JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We've talked about merging a few, but the conversations are going in different directions. Oh well. :)

Always the ASSIMILATOR! LOL ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Im after some help.

Always used android (reliable and simple in my experience).

Anyway, we have just got our son an ipad mini. I am trying to download the new Sophia video onto the ipad. At the relevant page on jw.org, under the heading of download, there are 4 video 'qualities' (eg. 360p).

When i click one, or try 'holding' one the video just starts playing.

So how can i get it onto the tablet?

Thanks in advance

Did you try to press AND hold the link with the quality does it show a menu like this one? You can save clicking the last option

Posted Image

You can try also to install an app that downloads and stores all the videos:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jw-friend/id718067687?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/za/app/jw-youth/id855380868?mt=8

I believe that's what Br Lett said. Give it a few days since the annual meeting was just a couple of days ago.

I am an extremely amateur video editor, it takes time, patience and skill to deal with hi Def files and to get it prepped for streaming. Time will tell. One thing I know of the brothers, what they say will be eventually be done. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

No it doesnt bring up a menu like that. Do you need some add-on?

Install Readdle Documents (Its free) and then when you click on the download button it will give you the option to save it into 'Documents' app on your ipad.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/documents-5-fast-pdf-reader/id364901807?mt=8#

Edited by Mykyl

I often feel like writing letters to the branch but never do but now I feel inspired and because its on a trial basis I think I will write a letter so they know just up much I appreciate TV.JW.ORG

I love love love the music video and song "Best Life Ever". When I heard the snippet in the video about missionary service I tried to write out what lyrics I could hear I thought it was just so neat.

No it doesnt bring up a menu like that. Do you need some add-on?

No, it's a standard menu for chrome or the android browser... Or any pc browser when you left click on a link.

Safary doesn't have a "left click" menu?

Maybe you can trty those app's while a brother with an ipad appeara to help

Sorry don't know anything more as I have an android

Im after some help.

Anyway, we have just got our son an ipad mini. I am trying to download the new Sophia video onto the ipad. At the relevant page on jw.org, under the heading of download, there are 4 video 'qualities' (eg. 360p).

Thanks in advance

The best way to download it is to download the video using your computer. Then add to iTunes. Then connect iPad to computer to upload.

I can provide more details if necessary but that's the most reliable way to download videos to play offline unless you use an app to "grab" the video on the iPad.

Edited by MzT

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

The best way to download it is to download the video using your computer. Then add to iTunes. Then connect iPad to computer to upload.

I can provide more details if necessary but that's the most reliable way too play videos unless you use an app to "grab" the video on the iPad.

I dont have a computer!!!!

Just the ipad, an android smartphone and a kindle fire tablet.

Edited by pholmes38

I got up a bit earlier today for work hoping to check it out before I left, sadly it wasn't working yet.  Been home for two hours just watching it and I am so in love with it.  It is totally amazing!!!!

My son said "we can now watch TV during family worship" lol.

I love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!  

I dont have a computer!!!!

Just the ipad, an android smartphone and a kindle fire tablet.

Hate to tell ya, there really isn't an easy to do it without iTunes and a computer. There are a few apps that download videos from YouTube but that's all that comes to mind. Perhaps someone else can suggest an app that works well. But from experience, the best ones aren't free.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Im after some help.

Thanks in advance

For ipads you can use Documents5 (a free app) that automatically stores the videos offline.

Just use the browser embed in the app to find the video and download it.

Then you can view the videos offline in the Documents5.

PS: I only noticed after posting the post from brother Mike. Please follow his link:

Edited by JABA

Install Readdle Documents (Its free) and then when you click on the download button it will give you the option to save it into 'Documents' app on your ipad.

Already mentioned an app for doing it. The above link to that app does it. It IS free. It does exactly what you want and makes it easy to organize your videos or anything on your ipad. :) No need for anything else. Just works.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)