JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

Hi brothers and sisters! I hope I am posting this question in the right thread; Since the WT Library CD/DVD was updated with the newer NWT editions, all scripture searches automatically get "piped" through the study edition. I would like to pull up scripture results from Rbi8. Does anyone know a search syntax, or better yet settings change (or registry hack) that will allow WT Library to be defaulted back to the Rbi8 or at least changed back for individual searches on demand?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 hour ago, Elias said:

Hi brothers and sisters! I hope I am posting this question in the right thread; Since the WT Library CD/DVD was updated with the newer NWT editions, all scripture searches automatically get "piped" through the study edition. I would like to pull up scripture results from Rbi8. Does anyone know a search syntax, or better yet settings change (or registry hack) that will allow WT Library to be defaulted back to the Rbi8 or at least changed back for individual searches on demand?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

When you type the search word and hit enter you get a choice of Bibles. Select the reference Bible.  (see picture #1)

When you search for a scripture reference, then click on the top line called "citations".  It brings up "Bibles"  Click on that and choose the reference Bible. (picture #2)

bible.JPG

Bible2.JPG

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

When you type the search word and hit enter you get a choice of Bibles. Select the reference Bible.  (see picture #1)

When you search for a scripture reference, then click on the top line called "citations".  It brings up "Bibles"  Click on that and choose the reference Bible. (picture #2)

bible.JPG

Bible2.JPG

(Deleted images to save space)
Wow, that was a quick response brother, thank you! So I guess I should have done like you and used a picture.
image.thumb.png.f86b0e8e27724feb3ba379df76148af6.png
Here you see a search I wanted to pull up 5 scriptural references at once, from Rbi8, so I attempted to confine the search range by starting with "Rbi8" before listing the scriptures. This failed, because as you can see in the lower left corner, when Matt was clicked on, it was referencing the Study Edition. So my question is "Is there a way to confine the search to a certain publication/bible so the results in the left pane will be from that publication?"  I don't know, maybe I am not wording that correctly...thank you in advance for any help. Maybe if someone knows what the search engine is based on so I could look up syntax options that are built into certain search algorithms based on certain programming languages or something? hehe I don't really know the right words/phrases to use, just hoping to trigger something in someone's head! 😉

Thank you in advance!

15 minutes ago, jwhess said:

That works for a word search but Is there a way to specify the translation when you excerpt scriptures from a document or when you type a book, chapter, verse into the search box?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Jerry,

The short answer is "no" - however, you can navigate to any scripture in any of the Bibles in the WTL

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Margaret said:

How do you put this on an iPad Pro?

I am sorry Sr. Margaret, the WT Library (from DVD) is only available to devices running the Windows operating system.  It does not work on an Ipad.

Edited by jwhess

Can anyone tell me how to "Manually Update" the WT Library CD for Windows?

I think my update had a glitch and I need to try updating again.

Apparently I need the Library "Package" but I don't know where to get that from.

Thanks for your help :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

9 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Can anyone tell me how to "Manually Update" the WT Library CD for Windows?

I think my update had a glitch and I need to try updating again.

Apparently I need the Library "Package" but I don't know where to get that from.

Thanks for your help :)

I hope this helps.

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/update-watchtower-library/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, TRUTH04 said:

Can I receive a pm of the update package from you? Thanks

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/update-watchtower-library/

You can download the most recent update package from here..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2019 at 1:57 AM, Sheep said:

Now, update 1909 is up! It's 691.8MB, and includes the Watchtower study edition 201912, and public edition 2020 #1, which is not even on jw.org yet! ...among other things...

WTLIB1909.JPG.81c59eac45aaabae4304a61380b23673.JPG

The WT Library used to update early in the month.  Update 1909 in early 09-2019 (shown above by Eric).  I was looking for 1910 version in early 10-2019...but it never happened.  Now it is early 11-2019 and we don't even have the 1910 update yet.

Does anyone have an idea when it might appear?

20 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The WT Library used to update early in the month.  Update 1909 in early 09-2019 (shown above by Eric).  I was looking for 1910 version in early 10-2019...but it never happened.  Now it is early 11-2019 and we don't even have the 1910 update yet.

Does anyone have an idea when it might appear?

I was wondering (almost) the same thing. The French version of Watchtower Library had a recent update, and is at 1908. However it has the January 2020 MWB, the January Watchtower (study), and #1 Watchtower (public). :confused:  For maybe the first time ever, the French are ahead of English.

On 11/3/2019 at 4:23 AM, Luigi62 said:

In the next update:

1) 2020 01 Awake!

2) 2020 01 Study Watchtower.

3) 2020 Daily text.

4) 2020 01 MWB.

5) 2 Cor or Gen Study Notes.

6)  updates to publications. (od, rr.)

Did i miss anything?

I hope the next update comes this month in November, would also like an updated research guide and Assembly programs.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."