JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

👨‍💼 JW broadcasting - April 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1801 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, WilliamChew said:

Is the design of the Chiclayo, Peru assembly hall different from other assembly halls around the world? (49:35)

Don't think so, there are many open assembly halls around the world. Now, this is the first time I see the seating area divided in three sections. And, also, the first time I see big screen exterior monitors used. 

I was so ready to hop in that cute van from the music video!  I’ve never seen one like that before!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 hours ago, pnutts said:

His name looks Greek. We have a Greek brother same 1st name.

Is this the same brother (Izak Marais) who is a helper to the writing committee?

*** w15 10/15 p. 3 “Keep Holding Men of That Sort Dear” ***
Writing Committee (Helpers)

Robert Ciranko
James Mantz
Izak Marais
Gene Smalley
John Wischu

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Is this the same brother (Izak Marais) who is a helper to the writing committee?

*** w15 10/15 p. 3 “Keep Holding Men of That Sort Dear” ***
Writing Committee (Helpers)

Robert Ciranko
James Mantz
Izak Marais
Gene Smalley
John Wischu

Yes my brother, that's him exactly... I think he is from South Africa

I see why brother Herd was used for this program. And I did like his point: value increases with age. I can image just how encouraging that was to the mature brothers and sisters. And he was right. Aged wine is more valuable than new wine. Old coins are more valuable that new ones. Mature friends do bring a LOT a value do to their knowledge and experience.

Good way to approach the topic.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Aged wine is more valuable than new wine.

Only if its corked and kept in the cellar...

You have to be careful with this illustration....:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Love that little red car! Used Google reverse image search to find out what it is: The Tata Magic Iris is a 3-door, 4- or 5-seater cabover microvan/minivan (MPV) manufactured by the Indian automaker Tata Motors. Powered by a 600cc one-cylinder diesel engine, it is intended to compete with auto-rickshaws.

CuteCar.jpg

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

CORKED....

A corked wine does not mean a wine that has tiny particles of cork floating around in the glass. Corked wine is a term for a wine that has become contaminated with cork taint. Cork taint is not simply the taste of a cork. Rather it is caused by the presence of a chemical compound called TCA (2,4,6 – trichloroanisole).

1 minute ago, Zebra555 said:

CORKED....

A corked wine does not mean a wine that has tiny particles of cork floating around in the glass. Corked wine is a term for a wine that has become contaminated with cork taint. Cork taint is not simply the taste of a cork. Rather it is caused by the presence of a chemical compound called TCA (2,4,6 – trichloroanisole).

I apologize that my previous comment  allowed this topic to detour into a completely unnecessary direction...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I apologize that my previous comment  allowed this topic to detour into a completely unnecessary direction...

Wasn't lost on me, thought it was funny! I was picturing gaged in the basement!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I see why brother Herd was used for this program. And I did like his point: value increases with age. I can image just how encouraging that was to the mature brothers and sisters. And he was right. Aged wine is more valuable than new wine. Old coins are more valuable that new ones. Mature friends do bring a LOT a value do to their knowledge and experience.

Good way to approach the topic.

I thought the same thing. After all, Brother Herd is the oldest member of the Governing Body at the moment. By your comment, that means he is the most valuable GB member. But imagine Sister Barnes' value in her congregation!

I’m not sure if I heard Br. Herd correctly but I still had a chuckle when he said, it’s not like you’re holding the microphone and “waxing elephant”(?) every single paragraph.  😁😁😁😁

It also made me think when he said, “it would be like taking our gift back from Jehovah”. Thought provoking when it comes to how we conduct ourselves.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

What do you think about the Indian-style original song?

One of the best, in my opinion - I've listened to it probably 15 times already.  I am very happy to hear more diverse musical styles used in our original songs.  It's a big world out there and it's great to see/hear the beauty of all of it! ❤️

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

I’m not sure if I heard Br. Herd correctly but I still had a chuckle when he said, it’s not like you’re holding the microphone and “waxing elephant”(?) every single paragraph.  😁😁😁😁

It also made me think when he said, “it would be like taking our gift back from Jehovah”. Thought provoking when it comes to how we conduct ourselves.

He said, "waxing eloquent"!  :D

"Taking our gift back" was deep...

On 4/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, Hope said:

As of one minute ago - still not up on the official site.  I run into drama (*sigh*) when I share anything not from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE.  Otherwise it's, "WHERE DID YOU GET IT? YOU'RE RUNNING AHEAD OF THE CHARIOT!!  HOW CAN YOU BE SURE IT'S NOT TAMPERED WITH?????"  😕

I'll just keep checking tv.jw.org as needed...

Thanks for the previews, tho - that song is groove-ulous!!! ❤️ 

I agree with you Uani, I wait until it come up on tv.jw.org, when I checked last night about 9PM it was up. Jehovah never disappoints, the program was beautiful, and I love the new song! 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)