JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

👨‍💼 JW broadcasting - April 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1830 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, WilliamChew said:

Is the design of the Chiclayo, Peru assembly hall different from other assembly halls around the world? (49:35)

Not necesarilly. A point to note is that Chiclayo's assembly hall has TV's hanging from the roof (Something not shown in the clip). This is the same approach we use in the Lima assembly hall aside from it not being split in 3 blocks and also being a closed.

In the Lima hall we also have 2 auditoriums (both closed and the small one with air conditioning system).

Both auditoriums are used with the same program when we have regional assemblies, but when we are having circuit assemblies, the 2 halls are used separettly to host different languange assemblies such as sign language and the 3 types of quechua language.

Big Auditorium:

image.png.d2414735aa5db4893d6318ceb09739a0.png

Small auditorium:

image.png.c1b08a02700d307cdcec75a0bab7589d.png

Lyrics to our latest Original Song (compliments of Brother Chew) :D

All I Can Give

JWBroadcasting—April 2019

O heavenly Father, I want to give all I can give.

My desire is to please you and love you as long as I live.

I’ll help those who listen to find in your Word what they need.

To preach and to teach is the way I can really succeed.

As I praise you, Jehovah, my faith’s getting stronger each day.

I’ll reflect on my dedication. I’ll walk in your way.

O heavenly Father, to you I give praise,

Determined to serve you in so many ways.

My heart is wide open as long as I live.

Jehovah, I’ll love you and give you all I can give.

Whole-souled devotion and love for my brothers I’ll show.

Volunteering to play my part is the best way I know.

I’m happier when I am giving than when I receive,

When I’m taking the time to help others who may be in need.

As I praise you, Jehovah, my faith’s getting stronger each day.

I’ll reflect on my dedication. I’ll walk in your way.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

23 hours ago, Hope said:

One of the best, in my opinion - I've listened to it probably 15 times already.  I am very happy to hear more diverse musical styles used in our original songs.  It's a big world out there and it's great to see/hear the beauty of all of it! ❤️

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Lyrics to our latest Original Song (compliments of Brother Chew) :D

All I Can Give

. . .

Oh WOWW! Wow2.gif.935e28bca2d43b5e055392d4403cb46f.gif

Uani, you have only listened to the song 15 times? I'm leaving you in the dust! (I just go overboard sometimes.) But now, thanks to Rosanne I can sing along with it.

20 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Oh WOWW! Wow2.gif.935e28bca2d43b5e055392d4403cb46f.gif

Uani, you have only listened to the song 15 times? I'm leaving you in the dust! (I just go overboard sometimes.) But now, thanks to Rosanne I can sing along with it.

Ha-ha -- waaayyy more than that now!  I've listened to it on repeat on my drives to and from work over the past three days... I already know the song by heart!  It is SO gorgeous!!! ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, Hope said:

Ha-ha -- waaayyy more than that now!  I've listened to it on repeat on my drives to and from work over the past three days... I already know the song by heart!  It is SO gorgeous!!! ❤️

Okay, now you're leaving me in the dust. All right.

I repent in dust and ashes. :notworthy:

53 minutes ago, Skye said:

This brother (in the car wash video) was used in another video clip, wasn’t he? I just can’t seem to find it. He would stay home when his family went out in the ministry...got baptized same day as his son? Is my memory playing tricks on me?

20D770C7-FA82-4D58-8845-0A68CB517136.jpeg

He's been used in a few videos.  In one, he is a Bible student.

5 hours ago, Skye said:

This brother (in the car wash video) was used in another video clip, wasn’t he? I just can’t seem to find it. He would stay home when his family went out in the ministry...got baptized same day as his son? Is my memory playing tricks on me?

20D770C7-FA82-4D58-8845-0A68CB517136.jpeg

As Sr. Hope said, one of the videos he was in he played the part of a Bible Student.  It was 2017.  Here is the thumbnail picture and the video number.

grayson.JPG

On 4/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, Thesauron said:

What do you think about the Indian-style original song?

It was great. Very beautiful song and entertaining. Whenever we play it, we feel the need to dance. 😁

I downloaded Hindi and Tamil JW broadcasting, then I extract the song. Sounds like we're in India.

Trivia: Our family friend had the privilege to sing the Tagalog and Cebuano version in the Philippines.

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

And the sisters get to wear slacks

Many a year ago in a land far far away ( Chile ) a sister caused a riot by wearing "men's" clothing - a pant suit.

The women could go around bare chested but wearing "men's" clothing was a no no.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Fortunately, salwar kameez (the suits our Indian sisters were wearing) are not "men's" clothing.  Personally, I find it more modest than Western women's wear because the legs are not bare.  The kameez comes down to mid-shin and rest of the leg is covered in fabric.  It's comfortable, feminine and practical.

I've worn them before and even to the Hall.  They are wonderful!

My wife used to have a green sari. When she was out in the world ( long before I knew her )

she was good friends with a family from India. She enjoyed their company & food and they liked her.

That all came to a screeching halt when

Spoiler

the men folk found a husband for her 😍- the women were all in the kitchen giggling  :givehug:

:scared::nope:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

On 4/3/2019 at 5:39 PM, Hope said:

He's been used in a few videos.  In one, he is a Bible student.

I saw this brother when I visited bethel 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 4/6/2019 at 12:28 AM, carlos said:

I have decided India is my favorite country: You don't need to wear a tie in service! :thumbsup:

I saw a brother delivering public talk without wearing a tie (just shirt) 

It was in Seychelles.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...

What i need to know is how on earth did the brothers take my car from my drive, transport it to the u.s. Film that segment and then get the car back on my drive without me noticing..... and they put all the dirt back on it and filled it with the same rubbish it had when i last saw it! 

.... il get my coat... and go and clean my car ! ..... 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)