JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

Somebody stop me!

attachicon.gifPosters 6-16-15.JPG

I have also recently retired (temporarily) and have been pacing myself (doctor's orders.) while diagnostic testing is being done.  I have a list of tasks for myself every day and take breaks. I am keeping up with my study/call schedule and took out a new territory. I expect to be auxil pio again in July or August. And, I'm still number two on this piece of data. I shall try harder.  :loopy:  This is my fun place to hang out.  :clown: (and clown around).

I have also recently retired (temporarily) and have been pacing myself (doctor's orders.) while diagnostic testing is being done.  I have a list of tasks for myself every day and take breaks. I am keeping up with my study/call schedule and took out a new territory. I expect to be auxil pio again in July or August. And, I'm still number two on this piece of data. I shall try harder.  :loopy:  This is my fun place to hang out.  :clown: (and clown around).

Very nice!

I have scheduled service days, I aux pio in March and May, I'm slowly working on projects around the house and getting more involved at the assembly hall. I love it. I love being here and getting ideas for personal study and now I have time to do it right (write, wright). Oh yeah, I love our banter.  :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Why is this not a figure of speech? "I'm tired of leading a dog's life and fightin' like cats and dogs against cats and dogs, a young pup's doggin' my trail tryin' to become top dog. I'm going to the dogs in a dog eat dog world, son."

Why is this not a figure of speech? "I'm tired of leading a dog's life and fightin' like cats and dogs against cats and dogs, a young pup's doggin' my trail tryin' to become top dog. I'm going to the dogs in a dog eat dog world, son."

It is. I have the T-shirt...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Have you ever wondered why Wile E. Coyote doesn't change his name and just order food from the ACME company?

I wish we could!  :lol:

Have you met Shali? She has slowed down recently, but in her prime, she'd eat you alive!  :lol1:

Oh man, is that a challenge or what?  I'm feeling those old juices flowing again!!! Give me a 3 day holiday weekend and you guys will regret the day you approved my registration (haha!) as if you haven't already!!LOL Yes, I've slowed down recently out of LOVE for my the mod's  especially because they have to read and approve ALL posts but if it weren't for them I'd REIGN supreme!!! hehe!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Oh man, is that a challenge or what?  I'm feeling those old juices flowing again!!! Give me a 3 day holiday weekend and you guys will regret the day you approved my registration (haha!) as if you haven't already!!LOL Yes, I've slowed down recently out of LOVE for my the mod's  especially because they have to read and approve ALL posts but if it weren't for them I'd REIGN supreme!!! hehe!

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

I'd like to flash back to the 60's and dedicate this next song to old age, 

Purple legs, cause me pain
Lately things they don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
Excuse me while I miss this try

Purple legs, all around
Don't know if I'm getting up or down
Am I happy or in misery?
What ever it is, it's going to trip me

If a group of rats is called a pack, swarm, horde or mischief, did Michael Jackson sing about a mischief maker?

My version of

Ramblin' Mind

By The Allman Brothers Band

Lord, I was born with a ramblin' mind,

Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' with what I find.

And when it's time for thinkin',

I hope you'll understand,

That I was born with a ramblin' mind.

Well my father was a thinker down in Georgia,

He wound up on the wrong end of a book.

And I was born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus

Rollin' down the window to take a look.

I'm on my way to the Regional Convention this mornin',

Leaving out of Nashville, Tennessee,

I’m always having a good time when I go,

Lord, trying to remember what you said to me

Coca Cola, 'The Pause That Refreshes,' was invented by a pharmacist and registered as a patent medicine for fatigue and headaches. It was later reclassified as a beverage. 

Wasn't Dr Pepper originally a carbonated prune juice laxative?

More homework.....

My version of

Ramblin' Mind

By The Allman Brothers Band

Well my father was a thinker down in Georgia,

He wound up on the wrong end of a book.

And I was born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus

Rollin' down the window to take a look.

I'm on my way to the Regional Convention this mornin',

Leaving out of Nashville, Tennessee,

I’m always having a good time when I go,

Lord, trying to remember what you said to me

Can think-a-holics think themselves to death? 

Can think-a-holics think themselves to death? 

Too much thinking gives me a haddock.

Oh wait, I'm getting my threads mixed up again.  :D

By spelling the numerals in order, (one, two, three,) one would get to 'one thousand' before using the letter 'A.' 

Not true.

one and two and three and four and....

So bsck to the topic

Why is snow white and not blue

Because the 7 dwarfs made her happy

So bsck to the topic

Why is snow white and not blue

It's all about light scattering and reflecting. Color is an optical illusion. As is the floater in my eye which is back in the retina, but looks like a small bug walking across my eyeball.