JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

November Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3064 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just realized: I've been on here posting some stuff, and I haven't even watched the broadcast yet. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to take care of that important matter. (And maybe while I'm at it I'll watch December's broadcast too. Why wait till the last minute?)

Maybe because December's broadcast doesn't exist yet

Magandang gabi sa aking mahal na mga kapatid! (Okay. At least Filipinos will understand that.)

The first part of the November broadcast was looking back in reflection on the Philippines and Typhoon Haiyan in 2013 (known in the Philippines as Typhoon Yolanda). It was appropriate that that review be put on the broadcast when Brother Sanderson was hosting, since he had served for two years in the Philippines branch office before being appointed to the GB. I can imagine that disaster was something close to his heart. That part of the world territory is something close to my heart too, since one of my spiritual daughters moved to the Philippines in 2012 and married a circuit overseer. She and her husband are still serving there. When news of Typhoon Haiyan broke, brothers and sisters in my congregation were worried about her. She was so loved when she was here. I already knew, though, that she and her husband were far north the danger zone and were not affected. But we were still worried about the other brothers and sisters who were in the direct line of sight of the hurricane. After seeing the broadcast tonight, I just had to go back and look at the videos that had been produced about that, like Philippines Typhoon-Faith Conquers Adversity, and the song We Won't Forget You. Seeing Sheryl in the broadcast again reminded me of the Watchtower study we had that mentioned and pictured her with her brother John. Interestingly, additional information about what eventually happened to her and her brother afterwards was mentioned in this broadcast. It was so nice to see that the love among the brothers we see here is also evident all around the world.

I would love to have a CD of the songs in the broadcast every month they aren't in he music section. Has anyone collected them all into a single file they would be willing to allow me to download for burning? Wouldn't it be fun to have them for car rides?

These are the lyrics to the song in the broadcast---but if I have missed some words or they are incorrect, please let me know because I am practicing the song. Thanks!

Jehovah Welcomes You Home

It doesn't seem so long ago
When my name you'd come to know
And it touched your heart.............

But you lost your way.

Although you managed for a while
And some memories made you smile
It was in your heart..................

To return one day.

Welcome home, my friend!
Your life can start again.
Stay beneath my wing
And know the lasting peace only I can bring.

And I desire that you should know
what to do to come back home.....
As a ray of sun
on a weary heart

Now here I stand with open arms
I'm your shelter from the storm
You can feel the joy of a brand new start

Welcome home, my friend!
Your life can start again.
Stay beneath my wing
And know the lasting peace only I can bring.

Now you're home.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I would love to have a CD of the songs in the broadcast every month they aren't in he music section. Has anyone collected them all into a single file they would be willing to allow me to download for burning? Wouldn't it be fun to have them for car rides?

Hi Catrina

On the JW Library app, you can find them under Publications > Videos > Music > Original Songs. I also have them on mp3....if need be, PM me your address and i'll forward them.

For me, this was absolutely the best broadcast, as it is filled with many personable, and relatable experiences. This broadcast should have come with a disclaimer:  "Warning...several boxes of tissues may be needed!"   :cry:

I agree!  This is just so heartwarming, seeing the love and effort being poured out to help all ones who have lost their way.  I've always thought, we put so much effort in reaching strangers with the kingdom message, yet we lose our brothers and sisters out the back door.  Doesn't this also show us we are so close we must be - we are looking for all of the 'stragglers' in earnest now.  Hurry back!!!

With the Philippines story, I wonder who got the most encourgement?  It seems that the brothers went out there to help and encourge our brothers who had suffered this terrible diaster, but the strength and endurance of these ones encouraged them as well.  It makes me wonder how I would react if I lost everything like these brothers.

Sr. Judy,

I have listened to this many times and I think the line highlighted below is "As a radiant sun".  I may be wrong but the "of" does not seen to fit the voice.  I love the work you put into this.

And I desire that you should know
what to do to come back home.....
As a ray of sun
on a weary heart

I went through this once in another thread and some savvy soul suggested that,

instead of struggling to figure out the lyrics, just watch the GB's monthly broadcast

with the closed captioning feature on. :D  

Works slick!!! ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Such a wonderful program - I can't count how many times I was near to (happy) tears.

* I appreciate the follow-up report on the making of the video about our Philipino brothers

and

* The Africa report especially the old lady touched by the message that she will become Young again.... given how long

those people probably live I recon she might be over a hundred years old... (my grandmother died at 125 and lived her whole life in a village).  I was touched

by the San speaking sister that said that "even if the San speaking people are the last to be contacted they WILL be contacted"...

That's a good suggestion Trina.  I would love to have that also.

If anyone can produce a copy, can I have one also.

Thanks a bunch...

Okay, hold on a minute or two... I'm working on something for you. I'll let you know.

And the MARKING FOR SURVIVAL also! Lol ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I just listened to Nancy Yuen's experience.  What a trial!  She maintained her integrity the way that Harold King and others did, by recalling to mind the scriptures that comforted her.  Brother Sanderson did not say that she had died, so apparently she is still living - I guess.  A month or two ago, Brother King's experience ended when the introducing brother said that he got his heavenly calling, but they didnt say that about Sister Yuen  Either way, she is such an encouragement.