JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

Male mosquitoes survive by feeding on flower nectar and sweet juices.

Which one bit me last night?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

male horse-flies lack the mouth parts that the females use in drawing the blood on which they feed and eat nectar and sometimes pollen

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The address is probably on your house - if you were home when you were bit - she evidently lives where you do, or she would have bitten someone else.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Why does everyone smile when a baby has gas but no one smiles when an adult does?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Post any comment (within the rules) on any subject you wish, let's see how many topics we can cover in one thread.

Hey, we are up to 9 pages of total nonsense!

Back in the mid 70's I met a family in Nebraska whose last name was Case, they just had a baby boy and they named him Justin.

Justin Case.

I'm not kidding...

"My back aches." There, I said it. I remember the CO that told us when the WT conductor asked open ended questions, it was our opportunity to raise our hand and volunteer such. Never have had the nerve to raise my hand and volunteer the condition of my back at that time, nor would I want too. But, it lurks in the dark places of my mind, still...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Ahhh..

The deep dark recesses of our mind. Sometimes I feel like my brain is like a ping-pong ball in a moving box car and occasionally lands on something interesting.

Why are dark unexplored areas called recesses and when children get to play at school they are on recess?

If you go on separate polar expeditions, one to the North Pole and one to the South Pole, does that make you bi-polar?

A few years back, when I was teaching Adult High in Maine, my Supervisor allowed me to keep a Bible in my desk. He reasoned that since the students were adults (16 or over), I could use any reasonable source to answer questions. Upon hearing that I was one of Jehovah's witnesses, a student sarcastically (hands on hip) mocked, "A Jehovah's Witness? What have you witnessed?"  The math teacher's reply, "I have witnessed that all the prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled up until now. Therefore, I can correctly conclude that the rest of the prophecies will also be fulfilled." Student takes hands off hips and replies, "I always wanted to ask that question." The supervisor's replacement put lots of pressure on me to vote his ticket/slate. No more Bible in the desk. It was fun while it lasted.  :uhhuh: