JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Authorities Threaten to Liquidate Witnesses’ National Headquarters in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2952 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's unsettling to see the amount of pressure that Satan and His system are putting on our brothers in Russia. :(  May Jehovah bless and support our brothers there. :) There is simply nothing that they can do to stop what Jehovah wants done.

We MUST be getting REALLY close to the Great Tribulation breaking out.

45 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'm wondering if the FDS will plan a tract campaign as they have done in other situations. Flood the country with counter-measures, such as "Are JW's a threat to national security?"

Where have we done this before?

Like this?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011332#h=8

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/7/2016 at 8:00 PM, JWTalk Forums said:

Shouldn't this link be https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/liquidation-headquarters-threatened-20160407/ instead of pointing back to this thread?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

27 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I really can't imagine what my life will be like in a few months! If we don't have a convention this year I will be really sad!

hughug.gif.07ed011d1a854388345c6669c8ede  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

I really can't imagine what my life will be like in a few months! If we don't have a convention this year I will be really sad!

Countless prayers are being said for our brothers & sisters in Russia. 

Thank you Victoria for mentioning your conventions, we need to pray specifically about that. :heart:

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

Maybe the growth was not what Jehovah wanted to see in this area, so he is permitting  this trial so as to stir the hearts of those who would want to worship him.  I will pray specifically that each of you will hold up under trial and that a fine witness will be given. 

You ou brothers and sisters are in our hearts and our prayers and you give us courage with yours.  

12 hours ago, Victoria said:

Hello, Victoria!  I haven't heard from you in a while.

I will be praying for you and all the brothers in Russia.

Edited by Witness1970

clarification

On 4/11/2016 at 7:42 PM, Qapla said:

Shouldn't this link be https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/liquidation-headquarters-threatened-20160407/ instead of pointing back to this thread?

From what I understand, it's a glitch in the new software we're using. These jw.org news stories are posted here by an automated system, and it puts in the wrong link every time. (Patience! They'll get it straightened out sometime...)

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Wonder if this effects more than just the congregations in  Tyumen, Russia.:confused:

Will be awesome news, if it effects the entire country of Russia.^_^

I was thinking the same thing. Tyumen is just one city where the prosecutors threatened to dissolve the "branch" as early as last year. When the article mentions "branch," I think it's just referring rather to a congregation. The Administrative Center of JWs in Russia, mentioned in the jw.org newsroom post, is in Saint Petersburg.

I like this article: http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/160414c.html

<<Why is this one of the most peaceful Christian churches so hated by totalitarian regimes? In the first place, for their doctrinal pacifism—unconditional refusal of military service. >>

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "