revision to prepare for this week’s Watchtower study and I understand it so much better! Words alone can’t express my gratitude to Jehovah, Jesus, the Governing Body, and the translators. I’m extremely happy for the Icelandic friends as well. That must’ve been thrilling to see Brother Lett announce that for them. What a wonderful weekend for Jehovah’s people! Even better things lie ahead for us. 

Edited by MM9106

15 hours ago, carlos said:

Today has been a very exciting day. When the brother said they had a special video by brother Lösch with something about God's Word in the title, everybody was jumping and clapping. :lol:

It was funny because it was a recorded video in which brother Lösch presents the new Bible. Then, when after the video ended, brother Lösch was there in person with a Bible in his hand. :lol: He went down from the scene and went around the platform showing us the new Bible while the whole audience was carried away, and the poor brother with the camera was after him trying to record it. It was hilarious and very thrilling. :lol:

The brother explained that they are printing millions of Bible in Spanish but they weren't ready in time for the convention, that we will receive them soon. He didn't say anything about large print but I guess if it's exists in English there will be one in Spanish too. On the other hand, if you use an electronic device you can enlarge to your preferred size. :)

Yes, there is only one version in Spanish. The brothers have made a wonderful job to produce a text that is easy to understand and natural for all Spanish-speakers. I guess that's the reason why it took so long. While other languages spoken by a limited number of speakers don't have many variants, there are many different variants of Spanish and it was very hard to find a text that sounds natural for all. By the way, brother Lösch said there are around 2.5 millions of publishers who speak Spanish. Wow!

Yes, the new version is much murch easier to understand. It removes a lot of verbosity and the points are now clear. And it gets rid of a lot of old words that nobody understands anymore. As a brother said today, it doesn't sound as someone from the 1st century speaking but as an average person today. :)

Br Carlos, 

Thank you for this comment, I enjoyed very much reading all  what you wrote. I like the wording as well and the spirit of your comments! Surely the convention lifted up your spirit as it did to all of us who attended on it. :thumbsup:

I feel like Jehovah's new world is  really close and we are getting closer and closer to that beautiful day. 

By the way, you know I am from Georgia originally. Like in Spain, Georgian brothers have their RC right now and they too are eagerly awaiting for the revised NWT which is not known yet wether they will get it this time or not. The member of GB is in Georgia, brother Mark Sanderson. Who knows he may announce it for Georgians. I keep checking my devices if any of them texted: We got the revised NWT in Georgian! I hope it will happen on this RC.   :superman:

I started in Genesis! Oh my how  wonderfully clear this translation is 
Revelation 19:1

Do you now think it was wrong to grant the translation teams some extra time to accomplish a brilliant and easy to understand translation into Spanish?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Do you now think it was wrong to grant the translation teams some extra time to accomplish a brilliant and easy to understand translation into Spanish

My Brother, I'm sorry, but where in the  world did you get the idea that I was impatient with the length of time it took to release this translation in Spanish?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️  Thank you. 

My Brother, I'm sorry, but where in the  world did you get the idea that I was impatient with the length of time it took to release this translation in Spanish?  Thank you. 

Not you personally, but I’ve heard some voices raised regarding why such a large language group as Spanish had to wait for so long.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

Not you personally, but I’ve heard some voices raised regarding why such a large language group as Spanish had to wait for so long

Thank you for clarifying that.  

Can any one please whose first language is Spanish translate what does the highlighted words in this verse say and also the footnote of it: 

1 Corintios 16:13 (nwt-Sp-2019) —«Manténganse despiertos, estén firmes en la fe, sean valientes*, sean fuertes». 

—* “Pótense como hombres”. 

Thanks you in advance. 

18 minutes ago, Guri said:

Can any one please whose first language is Spanish translate what does the highlighted words in this verse say and also the footnote of it: 

1 Corintios 16:13 (nwt-Sp-2019) —«Manténganse despiertos, estén firmes en la fe, sean valientes*, sean fuertes». 

Thanks you in advance. 

It's like the English version only that the main text is exchanged with the note

Sean valientes: be courageous

Pórtense como hombres: carry on in a manly way

The Portuguese version is like the Spanish one

Edited by jayrtom

23 minutes ago, Guri said:

Thanks you in advance. 

