JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WORLD WAR III 'INEVITABLE' Turkey warns there WILL be all-out nuclear war – because nobody can stop America and Russia coming to blows over Syria

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2740 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Deputy Prime Minister, Numan Kurtulmus said the conflict had put the world "on the brink of the beginning of a large regional or global war".

TURKEY has warned the world will be plunged into global conflict over Syria – with superpowers Russia and the US on opposing sides.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1994442/turkey-warns-there-will-be-all-out-nuclear-war-because-nobody-can-stop-america-and-russia-coming-to-blows-over-syria/

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

daniel 11:44-45  is about the only thing left....  only thing these wars would seem to be under is Jesus statement about "wars and report of wars".  unless we redue the king of north and south struggle.  seems world war 1  and 2  are little different in the 1960's and the 1990's daniel books...  shrug  --- its been awhile.

Despite what scaremongers may say I don't think the world is at all at the brink of a nuclear war.

First, because a nuclear war would mean global destruction and Jehovah wouldn't allow that. But apart from that, because no one wants a nuclear war. One thing is fighting a proxy war where foreign soldiers are killed in a distant country to defend your interests, and a different thing is to have your own country annihilated and your population decimated by nuclear bombs.

The Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 was closest ever the world has been to an all-out nuclear war, and in the last minute they found a way out of it because no one really wanted that.

I could be wrong but I don't think there will ever be a nuclear/world war. After all, the League of Nations dismantled after world war 2 because the whole point of its existence was to prevent war. If a nuclear war broke out, people wouldn't see the need for a United Nations since they also exist for the purpose of preventing war and achieving global peace and security. The Bible however, foretold, that the United Nations would still be in existence at the time of the end.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

I could be wrong but I don't think there will ever be a nuclear/world war. After all, the League of Nations dismantled after world war 2 because the whole point of its existence was to prevent war. If a nuclear war broke out, people wouldn't see the need for a United Nations since they also exist for the purpose of preventing war and achieving global peace and security. The Bible however, foretold, that the United Nations would still be in existence at the time of the end.

That is a reasonable deduction.  What contemplate suggested below is also possible. 

1 minute ago, comtemplate said:

But if there ever was a nuclear bomb that went off and killed people, I could see that the whole word would change from that point forward and the masses of people that rise up would want peace and security from all governments... 

If it was just one bomb and it wasn't a war or limited nuclear exchange then I could see this. Everyone would be like  'wow, that was close' and then give the UN all the power it needs to obtain peace and security in our time...

Interesting. ...

Maybe Jehovah will step in just prior to all out nuclear war so that there would not be the annihilation of the human race. Nobody would then be able to say humans had the right to govern themselves ever again. The big issue will be settled once and for all and nobody would be able to claim Jehovah stepped in too early and that humans were not given a fair chance to sort it out themselves.

Man would of been proven to of dominated  himself to his own injury. Issue settled!

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Its interesting though that the whole Syrian business has become a religious issue and these 2 powers are not only getting involved but are against each other.  As stated above,  not only does nobody want a nuclear war but it is not logical to expect one to happen because it wouldn't fit in with Jehovah’s purposes.  However,  if it comes close and then the superpowers draw back and look at what has motivated the situation,  religion,  what an opportunity to declare not only peace and security but to unitedly turn on religion. 

This is speculation; deduction; maybe even deductive reasoning. However,  it is definitely not scriptural fact. :lol:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Nuclear weapons today primarily exist as a threat and deterrant.  Back during the early days of the cold war the will was there to use them and if the right situation had come up, I think they would have.  

But once the stockpile got to the point of Mutually Assured Destruction, the will to be the one that started a war that would end with the destruction of your own country greatly diminished.

Russia and the US make shows of force with their nukes but you have to think something really egregious would have to happen to actually use them.

But as someone said above, maybe they get to the brink and then snap out of it and decide to work together to prevent it from happening again.

