JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coconut oil. ->. eyelid - ->> deep sleep

I ,sometimes am unable to sleep and am wide awake till 1am . And the next day, it will be tiring, for my sleep would have been insufficient and i would be up by

6 and then try i may, but can't continue to continue with my sleep.

This happens every now and then.

A friend of mine suggested to rub one or two drops of coconut oil on eyelids and below the eyes too,before i retired for sleep.

I tried this.

Oh, what deep sleep i got.

Sleep comes nearly half an hour later after rubbing the oil. But when i got up, the next morning, i still had heavy eyes after 7 hours of sleep.

Since, there are some of us, who have the same problem, i thought this might be of use to them and i could see no side-effects . So, decided to share this.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

I ,sometimes am unable to sleep and am wide awake till 1am . And the next day, it will be tiring, for my sleep would have been insufficient and i would be up by

6 and then try i may, but can't continue to continue with my sleep.

This happens every now and then.

A friend of mine suggested to rub one or two drops of coconut oil on eyelids and below the eyes too,before i retired for sleep.

I tried this.

Oh, what deep sleep i got.

Sleep comes nearly half an hour later after rubbing the oil. But when i got up, the next morning, i still had heavy eyes after 7 hours of sleep.

Since, there are some of us, who have the same problem, i thought this might be of use to them and i could see no side-effects . So, decided to share this. emoji42.pngemoji42.png

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

I am going to try that Bro. If I don't take something for sleep, I'm up till the next day. I get prescription for sleep but try not to take it and become hooked on it. But my sleep is missing in action too.

Thanks!!

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Coconut oil is also used for oil pulling - removing toxins in the teeth and gums. Thanks for the tip - says she who is awake and posting at 3 am today. I will try it tonight.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Hey all not-so-sleepy ones :D try foods rich in the amino acid known as L-Triptophan. It works well in about a month of steady diet rich in it, it really helps. Also do some meditation and breathing exercises. They can keep prescription pills away. I had the problem for a while tried a combi of these and worked. Be patient and try it helps atleast a little. Happy snoring! :lol:

paradise.eternity.glory

• 7 months later...
On 10/08/2016 at 7:01 PM, stargazer said:

meditation and breathing exercises.

I thought we were not supposed to meditate in that way? That it came from eastern religions and that it opens the mind potentially leading to demonic influence? 

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/devil-demon-control/ 

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201405/meditation/

I actually know how to mediate in such a way, as I was taught (and I quote from my teacher, a "none religious form" of mediation) when I was learning Chinese martial arts (I learned a couple of very rare styles that go back a few hundred years, studying from one of the very few authentic schools with a surviving lineage). Though I never did do the meditation stuff it as  only desired to learn self defence skills as well as learning for the historical and cultural aspects. However I was a practitioner of qigong, which is breathing and slow movements, a form of moving meditation, not to empty the mind, but makes active use of it. In modern times meditation is promoted as a health practice, but it originates from eastern traditions where practitioners would empty the mind on purpose in order to be possessed by their gods. It's the reason I stopped practising the martial arts and qigong I was practising too, as I found out through deep research that the movements, traditions, methods of training and mental practices I was doing all go back to ancient Chinese magic rituals, shamanism and animism (hence why there are animal styles of kung fu). 

Today it is disguised as a simple fitness/self defence practice, but goes back to the Chinese Opera. A religious house which did rituals combined with performance arts and fighting skills all wrapped into a single package, and is the real origins of all the Chinese martial arts you see today. The various training forms (sets of choreographed movements to train you in all the movements of the art) all signify various pagan gods of China, and along with these practices they teach one to "empty their mind of intent" as well as other forms of mental intent and use of the imagination to affect one's physiology.

Today this is explained that it is to keep a practitioner calm for violent encounters,  but historically it was to be possessed by gods during the practice as they believed it would grant them victory on the battlefield in war. One cannot learn Chinese martial arts, even for simple self defence without performing the pagan rituals, as it's set up that the entire program of learning "forces" a person to do the pagan things, as it is the learning system for developing the skills of self defence, which "is" the art of kung fu,. The pagan rituals and methods of learning to protect one's self are integrated and cannot be separated, if one only learns to defend one's self without the pagan elements of practice, it is no longer considered kung fu, you don't get to learn the deeper skill sets, or progress in self defence/fighting talent which is the very reason a person goes into kung fu for in the first place. It's a clever lure. The art of defending one's self, physical skills and what not, are innocent enough, but in order to actually attain those skills in the Chinese arts, one has to go through the pagan traditions to train those innocent skills. (I liken this to Satan putting a bible inside a chest, the bible is pure, you want the bible, but he tells you in order to unlock the chest, you have to perform black magic on it to get the bible out of it. Likewise, Chinese martial arts are designed in the same way, but more sneaky, you don't even realise what you are doing to unlock the chest of innocent contents involves paganism.)

After the 1900s boxer rebellion, where Christian preachers went over to China for the first time, the Chinese magic practitioners/martial artists attempted to kill the Christians because they were telling the Chinese what they were doing was pagan. The Chinese lost as western forces came over and fought them off, and the martial artists assumed their magic would protect them from bullets... but... lol.  After that, the Chinese in order to save face from embarrassment from the western world went ahead and attempted to "modernise" themselves. This included martial arts, they re-branded the arts to be modern fitness practices, mental and physical. Something that was meant to be similar to western boxing, as opposed to being mystical. Nothing actually changed in the arts though, only the origins were blurred, the magical practices remained, just made to look "sciencey" and "new age", re-explained. (Very much akin to modern Yoga) The true origins are almost forgotten due to Chinese government propaganda, attempting to erase the embarrassing past. (Another example of this is the 1960s cultural revolution, where anyone practising openly the "old ways" were shot). 

