JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

9 minutes ago, jwhess said:

My Watchtower Library is updating right now.  It is version 2002 (Third one this year...20-00, 20-01, 20-02)

2002.JPG

Under help mine says "no updates available"

Under 'about' everything is the same as your post aabove except [update 2001] your says [2002].

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

56 minutes ago, jwhess said:

My Watchtower Library is updating right now.  It is version 2002 (Third one this year...20-00, 20-01, 20-02)

2002.JPG

It is a huge update, 1.3GB. I've tried to update several times and the update keeps failing...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

It is a huge update, 1.3GB. I've tried to update several times and the update keeps failing...

I checked jw.org and the most recent updatepkg isn't available for download yet, the April updatepkg is still available. I'll wait and manually download the May update when it is available. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This looks to be a large update 1.3Gb

My update failed to install. Will try again. Does this include the August CLMM?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

4 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Lasting Blessings From a Loving God WP No. 3 2020, Is In the update.

That’s the complete WP for this year. 😊.   If my update fails, can it be installed manually if someone else sends the file?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Keeps failing for me, even tried after rebooting. Never had this before, strange but true.

AE2F499C-E34A-4FB0-9F8B-15F8B53796A2.jpeg

There was a windows update pending.

I installed windows update and tried again but it still failed 🤔

1 hour ago, Chris7 said:

There was a windows update pending.

I installed windows update and tried again but it still failed 🤔

I had the same issue yesterday. The update package can be downloaded and installed manually but it isn't available yet. 

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/update-watchtower-library/

Edited by Bro Richard

16 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

I had the same issue yesterday. The update package can be downloaded and installed manually but it isn't available yet. 

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/update-watchtower-library/

Thanks Richard, you are a star.  Yes I will try that. I notice you said earlier the April package still shows ( Last Updated: 2020-04-15 ) as the latest. 

But 'the sun will come out tomorrow' and I will check again. Never too soon to develop more patience. :pray:

Edited by Chris7

4 hours ago, Chris7 said:

Keeps failing for me, even tried after rebooting. Never had this before, strange but true.

AE2F499C-E34A-4FB0-9F8B-15F8B53796A2.jpeg

I get the same thing, time after time after time... After the second failed attempt I saved the .updatepkg file so I wouldn't have to start over again. But every time I get the same error message.

My next step was to uninstall Watchtower Library and reinstall from scratch.

2 hours ago, Chris7 said:

Yes I will try that. I notice you said earlier the April package still shows ( Last Updated: 2020-04-15 ) as the latest. 

I found the same thing. The update on jw.org only takes me to version 2001. And the update package for 2002 still gives me the same results. :depressed:

2 hours ago, Chris7 said:

But 'the sun will come out tomorrow' and I will check again. Never too soon to develop more patience. :pray:

That's a good idea. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Chris7 said:

Thanks Richard, you are a star.  Yes I will try that. I notice you said earlier the April package still shows ( Last Updated: 2020-04-15 ) as the latest. 

It appeared to me that the update package file didn't pass validation so there may be a problem with the file. I'm waiting for the file to be posted on jw.org. 

As an update to what I wrote on the other thread, indeed, just the first updates worked (1700 > 2000 > 2001), update 2002 still won't install. The updatepkg file itself seems to be okay, I can open it as any other zip container.

Edited by MikeyRo

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I found the same thing. The update on jw.org only takes me to version 2001. And the update package for 2002 still gives me the same results. :depressed:

I feel your pain brother Eric.  We will see what tomorrow brings :sunshine:

I d/l the update separately and installed it that way and it worked

The only thing is, now the icon in my taskbar is no longer the one for the WTL - it is a generic icon

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Well, what do you know. After opening and closing the WTL a few times - the WTL icon has now shown up in the taskbar :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Doubled in size...!

1 hour to go. Hope it works.
I spent hours yesterday and failed a couple of times. But that was 1.3GB per try... ade307b77bdf4ffa3a86eb6aa56c468d.jpg

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

I am curently downloading the update from JW.ORG. That file is stateded as being 2.0 GB. The one I downloaded from WTLibrary was noted as being 1.3 GB and the aboe is 2.8GB.  1.3, 2.8, and 2.0? Can some one explain what I am looking at? 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

My 1st attempt on older windows 10 laptop was unsuccessful. Will keep trying on it and newer devices. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

29 minutes ago, Old said:

I am curently downloading the update from JW.ORG. That file is stateded as being 2.0 GB. The one I downloaded from WTLibrary was noted as being 1.3 GB and the aboe is 2.8GB.  1.3, 2.8, and 2.0? Can some one explain what I am looking at? 

Same here. I tried the automatic update again and the file was 2.0 GB (not sure which two), yesterday it was 1.3GB. The automatic update failed again so I manually downloaded the file from jw.org, its 2.8 GB. I'm currently trying to apply it and 10 minutes later I'm at 1% updated....

Its slow progress...

21 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

Same here. I tried the automatic update again and the file was 2.0 GB (not sure which two), yesterday it was 1.3GB. The automatic update failed again so I manually downloaded the file from jw.org, its 2.8 GB. I'm currently trying to apply it and 10 minutes later I'm at 1% updated....

Its slow progress...

Good news. I manually updated WTLIB with the file i downloaded from JW.org and it worked. It took a long time, but it did work...

46 minutes ago, AH173 said:

My 1st attempt on older windows 10 laptop was unsuccessful. Will keep trying on it and newer devices. 

Went to my surface windows 10 pc and it worked out well. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible