JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3423 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think I have spotted "older faithful brother" from Prodigal Son video during b. Lett talk

Remember prodigal brother had older brother who stayed in family business ? I think I saw him at 43 min when they show brothers from Bethel NY

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Absolutely amazing! Jehovah's has done it again. I loved every second of the broadcast.

I am now off to Face Book to spread this good news to everyone who will look at my page.

Do the same thing with your social networking pages, Face Book, Twitter etc. I only have Face Book.

Tell them TV.JW.ORG s the place to go for Bible information, videos an audios.

Now when there isn't anything to watch on TV here I go to TV.JW.org.

If you want to download any of the videos for personal use, such as on a portable device or DVD for those without internet access, the Chrome extension "FVD Downloader" (or any similar extensions) will successfully grab the link to the video file and let you manually download it yourself, as you would download any of the videos already hosted on JW.org. 

I just want to note here that the extension does not automatically download anything, it only gives you a link to manually download the video. The link it gives you is the same one you can find yourself by using 'view source' while a video is playing and searching within the source code for the word "files". So neither the extension nor the downloading itself is any violation of the updated TOS.

If you choose use the FVD Downloader extension, here's the instructions:

1. Play a video from the on-demand section of TV.JW.org.

2. While the video is playing, the FVD Downloader icon in the top left corner of your browser should be a blue down arrow. Click it.

3. In this menu, to the right of the video name, there will be a blue "Download" box. This is a direct link to the video as hosted on the JW.org servers. Click this link and the video will begin downloading to your computer according to your normal browser settings.

At what resolution does it download?  I'm using Firefox with a video download add-on.  It works in a similar way, but with the preferred resolution set at 720p or 1080, it still only downloads 480p, which is actually 640x360.  Unless 480p is the highest quality of the recordings at the moment.

Does it download as a flash video file (flv) or mp4?.  Also it is very slow downloading.  Streaming is good, and my broadband speed it fast, but downloading like that is slow.  Also the the mp4 does not play in Windows Media Player.  VLC works fine.

My plan is to put the Monthly program onto DVD each month, and pass it around to our dear elderly ones and others so they can watch it.  If they can get internet access and can afford to, it might encourage them to get access to tv.jw.org through a computer or Roku device.

Anyone managed to stream the videos through the browser on a ps3 or xbox 360? I get just a black screen on the ps3 (I do have javascript switched on) and although I can see the pages on the xbox it wont play the videos themselves.

:unsure::(

Hi all i didn't know anything about "our" TV program until yesterday when out in service a sister brought it to my attention. I AM SOOO HAPPY! Jehovah is definitely making sure we're WELL fed! And get this (right, I'm sounding like you don't know, lol), there's a LANGUAGE app. My goodness! I just cried!

What's Jehovah going to give us next? GOOD things of course! And that's just in THIS system. Can only imagine the new world where there will be no words to adequately describe Jehovah's generosity!

At what resolution does it download?  I'm using Firefox with a video download add-on.  It works in a similar way, but with the preferred resolution set at 720p or 1080, it still only downloads 480p, which is actually 640x360.  Unless 480p is the highest quality of the recordings at the moment.

Does it download as a flash video file (flv) or mp4?.  Also it is very slow downloading.  Streaming is good, and my broadband speed it fast, but downloading like that is slow.  Also the the mp4 does not play in Windows Media Player.  VLC works fine.

My plan is to put the Monthly program onto DVD each month, and pass it around to our dear elderly ones and others so they can watch it.  If they can get internet access and can afford to, it might encourage them to get access to tv.jw.org through a computer or Roku device.

I'm trying VSO downloader on pc for the same reason. We have an elderly sister, long-time pioneer who does not have internet access, so if I can record it, she will love to watch it on her computer. She has lots of videos and talks on her computer, so once there she is fine. I am sure there are others who are in a similar position who would really benefit from the monthly programme.

