JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vladimir Putin signs law allowing Russia to ignore international human rights rulings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3145 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Vladimir Putin signs law allowing Russia to ignore international human rights rulings

Russia's Constitutional Court said the country's constitution would take priority over international law

The ECHR is a key international institution for human rights and receives thousands of cases from Russia every year

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-signs-law-allowing-russian-court-to-overthrow-international-human-rights-rulings-a6773581.html

Apparently, the driving force behind this are financial settlements relating to the Kremlin grabbing the Yukos power company.

Can't really say "bad news for our brothers" because, to be honest, Russia hasn't cared about international human rights rulings for quite some time. They have just decided to flip the bird rather officially, now.

Oh sorry brother Shawn, my bad???

I meant that isn't the KOTN the one that starts up a campaign against Jehovah's people in the time of the end...and wouldn't the KOTN start the campaign in their region prior to going abroad on the attack? Does that make any sense?

It just seems that after Jehovah's people were able to function in Russia for years now it is changing to oppose U.S. first in regions now in all of Russia...expanding the attack.

I meant that isn't the KOTN the one that starts up a campaign against Jehovah's people in the time of the end...and wouldn't the KOTN start the campaign in their region prior to going abroad on the attack? Does that make any sense?

It just seems that after Jehovah's people were able to function in Russia for years now it is changing to oppose U.S. first in regions now in all of Russia...expanding the attack.

Ahhh start IN their own region.  I so misread what you wrote.

Not at all.

King of the North maybe??? If it is the KOTN then they will have to start in their own region anyway...we are so close I think.

See, you said it right there.  I did not read this correctly.  Glossed over it.

My fault.  You can't be faulted for my poor reading.

We have a campaign coming up too. And that is the message of Judgement. Daniel 11:44 ,45.

Me thinks the Russian Orthodox Church be behind this.

"The harlot lays"

Seems the driving force behind this law was the EuCHR demanding settlements be paid because of the Yukos grab by Putin's government. So, no, the Russian Orthodox Church is probably not behind it. But this'll make it easier for the Russian government not to care about the rights of our brothers in Russia.

"We are at the wall of Jericho, marching around on the 7th day."  This quoted sentence is from our current study WT for December, from "No Regrets About the Decision He Made In His Youth" pages 14 - 17/Nikolai Dubovinsky.   I don't think we have long to wait for the end of Russia's rule and any other Governments worldwide.    December is nearly over, and it will be 2016 right around the corner.  How fast will that year go by too?  Will the end come then?  Don't know, but keep on the watch, spiritually and physically. 

Edited by allabord4jah