JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

With all the new tools and info. we've just received, is anyone else starting to feel another big campaign coming up soon?  ...   just gotta feeling the other shoe is getting ready to drop.

Personally, I am hoping for the BIG BOOT!! :) Patience.. I know!!!

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

Out cobe read the letter that only Roku (outside company) has been contracted to supply (my thoughts to facilitate) stream the JW broadcasting application. Nothing else was said at the time of any other 'contracted' outside companies were mentioned. Not apple or Amazon either.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Out cobe read the letter that only Roku (outside company) has been contracted to supply (my thoughts to facilitate) stream the JW broadcasting application. Nothing else was said at the time of any other 'contracted' outside companies were mentioned. Not apple or Amazon either.

This is True for now.

Coming Soon
  • Support for Roku devices older than the Roku 1.

• Support for the Yahoo! Connected TV platform, which runs on various internet-enabled Smart TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, and other devices.

• Support for the Amazon Fire TV digital media player.

http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-broadcasting/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Yes I've seen the post. I just wanted to relate what I heard from the brother reading the letter that these are contracted services through these media providers. Can't wait for the updates later. ☺ thanks for the info.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

That is kind of the point of there NOT being any credits ... we are NOT supposed to know who the singer or the writer is .... nor do we NEED to know.

Well said John. The singer no doubt want to remain anonymous and give the credit and honor to Jehovah. And they no doubt appreciate today's text. ☺

Wednesday, October 8

Humble yourself.​—Prov. 6:3.

.... How grateful we are for the Scriptural encouragement to cultivate the spirit of a lesser one!​—Luke 9:48. w12 11/15 3:17-19

the yahoo connect channel is on Apple TV. I'd imagine the brothers know so many of us have Apple products and want to provide support for as many of the friends as possible.

Side note: the first use of our new projector was the local needs this week, when the letter was read. The brothers have an apple TV installed at the KH and the brother reading the letter from his iPad had it up on screen with Airplay. Then he went into showing everyone the websites... jw.org TV.JW.ORG, the new apps. and a video. BEST LOCAL NEEDS EVER!

the yahoo connect channel is on Apple TV. I'd imagine the brothers know so many of us have Apple products and want to provide support for as many of the friends as possible.

Side note: the first use of our new projector was the local needs this week, when the letter was read. The brothers have an apple TV installed at the KH and the brother reading the letter from his iPad had it up on screen with Airplay. Then he went into showing everyone the websites... jw.org TV.JW.ORG, the new apps. and a video. BEST LOCAL NEEDS EVER!

My atv3 doesn't have yahoo connect channel listed,it must be usa based content

My atv3 doesn't have yahoo connect channel listed,it must be usa based content

that's possible, maybe you can change your country code in the Apple tv settings and then research USA dns servers that could could change to and get the channel.. seems like a lot of work tho.

anybody know if chromecast works for this from a mobile phone?

Indeed it was read tonight. However, I went to a French congregation this evening by exception, and the letter was read there... in English!

Finally it was read tonight at our meeting too!  Because I have been absolutely busting to tell everyone about these great developments, but I didn't want to be the spoiler witness - but I just had to let my sister know, and a sister I work with, and the couple I was in the field with yesterday....All I can say, thank goodness I didn't have to wait too much longer than tonight! :ecstatic:

Finally it was read tonight at our meeting too! Because I have been absolutely busting to tell everyone about these great developments, but I didn't want to be the spoiler witness - but I just had to let my sister know, and a sister I work with, and the couple I was in the field with yesterday....All I can say, thank goodness I didn't have to wait too much longer than tonight! :ecstatic:

Well, it's been on jw.org for a few days. I doubt think you would have been that spoilery. Glad you can talk about it now though.

Its interesting - here in Vegas - Cox cable charges by the speed NOT the amount of data. So I can go through 100s of gigabytes, but at a slow speed. If I pay more - it gets faster. They just double the speed with out doubling the price last month - for all Vegas Cox users - :bouncing:  Just in time!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This is True for now.

Coming Soon
  • Support for Roku devices older than the Roku 1.

• Support for the Yahoo! Connected TV platform, which runs on various internet-enabled Smart TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, and other devices.

• Support for the Amazon Fire TV digital media player.

http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-broadcasting/

and "Other Devices"   ...   would that mean Apple TV?

On my Apple TV I see an icon for "Yahoo! screen" -  is that what you're referring to?        .... if so, no need to buy another device, just be patient and $ave not $pend. 

and "Other Devices"   ...   would that mean Apple TV?

On my Apple TV I see an icon for "Yahoo! screen" -  is that what you're referring to?        .... if so, no need to buy another device, just be patient and $ave not $pend. 

That maybe what jw.org is referring to.

http://www.jw.org/en...w-broadcasting/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Its interesting - here in Vegas - Cox cable charges by the speed NOT the amount of data. So I can go through 100s of gigabytes, but at a slow speed. If I pay more - it gets faster. They just double the speed with out doubling the price last month - for all Vegas Cox users - :bouncing:  Just in time!!!

In Melbourne we have lots of Internet provides with unlimited data for $39-$69 per month

Fibre connection has 500 GB per month but bit more expensive,plenty of different plans to choose from

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

the yahoo connect channel is on Apple TV. I'd imagine the brothers know so many of us have Apple products and want to provide support for as many of the friends as possible. Side note: the first use of our new projector was the local needs this week, when the letter was read. The brothers have an apple TV installed at the KH and the brother reading the letter from his iPad had it up on screen with Airplay. Then he went into showing everyone the websites... jw.org TV.JW.ORG, the new apps. and a video. BEST LOCAL NEEDS EVER!

I always thought something like that could be possible. I wish to commend your body of elders on that. Bravo! ☺

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)