JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

And Everything You Thought You Knew About Giraffes is Wrong

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2750 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You'd think that giraffes is a thoroughly studies specie. You'd be wrong. Giraffes are not nearly as well studies as we might be led to think. Also, they are four different species, according to a new CNN article.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

You'd think that giraffes is a thoroughly studies specie. You'd be wrong. Giraffes are not nearly as well studies as we might be led to think. Also, they are four different species, according to a new CNN article.

I enjoyed that article also.  Amazing what we will learn in Paradise!!

This thread is a perfect excuse to dredge up the old 'Giraffe Optical Illusion'...not that I'd need an excuse to dredge it up.Grin Big.gif

It makes me laugh everytime. (I'm easily entertained.YES Grinning.gif)

Spoiler

Optical Illusion

If you stare at this long enough, you should start to see a giraffe:

Optical illusion Giraffe.gif

Another thing I know for sure about giraffes is that they're sneaky and cheeky.Laughing SnickeringDoggy.gif

Well, at least .gif giraffes are.thumbs up wink.gif

Laughing Crack up.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We went to the San Diego zoo Tuesday and they mentioned how we know little about giraffes.  I was really surprised. 

Considering how many giraffes there are in captivity all over the world, we ought to know more about them.

62f31153dd95983d947a461addcca3be.jpg

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

We went to the San Diego zoo Tuesday and they mentioned how we know little about giraffes.  I was really surprised. 

Welcome to California, where else did you go? Did you go to the wild animal park?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

22 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

The turtle has aged. I wonder what we will learn about them in paradise?

That's my pre-coffee look....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Let's see:

• Giraffe's are mammals
  • Giraffe's are tall
  • Giraffe's have long necks
  • Giraffe's are herbivores

And here the title says "Everything" we know is wrong :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Let's see:

• Giraffe's are mammals
  • Giraffe's are tall
  • Giraffe's have long necks
  • Giraffe's are herbivores
And here the title says "Everything" we know is wrong :eek:

Well, the title was a joke, and implied that we might need to be careful with what we think we know and keep asking questions. Like, in the article they assumed that the giraffe is a safe specimen, but the truth seems to be that their numbers are declining rapidly, and they are not one but four different species. People say say they are even-toed ungulate mammals...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Are you sure you trust that source?

CNN is very biased and has questionable ethics and practices and beliefs...

Did you verify any of this?...

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

Thanks for the info but that is someone else's research and I'm afraid to download it....

:whistling:

Thanks for the info but that is someone else's research and I'm afraid to download it....

:whistling:

If the intention was that you should use it as a source for your answers at the meeting or as your research for the meetings instead of your own, then you would be wrong. Also, for many, CNN is a trusted source for news, but if it's your only source, you're in trouble.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Are you sure you trust that source?

CNN is very biased and has questionable ethics and practices and beliefs...

Did you verify any of this?...

It is according to this particular article. For many, CNN is a good and trusted news source despite its flaws, but it should not be your only source of news. Compare with the Guardian, a decent source but not without flaws. Then there's Live Science, The Independent, The New York Times, The Verge, and Bioscience Technology.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”