JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

November Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3036 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Roberta, you gave me an idea. I did it with the original songs from the monthly broadcasts. Why not do the same with the new songs done with the Watch Tower Chorus? So far there are 10 new songs (as of today) that have been uploaded as stand-alone videos. I converted them to mp3 format for you, and uploaded them to my OneDrive page. Just click Download at the top of the page, and it will download all of them in a zip file for you (36.2MB). This will give you almost 26 minutes of listening material.

As more new songs are uploaded to JW Broadcasting in the future, I will try to convert those too and upload them to the same place. Look on there once in a while and see if any new ones are there; the dates on them will tell you when I uploaded them. If you see a new one, right-click on the song's icon and then click Download from there.

I am also trying to convert to AAC.  There is a lot of free converter software, but I don't know which is the best one.   If you can recommend one, I would appreciate it.

I am also trying to convert to AAC.  There is a lot of free converter software, but I don't know which is the best one.   If you can recommend one, I would appreciate it.

I personally never use AAC format. But the program I use to convert to mp3 is the free RealPlayer (RealTimes). It can also convert videos, or other audio files, to AAC. What I really find helpful with RealPlayer is the RealTimes Downloader, which can download almost any video you can find on the internet, including YouTube videos. Anyway, I digress.

To make those mp3 files that I uploaded, I can't just convert video to audio and leave it "as is." There are a few seconds of "empty space" at the beginning and end of those videos with no sound, which we don't need in an audio file. RealPlayer also has a video and audio "trimmer" program to remove things like that, but I don't find it very precise. So for that I use an old version of a payware program. (Unfortunately, I can't find the original site anymore. It looks like it's discontinued.)

Other than that I don't know what other freeware programs are available that can convert video to audio. Perhaps you could post a message in the General Discussion & Everyday Chit Chat forum. (Maybe try doing a search in that forum first, using the word "converter.")

Other than that I don't know what other freeware programs are available that can convert video to audio. Perhaps you could post a message in the General Discussion & Everyday Chit Chat forum. (Maybe try doing a search in that forum first, using the word "converter.")

You can use the free audacity program on windows to convert MP4 video to MP3 audio.

Audacity - Wave file editor (2.1.1 for windows 10)

To export files in mp3 Audacity requires you to download lame and ffmpeg dll's

See edit/preferences/libraries to validate the dlls downloaded.

http://lame.buanzo.org/#lamewindl

Lame 3.99.3

ffmpeg 2.2.2

The new music video isnt separated out yet? Or am I missing it? :(

Here you can download all the broadcasting songs and more ^_^  http://1drv.ms/1lb3wq7 even the last one

I just transform the mp4 videos in MP3 music and edited the MP3 to cut the blanks sound we have at the beginning and the end of the videos

You have also the songs of Sophia and Caleb (lesson / sing with us / song) in French, and all the new songs by the watchtower chorale

All the MP3 are tagged with titles and organized by albums so you can download to your favorite music player and they will be well organized in your music library

For those who want to do the same with windows 10 this is the three little programs I used to do it

MP3 cutter https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfjb3x

MP4 to MP3 https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfjb2s

MP3 tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Edited by peper-eliot

I personally never use AAC format. But the program I use to convert to mp3 is the free RealPlayer (RealTimes). It can also convert videos, or other audio files, to AAC. What I really find helpful with RealPlayer is the RealTimes Downloader, which can download almost any video you can find on the internet, including YouTube videos. Anyway, I digress.

To make those mp3 files that I uploaded, I can't just convert video to audio and leave it "as is." There are a few seconds of "empty space" at the beginning and end of those videos with no sound, which we don't need in an audio file. RealPlayer also has a video and audio "trimmer" program to remove things like that, but I don't find it very precise. So for that I use an old version of a payware program. (Unfortunately, I can't find the original site anymore. It looks like it's discontinued.)

I have downloaded the RealTime app, but I see no feature to converting to mp3 in it.

How do you do it?

I have downloaded the RealTime app, but I see no feature to converting to mp3 in it.

How do you do it?

What I get from the Windows Start button is the "RealNetworks" folder that was created by the RealTime installation. In there is the program called "RealTimes Converter." That's the program for converting video or audio files to other formats. It should be self-explanatory.

Other than that, since you mention "app," it makes me wonder if we are talking about the same kind of device. I am on a laptop, in which case I don't call it an "app." I notice on the RealTime page it implies there may be a different version of RealTime for Windows, Mac, iOS, Roku, etc... I'm not sure. Maybe the site can "see" what device you're downloading from and gives you the version you will need for whatever it sees. (???) I'm not a computer expert/guru.

Here you can download all the broadcasting songs and more ^_^  http://1drv.ms/1lb3wq7 even the last one

. . .

Formidable, Pierre! Tu as beaucoup travaillé à tes fichiers...    Whoops! :scared:  Maybe I should write in English so everyone else can understand.

You did a good job on yours. It sounds like a duplication of effort of what I did, but yours seems to be better. Should I take mine down?

Excellent job Brother Ken! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I really enjoy this month broadcasting I too was raised in the truth but strayed away from the truth, although I strayed away I never forgot about Jehovah I would always pray and let Jehovah know that I wanted to serve him and to help me return, at the age of 28 I made the truth my own and got baptized and now that I'm 30 this was the best choice and way of life I made. I hope my Dad returns as well. I hope he see this months broadcast. I remember my moms sister telling me when I was 15 years old, when you see all the one that were inactive or dis-fellowship ones start to return and come back all at once to the truth you know we are so close to the end cause Jehovah is patient with us and he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but wants us those ones to repent and come back.we are precious to Jehovah we belong to him, we are treasures. Jehovah is so loving and merciful and in his time he will bring about the start of the great tribulation. May we continue in our service and ministry to give a witness and even help inactive ones return to Jehovah.

My aunt Virginia told me the same thing 3 years ago when I was reinstated. It gave me goose bumps when she said it!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

...and because of the above, the new song "Jehovah Welcomes You Home" has been added to my collection of original songs in mp3 format. If you'd like to download all the songs, click Download at the top of the page. If you need just the new song, right-click on it, and click Download.

I went to JW.org and found the link to this video. I am sharing it on Facebook as I know several inactive ones in various areas (though not on my friends list any longer - sometimes people being curious sometimes check the websites of fellow JW's to see how old friends/relatives are doing.) So I'm hoping they will see this and be inspired to return before it's too late!

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

• 2 weeks later...