Sean valientes means be courageous. Previous NWT had it as “carry on like men”. This rendition makes much more sense.

Edited by MM9106

Sean valientes means be courageous. Previous NWT had it as “carry on like men”. This rendition makes much more sense.

It’s the same expression as the Swedish translation used - “be courageous.”

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

35 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

Br. Mike, 

I agree with you. It is good that the footnote (*Act as man) provides the word to word translation to the reader of the Spanish revised NWT, so its meaning has not been lost. 

Edited by Guri

clarification

11 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

This speaks volumes about our organisation.

Others : 390 - Why bother?

Jehovah: Because I love them!

This is very interesting. When we visited Iceland last year I was surprised to know that most Icelanders speak English and German. Why? Because they are avid readers (very understandable in that extrene cold!) but very few books are published in their language since it's not finantially interesting. So they learn others languages to be able to read more books. :)

6 hours ago, Guri said:

Thank you for this comment, I enjoyed very much reading all  what you wrote. I like the wording as well and the spirit of your comments! Surely the convention lifted up your spirit as it did to all of us who attended on it. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your nice words, Guri. We are very very happy with our new Bible. I hope you will get yours in Georgian very soon too and be sure when you do it will be worth the wait. 

On 7/19/2019 at 6:56 PM, carlos said:

Today has been a very exciting day. When the brother said they had a special video by brother Lösch with something about God's Word in the title, everybody was jumping and clapping. :lol:

It was funny because it was a recorded video in which brother Lösch presents the new Bible. Then, when after the video ended, brother Lösch was there in person with a Bible in his hand. :lol: He went down from the scene and went around the platform showing us the new Bible while the whole audience was carried away, and the poor brother with the camera was after him trying to record it. It was hilarious and very thrilling. :lol:

The brother explained that they are printing millions of Bible in Spanish but they weren't ready in time for the convention, that we will receive them soon. He didn't say anything about large print but I guess if it's exists in English there will be one in Spanish too. On the other hand, if you use an electronic device you can enlarge to your preferred size. :)

Yes, there is only one version in Spanish. The brothers have made a wonderful job to produce a text that is easy to understand and natural for all Spanish-speakers. I guess that's the reason why it took so long. While other languages spoken by a limited number of speakers don't have many variants, there are many different variants of Spanish and it was very hard to find a text that sounds natural for all. By the way, brother Lösch said there are around 2.5 millions of publishers who speak Spanish. Wow!

Yes, the new version is much murch easier to understand. It removes a lot of verbosity and the points are now clear. And it gets rid of a lot of old words that nobody understands anymore. As a brother said today, it doesn't sound as someone from the 1st century speaking but as an average person today. :)

Thank you very much for your interesting and informative remarks, Brother Carlos!

The Spanish NWT was released on the anniversary date of my baptism.  Which also happened to be the last day of my very first School for Congregation Elders ever.  One of the instructors excitedly showed me and sent me the link as I walked into class that morning (I was the only brother from a Spanish congregation in the English school). 

I almost had a heart attack!  Tearing up as I downloaded it.  I sent the good news to my wife and a best-friends-couple - they cried as well. 

Jehovah is so good to us!

On 19/07/2019 at 07:45, Samu1982 said:

A edição revisada da Tradução do Novo Mundo das Escrituras Sagradas foi publicada em espanhol.       

67402636_2786121974795938_3006150178584395776_n.jpg

67237842_10216915464057016_4511500254071226368_n.jpg

Just a curiosity. Where did this discourse fit into the Convention Program? Was it done before the Chairman's Address?

3 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

Just a curiosity. Where did this discourse fit into the Convention Program? Was it done before the Chairman's Address?

No. There was a change in the schedule. Since the dramatic Bible reading was based on the new Bible, it was switched with the talk “Those Whom Jehovah Loves He Disciplines” from the afternoon session. Then, before the morning session ended, the chairman announced we had a special video. In that video the new Bible was presented by brother Lösch. Then when the video ended brother Lösch was there, holding the new Bible in his hand. :) 

Afterwards another video was shown on how to download the new Bible since it would be used throughout the rest of the program. There were wifi spots in case you couldn't use your data, and there were knowledgeable brothers and sisters at those spots who assisted those who needed it.

Edited by carlos