You are right Chris, I'm sure others would benefit and appreciate the programme.  And they many ways we can do it.  Invite others to join in our Family Worship once and month to watch it, or after the ministry over coffee we could watch together.  Putting it on DVD if we know how to.  Someone could arrange for it to be played at the Kingdom Hall.  If we think about, all the brothers in our congregation could benefit from JW TV, not just those with internet and computers.

I will start to translate and synchronize the subtitles for the videos (Br Let's first)

I will then share here and others can translate to other languages using the same synchronization

Don't know when I'll have it done though

Planning on going to service all of the weekend so expect no less than 2w

Of anyone can translate and synchronize faster than that, or even get an English subtitle already synched that would do a great help!

Sent from my G630-U10 using Tapatalk

I will start to translate and synchronize the subtitles for the videos (Br Let's first)

I will then share here and others can translate to other languages using the same synchronization

Don't know when I'll have it done though

Planning on going to service all of the weekend so expect no less than 2w

Of anyone can translate and synchronize faster than that, or even get an English subtitle already synched that would do a great help!

Sent from my G630-U10 using Tapatalk

It sounds like this is something familiar to you. I have some time to try and help a little. Which tools would work best for doing this? Which would you use? What tools do you use?  (I differentiate these questions because I have access to a lot of production software, but I also find that compatibility between contributors is important too)

It sounds like this is something familiar to you. I have some time to try and help a little. Which tools would work best for doing this? Which would you use? What tools do you use? (I differentiate these questions because I have access to a lot of production software, but I also find that compatibility between contributors is important too)

The other times I did this I used subtitle workshop. It's free and does the job ;)... Maybe there is something better that I'm not aware of...

Im after some help.

Always used android (reliable and simple in my experience).

Anyway, we have just got our son an ipad mini. I am trying to download the new Sophia video onto the ipad. At the relevant page on jw.org, under the heading of download, there are 4 video 'qualities' (eg. 360p).

When i click one, or try 'holding' one the video just starts playing.

So how can i get it onto the tablet?

Thanks in advance

I use the app mymedia. It is a free app that allows you to download videos and save them to the ipad. I have not seen this option on the broadcasting site though.

Is there going to be an announcement at the congregation meeting about this channel? I heard about this through social media first. Just wondering because I know a lot of my family and some friends don't use the computer much or at all, and they won't find out about this unless a letter is read.

Does it download as a flash video file (flv) or mp4?. Also it is very slow downloading. Streaming is good, and my broadband speed it fast, but downloading like that is slow. Also the the mp4 does not play in Windows Media Player. VLC works fine.

The one I'm using downloads at the same resolution as is currently playing, in the original MP4 format. (A universal video format that works with everything but Microsoft.) Though all the older videos, such as the Gilead graduation program, were only recorded in 480p.

Speed-wise, I can download the monthly program in about 10 minutes, the fastest my connection will allow. But since the primary download method at the moment is very-slow streaming (equivalent to 1-2Mb/s), the server may be limiting the download speed so no one person can hog all the bandwidth.

Is there a place to hear the new songs being sung? All I can find is the piano music.

yep, That is what is currently available as far as I saw as well. I can really see where in time, to help us learn the songs a more vocals will be made. But meanwhile we have the Music sheet, Words and piano accompaniment to practice with on our own :)  I am doing ok with song 136, but I am having trouble with 137 and 138. More practice there is indicated for me.

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

Which is the cheapest roku device that would work with this?

I had a LiveChat with a Roku rep and he said the Roku LT would work, so I ordered on for my Mom. I can verify after I get it set up if you like though. 

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

Our TV is so amazing. I am speechless.

The letter will be read about jw broadcasting on our meetings this week. So everybody will know.

With all the new tools and info. we've just received, is anyone else starting to feel another big campaign coming up soon?  ...   just gotta feeling the other shoe is getting ready to drop.

Edited by timpin

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)