JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Screenshots from JW Broadcasting music video for October 2015 and Song 151

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2775 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I learned a lot of stuff from the brothers on JW talk. I tried some of their url-changing-technique B) and found these images for the October 2015 music video as well as the choir photo for the much awaited song 151. :lol:

jwbon_univ_201610_wss_01_lg.jpgjwbnw_univ_201609_wss_151_lg.jpg

what do you think the music video is about (based on the image)?

5 hours ago, DDVictoria said:

I learned a lot of stuff from the brothers on JW talk. I tried some of their url-changing-technique B) and found these images for the October 2015 music video as well as the choir photo for the much awaited song 151. :lol:

jwbon_univ_201610_wss_01_lg.jpgjwbnw_univ_201609_wss_151_lg.jpg

what do you think the music video is about (based on the image)?

It could be a song of praise to Jehovah!

17 minutes ago, mserskine said:

First Saturday or Sunday  in October. I can't remember which one it is.

I just checked on JW Broadcasting when the previous ones were held and it was on the first Saturday in October which this year is October 1st.

3 hours ago, mserskine said:

I just checked on JW Broadcasting when the previous ones were held and it was on the first Saturday in October which this year is October 1st.

wow thanks for that.

This list with media symbols and their meaning could be usefull for all of you wanting to get videos or "future" pictures from tv.jw.org :-)

Of course, some of the older videos on jw.org are identified by their "Document ID" and not these symbols.

jwb - Monthly JW broadcasting programme
jwbai - JW Broadcasting - Apply Bible Principles
jwbam - Annual meeting
jwban - JW Broadcasting - Anchor Comments
jwbgg - Gilead graduation
jwbiv - JW Broadcasting - Interviews
jwbkm - JW Broadcasting - Kingdom Ministry
jwbls - JW Broadcasting - Life Story
jwbmw - JW Broadcasting - Morning Worship
jwbnw - JW Broadcasting - Choir Videos
jwbon - JW Broadcasting - Songs
jwbrad - (reserved, not used)
jwbrd - JW Broadcasting - Reports and Documentaries
jwbtor -  (reserved)
jwbur - JW Broadcasting - Tours
jwbvs - JW Broadcasting - The Truth Transforms Lives
pk - Become Jehovah’s Friend
pkon - Become Jehovah's Friend (original songs)
pksn - Become Jehovah’s Friend - Sing With Us

15 hours ago, jwjn said:

This list with media symbols and their meaning could be usefull for all of you wanting to get videos or "future" pictures from tv.jw.org :-)

Of course, some of the older videos on jw.org are identified by their "Document ID" and not these symbols.

jwb - Monthly JW broadcasting programme
jwbai - JW Broadcasting - Apply Bible Principles
jwbam - Annual meeting
jwban - JW Broadcasting - Anchor Comments
jwbgg - Gilead graduation
jwbiv - JW Broadcasting - Interviews
jwbkm - JW Broadcasting - Kingdom Ministry
jwbls - JW Broadcasting - Life Story
jwbmw - JW Broadcasting - Morning Worship
jwbnw - JW Broadcasting - Choir Videos
jwbon - JW Broadcasting - Songs
jwbrad - (reserved, not used)
jwbrd - JW Broadcasting - Reports and Documentaries
jwbtor -  (reserved)
jwbur - JW Broadcasting - Tours
jwbvs - JW Broadcasting - The Truth Transforms Lives
pk - Become Jehovah’s Friend
pkon - Become Jehovah's Friend (original songs)
pksn - Become Jehovah’s Friend - Sing With Us

this is an answer to my prayer. :lol: been wondering recently what are those other links i can check and yes, this list is a good help! thanks brother.

2 hours ago, Ijones said:

How do you think are the songs in our songbook arranged? Are they somewhat random or are they numbered by theme or something else?

The only reason to re number the songs, in my opinion, would be to group them by subject. If I remember correctly, one of the previous songbooks did this. I just received the December study issue and all the songs for the study issues, except for one, again have nothing to do with the subject being discussed.

The only reason to re number the songs, in my opinion, would be to group them by subject. If I remember correctly, one of the previous songbooks did this. I just received the December study issue and all the songs for the study issues, except for one, again have nothing to do with the subject being discussed.

In other languages the song numbers are different, and the songs more in line with the themes, but whatever the Slave has in store in the spiritual kitchen, let it come - we are hungry!

_____

In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another, take the lead.—Romans 12:10.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

This is what we know so far about the song numbers in the new songbook - Current song number in ()

6 The Heavens Declare God's Glory (105)
7 Jehovah, Our Strength (23)
24 Come to Jehovah's Mountain (107)
36 Guard Your Heart (52)
38 He Will Make You Strong (60)
45 The Meditation of My Heart (57)
46 We Thank You, Jehovah (2)
72 Making Known the Kingdom Truth (101)
74 Join in the Kingdom Song! (102)
82 "Let Your Light Shine" (93)
94 Grateful for God's Word (113)
95 The Light Gets Brighter (116)
96 God's Own Book-A Treasure (114)
127 What Sort of Person I Should Be (61)
136 A Full Reward From Jehovah (85)
139 See Yourself When All Is New (134)

A note on song order in the songbook.  I have shown Song Order and Index Order.

1928 (gray)     alphabetical by opening word & index by subject matter

1944 (red)       alphabetical by opening word & index by alphabetical title

1950 (green)   alphabetical by opening word & index by alphabetical title

1952 (green)   alphabetical by opening word & index by alphabetical title

1966 (pink)     alphabetical by opening word & index by alphabetical title

1984 (brown)  alphabetical by opening word & index by subject matter

2009 (picture) listed by subject matter & index by alphabetical title

The songbooks from 1944 to 1984 specifically state on the opening page that the songs were listed alphabetically by opening word.  This has been the case in every songbook (since 1928) and was changed in our current songbook.

1 hour ago, Hope said:

I always thought that was the strangest way to alphabetize something I'd ever heard of.  If you don't know the first word of the first verse, you're just outta luck. :P

Grateful the new songbook isn't like that.

Recently, we viewed and listened to the video about God's Kingdom - 100 years and counting, at our Midweek Meeting.  It starts with a popular hymn of the Bible Students of that day.  The opening words are "Mine eyes have seen the glory....." but many do not know the hymns title.  It was the same for many in the non-digital, non-indexed world of the 1800's.  Songs were memorized, not necessarily titles.  Titles in popular songs are often based on the lines in the chorus, which gets repeated.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)