I always thought it was hypocritical when countries like the US would say some people shouldn't have nuclear weapons when they have some themselves :blink:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Actually, the whole idea of a nuclear holocaust may just be fear mongering. According to the book Harmonic 33 (1968), authored by Bruce Leonard Cathie, a nuclear device cannot be detonated at any time or place the way conventional weapons can.

'To be successfully detonated, the device needs to be placed over a geometric position and activated at a specific time in relation to the geometrics of the solar system.' So, nuclear weapons can only be detonated when things like the sun and the moon are in a favorable configuration relative to the device.

If he's right, that would mean that all-out atomic war is not possible. On page 74 of his book he states, “The whole thing would be completely illogical because both countries involved would naturally have computers calculating in advance just where and when each and every bomb would have to be placed if it was to explode... Probably this is the reason for deploying submarines around the world, well stocked with atomic rockets. They could wait undetected over a long period, and fire their rockets as the Sun moved into position.”

http://www.holographic-disclosure.com/nuclear-war-fear-mongering/

http://www.worldgrid.net/1128/misconceptions-about-bruce-cathies-atomic-test-calculations/

Edited by Motherhen

24 minutes ago, Motherhen said:

Actually, the whole idea of a nuclear holocaust may just be fear mongering. According to the book Harmonic 33 (1968), authored by Bruce Leonard Cathie, a nuclear device cannot be detonated at any time or place the way conventional weapons can.

Ahh, no...I ain't buying that at all...

A nuclear weapon is self contained,  all you have to do is arm the fuzing and make sure your far enough away. ....

They didn't have to check the star charts or solar positioning when they dropped them on Japan. Arm them, drop them, di di mau..

17 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

How cool would it be, He just stops the missiles and bombs about 20ft off the ground and just lets them hang there...how could they ignore that?..

That won't impress anyone ... they would just think it was Magneto from X-men doing some trick for their next episode. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

12 hours ago, Motherhen said:

First off, I want to point out this topic we discussed last week.  In US Military Prepares for All Out War,  Stephen Ben-Nun from the Israeli News Live video was warning his viewers of the impending nuclear missile test (or rocket launch) in Montana last weekend.  While some of us dismissed the video as fear-mongering, the fact remains that the person who made the video (I assume it was Stephen Ben-Nun) felt that nuclear weapons could be used any time and any where.  After all, why would he be raising the alarm if such weapons "cannot be detonated at any time or place the way conventional weapons can."  

So, this confuses me.

Further, history proves nuclear bombs can be detonated any time and at any location.

Atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Nuclear weapons have been used twice in history.  The atomic bombs that flattened Hiroshima and Nagasaki were smaller scale versions of the nuclear weapons of today.  The fact they were called atomic bombs and not nuclear bombs or hydrogen bombs is just a matter of naming.  

Since the first atomic bomb test in 1945, 2120 nuclear bombs have been detonated by 9 countries.  These bombs were detonated at any time and at any place.  Well, the places were picked because they were good locations to test a bomb, not because the matched up on some imaginary geometric line.  Here is an interesting video representation of the number of nuclear explosions over the years.  

To date there are 9 countries with nuclear weapons capabilities.  

Now, for this Harmonic 33 to be correct, this would mean that all these 9 nations, as well as all the other nations on the Earth, have gotten together to perpetuate a lie.  They have untied to conspire against the rest of humanity to make the rest of us feel that nuclear weapons can be detonated any time and any place when they really can't.  Does this make sense?  The US and Russia cannot get together on a united plan for Syria, but they have gotten together for the last 60 years to present the exact same lie to the entire world.  And all the other countries with all the other scientists have joined in on the lie.  

Likewise, this means every nuclear scientist all over the world is in on the cover-up as well.  These smart men and women would understand if Harmonic 33 was true or false.  If it was true and that's how the science works, then these scientists all over the world would know this.  

Further, every nuclear power station is, in effect, a stationary nuclear bomb.  They wouldn't explode in a huge, spectacular fireball like a bomb, but they are just as deadly and have the potential to spread lethal radiation if they were to ever explode.  

