JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

15 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Hmm. Still waiting for an update for Watchtower Library DVD. bored_fingers.gif.e3e71542cb0ab0d4a802ed5e991bdcf2.gif

The French version is updated to include January's Awake, Meeting Workbook, Watchtower study edition, etc. But not the English. Even Watchtower Online Library seems to be taking its time keeping up. The only thing WOL has (that I noticed) is that it has January's Watchtower study edition, that isn't available yet in the DVD version.

I don't use JW Library, but I trust that's way ahead of everything else?

Yes, JW Library has much faster update rate, but JW.ORG is even faster. (In fact, the fastest. Should be why we should check the original site if there is anything new.)

So we could say the speed of update is as follows:

1. jw.org

2. JW Library

3. Watchtower Online Library

4. Watchtower Library on DVD

21 minutes ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

Yes, JW Library has much faster update rate, but JW.ORG is even faster. (In fact, the fastest. Should be why we should check the original site if there is anything new.)

So we could say the speed of update is as follows:

1. jw.org

2. JW Library

3. Watchtower Online Library

I would say its this, 2 and  3 swapped

1. jw.org

2. Watchtower Online Library

3.JW Library

13 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

I would say its this, 2 and  3 swapped

1. jw.org

2. Watchtower Online Library

3.JW Library

Maybe it isn't all the time. There could be cases where WOL receives update before JW Library. But I certainly wouldn't say that is always the case. It usually is JW Library which gets the update first.

One good example of this is right now, the revised Organised book. The JW Library already has August 2019 printing date version. (Revised) But WOL still has the old version. (September 2017)

Also, JW Library already has 2020 January meeting workbook available, but WOL still doesn't. So, JWL certainly is faster when it comes to publication update.

Edited by YukitoMatsuzuki

6 minutes ago, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

Maybe it isn't all the time. There could be cases where WOL receives update before JW Library. But I certainly wouldn't say that is always the case. It usually is JW Library which gets the update first.

One good example of this is right now, the revised Organised book. The JW Library already has August 2019 printing date version. (Revised) But WOL still has the old version. (September 2017)

Also, JW Library already has 2020 January meeting workbook available, but WOL still doesn't. So, JWL certainly is faster when it comes to publication update.

JW Library app is faster now we have the ability to download JWpub's.

Ok, I remember 5 out 6...

Me too....

Maybe WOLe could be like the full library with historical pieces (stored on cloud servers). That would keep our devices app at an acceptable size, and contain current/latest info. This could work not only now, but forever.

Just Older

I just got a new computer and I'm unsure how to add JWLibrary to it. It doesn't have a DVD drive. Even if it did I don't have a dvd anymore, the copy I have on my other laptop updates online. Is there a way to get WT library without the DVD? I don't want to use the WOL I like the additional tools available in The library. Although I'm usually pretty computer savvy I have no idea how to get it in this instance. I'd appreciate any help :)

signature2.jpg

43 minutes ago, Alex_Mikella said:

I just got a new computer and I'm unsure how to add JWLibrary to it. It doesn't have a DVD drive. Even if it did I don't have a dvd anymore, the copy I have on my other laptop updates online. Is there a way to get WT library without the DVD? I don't want to use the WOL I like the additional tools available in The library. Although I'm usually pretty computer savvy I have no idea how to get it in this instance. I'd appreciate any help :)

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/install-watchtower-library/

I just got a new computer and I'm unsure how to add JWLibrary to it. It doesn't have a DVD drive. Even if it did I don't have a dvd anymore, the copy I have on my other laptop updates online. Is there a way to get WT library without the DVD? I don't want to use the WOL I like the additional tools available in The library. Although I'm usually pretty computer savvy I have no idea how to get it in this instance. I'd appreciate any help

JW Library is added by going to the Microsoft Store.(Works only with Windows 10)

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/jw-library/25c898df-8f72-4719-ac58-679a26d561fa

If you instead wish to download the Watchtower Library, you will find it here:

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 11/13/2019 at 12:00 PM, Thesauron said:

JW Library is added by going to the Microsoft Store.(Works only with Windows 10)

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/jw-library/25c898df-8f72-4719-ac58-679a26d561fa

If you instead wish to download the Watchtower Library, you will find it here:

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/

Thanks.. I added both.. :P

signature2.jpg

Any news on the Watchtower Library update?   

I was hoping to see it this week, but maybe next week?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 11/20/2019 at 2:29 AM, Luigi62 said:

might be just before or after the 2020 no. 1 awake is on jw.org WTL will be updated.

Great, should be next week then, just before or after the December broadcast.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

12 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

What makes you say that?

I expect the WT Lib. to keep at least a month in advance for the January Meeting Workbook, so update by Dec 1st or early next week.

However, with all the updates to JW Library maybe the WT Lib. will be discontinued, but I really hope not.

1 hour ago, Chris7 said:

I expect the WT Lib. to keep at least a month in advance for the January Meeting Workbook, so update by Dec 1st or early next week.

However, with all the updates to JW Library maybe the WT Lib. will be discontinued, but I really hope not.

Right the update should before January 1st

I don't get it: no recent updates to Watchtower Library. Yesterday there was another update to the French version of Watchtower Library. That's the second one the French version got since the last English update.

If you're wondering: French now has the January and February study editions of the Watchtower, the January Awake, and the January and February Meeting Workbooks. English has none of those yet.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:33 PM, Luigi62 said:

The 2020 workbooks aren’t available in WOL yet.

The 2020 workbooks are now available for January and February on WOL & JWL 😊

However, these are not available on WT Library yet (as of 6th December). 

We probably won't need WTL soon as JWL will get the same content and features as WT Library...   https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/new-publications-revised-websites-apps/

Edited by Chris7

20 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

The 2020 workbooks are now available for January and February on WOL & JWL 😊

However, these are not available on WT Library yet (as of 6th December). 

We probably won't need WTL soon as JWL will get the same content and features as WT Library...   https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/new-publications-revised-websites-apps/

For research purposes I prefer WTL and it still works when the Internet goes down.

2 hours ago, Chris7 said:

We probably won't need WTL soon as JWL will get the same content and features as WT Library...

I don't foresee that WTL will be discontinued, as some have suggested. The French version has had two updates since the last English update, so there's no sign on that being discontinued. I don't have (or read) WTL in other languages though.

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

I don't foresee that WTL will be discontinued, as some have suggested. The French version has had two updates since the last English update, so there's no sign on that being discontinued. I don't have (or read) WTL in other languages though.

The same thing in German. We got also two updates. The 2020 literature is up to date.