JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

If people switch to Dvorak, the world should go metric or use the three types of cubits. Also, why are cubits linear measurements? 

Cube-its, linear. I never thought of that. I'm a square.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There are three types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Are cricket lovers bail worshippers?

(Here are some hyphens if case that is difficult to read. ———)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Do Bail Bondsmen help you get closer to a false god?

If you engage in Public Outdoor Witnessing, does that make you a POW?

Here is one of my personal philosophies;

I like to start each conversation by assuming the other person is right. It might be the only time in the conversation that I am right.

Many believe blood is blue

Oh, that explains the nice blue tint in my face when i get embarrassed..

If you engage in Public Outdoor Witnessing, does that make you a POW?

What is a suitable abbreviation for the Circuit Overseer's wife?(!)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

What is a suitable abbreviation for the Circuit Overseer's wife?(!)

Ask the CO  :D

Before I knew better I had a book about graffiti. Here are a couple I remember.

I'm pink therefore I'm spam.

Roald Dahl cheats at scrabble.

Alex Haley lost a plagiarism suit that he did not write "Roots," but stole most of the material from another person's research,"The African." The judge who presided over Haley's plagiarism case admitted that "I did not want to destroy him" and so allowed him to settle quietly - even though, he acknowledged, Haley had repeatedly perjured himself in court. 

Edited by kejedo

Check out the Alex Haley story for yourself online and make your own decision. People who are not in the US may have heard more about this. A documentary about the plagiarism and lack of historicity was not aired in the US. ps. couldn't remove the dark box around the above quote.    

Halley's Comet was around long before Alex was born - not that one has anything to do with the other :)

Bill Haley and his Comets were formed in 1952.  :)