But went off an tangent there. Main point is that beware of such practices, as they may not all be as innocent as one thinks and may lead to a deeper place. I learned the hard way. I was almost lead into false religion when my original motives were pure and that I did not feel I was doing anything "weird". As soon as I gave up, finding out the actual practices I was doing actually originated in pagan rituals, I felt better instantly, happier, in a way I cannot explain. Despite being so passionate about the art I was practising, wanting to be a genuine master, I felt a weight lifted off of me, and ever since I have been far more focused on spiritual things, even though before I didn't even feel I even had a problem.  I still know how to defend myself (and in a normal, non paganised way), but the traditions, methods of training and so on, I have fully abandoned. Satan is sneaky. In fact the whole time, I could of learned the very simple self defence skills that I have from other sources in a very simple, non-contrived and truly non mystical manner! Though admittedly, it is more "boring", Satan always makes his arts look appealing, mysterious, cool or pretty.  

After I found out these truths, interestingly I prayed to Jehovah to keep me firm in my abandonment, because I truly had a passion for what I formally did. And I came across this video, which explains the entire pagan cultural origins and traditions of Chinese martial arts ( in this particular case, Taijiquan, also known as Tai Chi, as that is actually an ancient martial art, not many people are aware of that), which also explains how mediation practices were used and were intended for back in the day. I ended up ordering his book, and everything became so clear on so many things and practices both in Asian martial arts and forms of mediation. Never looked back since. How mysterious I thought that I had literally watched every video you could ever find on Chinese martial arts on the internet (as I was a very enthusiastic practitioner and researcher), yet had never come across this video that explained the pagan origins of the practices until "after" I gave up. As if it was hiding from me. (Or "someone" was hiding it from me)

Now of course, there is nothing wrong in the physicality of movements, and also learning how to breath deeply and slowly to relax, but it's the traditions and particular ways we follow in order to practice or learn these things we must be aware. For example Christmas, nothing wrong with presents, nothing wrong with trees, nothing wrong with the colour red. But the traditions of Christmas which combines these elements as a pagan practice...

You see where I'm going. Satan appears as an angel of light. :) 

Edited by EccentricM

(Side note, it's also interesting that despite such origins of those practices being so well hidden, that the FDS has always advocated against them and talked about meditation to empty the mind or other forms of eastern meditation as being a dangerous door to spiritism. They have never mentioned these historical origins to support this claim, as they are forgotten by most, very rare that people are educated in such, yet the FDS were "exactly" right! Not only that it "could" lead to such, but they were originally "designed" for such.)

But yeah... coconut oil, cool stuff! (Lol, such a drastic turn of topic).

Edited by EccentricM

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 4:14 AM, EccentricM said:

(Side note, it's also interesting that despite such origins of those practices being so well hidden, that the FDS has always advocated against them and talked about meditation to empty the mind or other forms of eastern meditation as being a dangerous door to spiritism. They have never mentioned these historical origins to support this claim, as they are forgotten by most, very rare that people are educated in such, yet the FDS were "exactly" right! Not only that it "could" lead to such, but they were originally "designed" for such.)

But yeah... coconut oil, cool stuff! (Lol, such a drastic turn of topic).

Lol, why did you initiate such a drastic turn of topic? Meditation in our context simply means to think of spiritual and upbuilding things. Not the type that you've mentioned. I have never even thought about such an occult form of meditation, let alone advocate practicing it. 

paradise.eternity.glory

2 hours ago, stargazer said:

Lol, why did you initiate such a drastic turn of topic? Meditation in our context simply means to think of spiritual and upbuilding things. Not the type that you've mentioned. I have never even thought about such an occult form of meditation, let alone advocate practicing it. 

Yes deep breathing should be a technique we all use especially when we relax, too many of us breath from our chest rather than from our diaphram ... then we get less oxygen through our bodies and are very tired the next day  through lack of oxygen. So i'm going to try that - coconut oil and deep breaths might help me sleep tonight. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Stormswift, there is a south Korean accupuncture like (though not like it) treatment now that is gaining much popularity in my country. It involves use of needles, magnets and require no medicine. I had a tissue growth (non cancerous) in my nose. I felt very irritated and unable to breathe and hence unable to get good sleep for about 6 months. I even thought of giving up my spiritual privilege because I couldn't speak normally without a heavy nasal accent. I took steroids for sometime and the moment I stopped taking it, the problem would return as if with a vengeance. This went on for years and finally doctor said he'll perform a surgery. But the same doc also cautioned me that surgery wasn't a permanent solution and that he'd seen patients who had the problem come back, even after surgery. This made me very uneasy and I was desperate to find a cure. Then my mom introduced me to a sister in a nearby congregation who practice sujok. I went to her and she did needling for 7 days and guess what it's gone! Yes you won't believe  it's gone by about 90%. Now I can talk without that annoying nasal accent and sleep like a baby. Some sisters here who are doctors are also adopting sujok and they say it's like no other! You might try it if you know someone who is an expert in it. It can be used to treat anything except maybe cancer, who knows.

paradise.eternity.glory

7 hours ago, stargazer said:

Lol, that's me, I can go off on a rollarcoaster of topics, but to me they are all interconnected, but to observers, totally random and disconnected. Overtime, people shall come to see why I have the username that I do xD. 

And yeah :) I simply put two and two together, and saw mediation and breathing techniques in one sentence and it came off as eastern meditation, as that's what they entail. Also because of my own past subjective experiences causing me to perceive your sentence that way. :P 

How is the coconut oil on eyelids thing thought to work?

edit: should I rub some of this coconut shampoo into my eyes? :infatuated:

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13