How does such a secret stay a secret when literally thousands and thousands of people know the truth and have access to the media?

For what purpose?  Why would the nations want to unitedly present such a false story?

Edited by Shawnster

13 hours ago, Motherhen said:

If he's right, that would mean that all-out atomic war is not possible. On page 74 of his book he states, “The whole thing would be completely illogical because both countries involved would naturally have computers calculating in advance just where and when each and every bomb would have to be placed if it was to explode... Probably this is the reason for deploying submarines around the world, well stocked with atomic rockets. They could wait undetected over a long period, and fire their rockets as the Sun moved into position.”

This confuses me too, the whole concept of MAD is that two nations would be able to use nuclear weapons simultaneously.

The MAD doctrine assumes that each side has enough nuclear weaponry to destroy the other side and that either side, if attacked for any reason by the other, would retaliate without fail with equal or greater force. The expected result is an immediate, irreversible escalation of hostilities resulting in both combatants' mutual, total, and assured destruction. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

So, this confuses me.

Sorry for your confusion. Perhaps if you had followed the links, you would have a clearer understanding. If you had, you would have read that it didn’t say nuclear bombs never work, just that the conditions have to be right. So there’s no reason to think that the articles were in any way saying that the conditions weren’t right when the bombs were dropped on Japan. Obviously they were.

Also, the articles explain that because of the author’s expertise in harmonics, ‘he noticed that whenever an atomic test was successful, the same harmonics of the Speed of Light, Gravity, and the Earth’s Magnetic Field were present’. So when you say, ‘the 2120 nuclear bombs were detonated at any time and at any place’, you would simply add ‘when the conditions were right’. Since none of us are experts, none of us could say for sure if this is true or not, and it would be presumptuous to present ourselves as if we were. “Presumptuousness leads only to strife”. (Prov. 13:10)

Furthermore, you’ll notice from my post that I didn’t insist that his conclusions were gospel, but that ‘if he is right, that would mean that all-out atomic war is not possible’. So it was just a piece of information that I thought would be interesting to add to the discussion, and never imagined it would be met with such aversion. Have I done something, perhaps to offend you?

2 hours ago, Motherhen said:

Have I done something, perhaps to offend you?

No, but you referenced a pseudo-scientific book that has no basis in fact or reality or elementary nuclear physics.  You didn't cite it as gospel, but the fact that you promoted it in the first place was enough to prompt the replies you received.  This is a discussion board and we are all welcome to participate so long as we remain civil and can disagree without being disagreeable.  

We don't name call or attack the individual, but the idea is free for dissection.

1 hour ago, Motherhen said:

So it was just a piece of information that I thought would be interesting to add to the discussion, and never imagined it would be met with such aversion

Karina, I'm glad that you added your thought to this conversation. I had a look at the links to inform myself. I'd never heard of this before. So you've given me an insight. I don't think those articles explain it for me, though. To me, they seemed light on the detail. Bruce Cathie and the writer of the article have expertise on harmonics, which seems to be an interesting field. But they are not experts in physics. Or in the making of nuclear bombs.

So I'm taking what they said with a pinch of salt, reserving my judgement for now.  Physics and chemistry are at play here. Reading also about nuclear accidents, such as Chernobyl also show that unplanned reactions have nothing to do with harmonics. More about human error. A brief look at nuclear accidents since the 40's is very sobering. If it wasn't for Jehovah soon to intervene, these idiots would definitely destroy us all.

criticality accident (also sometimes referred to as an "excursion" or "power excursion") occurs when a nuclear chain reaction is accidentally allowed to occur in fissile material, such as enriched uranium or plutonium. The Chernobyl accident is an example of a criticality accident.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_and_radiation_accidents_and_incidents

i believe we will see a nuclear attack in some form before all is said and done. i remember a watchtower back in late 90s if i remember correctly that talked about the chance of another nuclear bomb and how it was possible.