JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

September 2022 Monthly broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 554 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

19 hours ago, Hope said:

Did you spot the animal shown throughout?  Trivial.. but also quite significant, I think.. 🤔😉

Hope, you have a keen eye. We noticed it in the scene where he was leaving the office party and then again in the hospital. Went back and saw it twice in the classroom. Once on the wall and then again on the girls book. My thought is that it was a subliminal reference to the roaring lion, Satan 

Edited by Dantheman136

Bad Spelling

11 hours ago, Sheep said:

Yes. That was nice. But did anyone get the impression this was going to be a series? Or was it just a "one-time" dramatization? I'm trying to figure that out from the comments from Brother Lett.

Watching the dramatization again, I noticed something I didn't take note of the first time. In the very beginning of the segment, there were scenes like these...

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.3b1a8ddf59050ecbf470ed3fd43114df.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.a827c1b0bb8deb22f91136979009f10a.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.32dcf5e5a5ddd207ac1f884faf251d78.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.8713393a26a97f3f6f8cb15f13101766.jpg

You will notice that none of those scenes were actually in the video we saw. Would the brothers put together an intro like that with scenes we were not going to see, or at least that we weren't going to see in this segment? I think that suggests this is going to be a series, with scenes from future installments.

So, does this mean that Neeta and Jade are going to be cult-heroes?

There is probably a better word or phrase than "cult heroes". 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I loved the 2 months of the convention but so happy to be back to our regular broadcasts again.  And what a wonderful broadcast this was.

Trying to defend ourselves against the negative words of unbelieving family members is always tempting and the brothers did such a great job on showing us that we don't have to justify our beliefs to them but sometimes just getting up and walking away can result in a positive outcome.

Directly following our convention, this broadcast helps us to maintain our peace of mind by showing us to protect ourselves from the world, both physically and mentally, by listening closely to the slave and by rejecting the negativity and lies of apostates, the media and bullies.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Interesting JWB. I watched his remarks twice. Usually the brothers try not to repeat false accusations so not to give those accusations free publicity. 

My guess is those allegations have gained enough traction among the brothers and have caused enough concern to warrant a JWB about it.

9 hours ago, Sheep said:

So, does this mean that Neeta and Jade are going to be cult-heroes

I think its interesting that you say that. I thought that the family in the 2022 convention would be used in all of the videos, but they weren't, so I wondered if the brothers wanted to avoid highlighting the same people as much as they did Neeta/Jade..But now we see Neeta/Jade again.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

We need to get a grip. We have to be told not to treat the GB like media stars, now this. We need to allow ones with that talent to be. Idolizing anyone is not okay. 
Period!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, AH173 said:

It's not the first time I used that phrase here on the forums. Once it was in reference to Neeta and Jade in 2020, the other about the family of Irene, Gabriel and Olivia (+ the later extended family) this year. So I'm not sure why it's being objected to now. But actually you're right. They're not a cult, and they're not heroes.

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

Perhaps they are "beloved friends"?

Aha! That's 100% better!!!

Edited by Sheep

26 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Do people call Caleb and Sophia "cult-heroes"?

Absolutely! You should see my new "Caleb" haircut! My wife just finished putting butterflies on every pen in the house!

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

I just watched the Jade and Neeta part in English and I just loveeeeee the UK English accent!!

Somehow it gives me a real European vibe and therefore very, very realistic for me.

19 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Makes me feel at home. 🥰

I'm with you both on that! I'm not an expert on British accents, but I was told Neeta & Jade speak with an Essex accent.

On 9/6/2022 at 2:01 AM, Hope said:

Did you spot the animal shown throughout?  Trivial.. but also quite significant, I think.. 🤔😉

On 9/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, Dantheman136 said:

Hope, you have a keen eye. We noticed it in the scene where he was leaving the office party and then again in the hospital. Went back and saw it twice in the classroom. Once on the wall and then again on the girls book. My thought is that it was a subliminal reference to the roaring lion, Satan 

Did we ever come to any definite conclusions on this? Why is that lion shown repeatedly throughout the song video?

1510113065_Capturedcran2022-09-09062050.thumb.jpg.96de1e3b21e241e3a944d157f9358602.jpg

2056153787_Capturedcran2022-09-09062249.thumb.jpg.88c28f22a4b693e110df3ac179474804.jpg

1397426474_Capturedcran2022-09-09062531.thumb.jpg.364ec33b6e8e9df39774c64eaa99a464.jpg

1167826896_Capturedcran2022-09-09062653.thumb.jpg.26472e0577309a03b668da6a11689b8f.jpg

Edited by Sheep

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)