JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

1 hour ago, The German said:

The same thing in German. We got also two updates. The 2020 literature is up to date.

Great news, so the English update will surely follow soon. Its the best for off-line research.

I also like the “similar material” offering on WOL searches.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't received an update to the English WTL and the ESD runs out next week....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If nothing comes before the 1st - it would not be the first time we went a few days without the new daily text or school schedule with WTL ... before we got an update. It used to happen all the time when we got our CD/DVD at the KH

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

If nothing comes before the 1st - it would not be the first time we went a few days without the new daily text or school schedule with WTL ... before we got an update. It used to happen all the time when we got our CD/DVD at the KH

I think that was back in the day that we had to wait until the end of the year to find out what the Year Text was. We have that information already. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, The German said:

I downloaded the complete update (4 GB) from jw.org. Unfortunately, it is also not up to date.

Yeah. I did the same thing. The date-time stamp of the downloaded file (taken from the date the file was uploaded to jw.org) was September 5, 2019. And I had installed the regular update to my computer September 6.

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

I feel a cold chill of doom.  Can the DVD program finally have run its course?  We now have much of it available on our apps...😟

Now, don't get your neck out of joint just yet. Have a little patience. (Fruitage of the spirit #4) I also have the French version of Watchtower Library installed (the DVD version), and it has the more recent publications. It's just ahead of the English version, that's all.

Here's the "Examining" book for 2020 in French, opened to October 3, 2020, which will be the date of the Annual Meeting. (:idea: Hey! Shall we start a spoiler topic for the Annual Meeting 2020 yet?)

es2020.thumb.PNG.541621c3c6f8850f4ad586f5ff17c2ea.PNG

22 minutes ago, jpl said:

Not yet ... in French

Thank you.  I was wondering, if the organization has intentions of eliminating the WTL because they give us this information in the other apps, maybe they will continue the WTL in languages that do not have the complete resources in their language.  They will only remove the WTL in that language when such upgrades appear in the JW Library or WOL.

In our  printed literature, we are told (literature servants) to destroy or remove certain publications...unless the newer publication is not available in the language. I thought this might apply in digital publications as well...???

44 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Its updated. At last. Its updated to February, does not have the march SWT or the MWB for March.

WTL Update 26-12-19.png

Hhmm. I don't have it yet. It still says Update 1909, and that there are no updates available. You must be sneaky to get that. :shrugs:

On the other hand, maybe I should be like I've been telling everyone else... be patient!

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Hhmm. I don't have it yet. It still says Update 1909, and that there are no updates available. You must be sneaky to get that. :shrugs:

On the other hand, maybe I should be like I've been telling everyone else... be patient!

Try again tomorrow if that’s doesn’t work try the next day and then the next day keep doing this until it updates 

8 hours ago, Sheep said:

On the other hand, maybe I should be like I've been telling everyone else... be patient!/

Same here, maybe the updates are released by region over a few days. Will try to be patient. However, its good news the update is coming through.

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I am new to this site, so forgive me that I did not read this whole thread.  But using Win7 still (don't want to go to 10 but know I must...) the WTlib will not open.  The error is "Wtlib has experienced a problem and cannot continue".  It just happened a couple of days ago and have been hoping that it would eventually open.  Is it perhaps that it no longer is supporting Win7?  Also then the next question/problem.  When Win10 was available for free downloaded I had installed it but decided I didn't want to deal with it then so I rolled it back to Win7.   So when I roll it forward  (from Win7 to Win10...what happens to the unopening WTlib?  Hopefully this make sense!  I thing WtLib is 2017 but am unsure and don't know how to check since I can't open.  Any help would be appreciated.